Dawn of Galaxy Orbit EX7 space station reclaim?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by DrakeHawkins, Jun 9, 2017.

1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

All good @dichebach :)
    Actually a detailed and good feedback!

Believe me that creating an in depth scenario is a very hard thing. In every situation you have to make decisions, non stop. And some are good and some not. That is the norm.

Thank you for the alpha 7 hint regarding promethium pellets for the quest! Fixed this now and did some other changes.

I played System Shock not really but all the big SP games back in the time like Half Life², Far Cry, etc. Dawn of Galaxy could have been a lot better of course but trust me that working with the PDA at the start of this year was very time consuming.
    After 3 month I had to accept the version as it is of this scenario but lessons learned for Dawn of Galaxy II for sure ;)

dichebach likes this.
  2. dichebach

dichebach Captain

It really is an excellent scenario.Having a blast with it! EGS is definitely vying for my favorite game of all time with this scenario being an example of how much can be done with the game. Just about got the Alien King's Palace cleared out: long protracted sapping expedition.

RexXxuS likes this.
  3. Goffender

Goffender Commander

I haven't attempted the hard start yet. Probably will next once 7.0 goes live. But yes have really enjoyed this scenerio so far and I have a ways to go in it.

Btw, my last start had the delay again with the preditors. They don't spawn till 2nd day at least. Of coarse the hard start it won't be an issue, starting in space.

RexXxuS likes this.
  4. dichebach

dichebach Captain

@RexXxuS

I've gotten TOTALLY off the rails with the mission. I'm at level 21, have built my first CV and about ready to depart my base on Maiy and head to Akua so I have proper farming gear setup.

I still don't like Admin cores, so if I can get to within shooting distance of them, they fall prey to my a quick dose of "Changemode" and blaster, then changemode back.

So I did that with the Ex-7 Station, and stripped it apart to a considerable extent (including everything on the entry deck and that includes the Advanced constructor the player has access to). My mission milestones are stalled at "Build 10 130mm Missiles."

I tried building the missiles at my constructor on my base once I arrived at Maiy, but that didn't count I guess.

I wonder, if I fly back up there, pop in an advanced constructor, build those missiles, any chance I could get back on track with following the mission miilestones? I get the impression that something "scripted" was supposed to happen with that Alien King Palace?

5. Mathias Juhl

Mathias Juhl Ensign

I have just left the EX-7 Station and liked it very much.

I would like a rework of the storage deck with the final fight - it was hard to get all the events triggered to finish. The huge boss didn't drop right and therefor was very easy.

6. Goffender

Goffender Commander

I didnt realize there was a boss, the big guy like despawned. Otherwise, it went fine, though, first time I left through the hole in the floor and missed all the O2 and fuel. Than I realized I needed to go back up to the main floor and board the sv that way.

7. Gwyll

Gwyll Ensign

Hi, ran into a couple of issues with the scenario:
    1. No fiber or wood, so cannot craft 15mm ammo.
    2. I was playing on lower xp (medium with slow progression), and there was no chance to get outside, since I cannot get any external doors open.
    3. Cargobay seems to have stalled at kill all the mobs, but possible I screwed up when I was trying to get to level 10 using godmode (all spawners I could reach were dead.)

8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thank you. Will look into it

9. Gwyll

Gwyll Ensign

Hi RexXxus, did a bit of tweaking (added a couple of logs in the starter gear), and if I kept spawners alive to get xp, I could finish the scenario. Of course, had to do some reloading/restarting, since the missile and shotgun Zirax killed me fast.

Edit: corrected a spelling mistake

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    RexXxuS likes this.