Fixed CV ceased to exist on reload. Attached vehicles still there

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by FionnMacCumhaill, May 3, 2020.

1. FionnMacCumhaill

FionnMacCumhaill Commander

Mode: (Survival)
    Mode: (Singleplayer, )

SERVER NAME: (NA)
    SEED-ID: 627671

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always with save game file attached. Used an earlier save to return to same playfield, bug did not present.
    Severity: Major-loss of CV and all resources gathered in game

Type: (Gamestart-saved game
    Summary: CV ceased to exist on reload. Attached vehicles still there. Error (offer to mail & continue, continue etc.)

Description: ` tilde key console contains following error in red twice:
    Exception on playfield EFQP Moon. System.Nullexception: Object reference not set to an instance of object.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Do you know of a way to make this happen again with the same vessels & setup a save game this is reproducible from before the CV vanishes like this ?

3. FionnMacCumhaill

Umm, it was reproducible every time when I loaded up the save game file I attached to that post. I can't test on other machines but I assume you could see if you get the same error when you load that save file?

4. Pantera

• Developer
    Yes I get the error but ideally we would need to be able to have something setup before the CV "vanishing" triggers then trigger the "vanish" to see exactly why & where it comes from in debugging.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. FionnMacCumhaill

I have numerous save games from the same cmpaign prior to this, would they help?

6. Pantera

• Developer
    Perhaps attach 1 or 2 & can you also try yourself to see if anything triggers again on your end from a backup game ?

Germanicus likes this.
  7. basingleton

basingleton Commander

This happened to me... so to reproduce it (although I did not try to do it again).. my home power cut out and my machine switched off with with no warning and the game was running. When I rebooted and reloaded my last save, my CV was missing, but the marker was still there.. I did not have attached ships so I cannot speak to docked ships. I'd say, run the game, pull the power plug, and reboot to reproduce.. something is staying only in RAM before an official manual "save" (this is SP btw), that is not written to the hard disk in near-real time, and I think my CV only existed in RAM when the PC crashed. Just a thought if you need to try to make it happen.

8. FionnMacCumhaill

Can't replicate from earlier save flying to same planet (efqp moon 1). Save attached. Some red errors appear in console text referring to duplicate entity upload_2020-5-14_16-50-43.png

upload_2020-5-14_16-50-43.png

9. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Very similar instance happened to me the other day with a sv, after I had logged out stuck halfway through a window (Due to exiting cockpit seat in 3rd person with a low ceiling)

10. Pantera

• Developer
    @FionnMacCumhaill I found a way to make this reliably trigger: as your vessel shield is taking damage exit back to the main menu then load back in.

A fix is being worked on to prevent this but for any vessel this has already happened to they won't return. Phase 4 will advise for a fresh start anyway.

Germanicus likes this.
  11. FionnMacCumhaill

Ok, thanks Pantera