Dead Space Continuum

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Brokenshakles, Mar 7, 2015.

1. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

You know it is a good thing that the game has very minimal pc requirements because the way I see this going Space Engineers could never be able to handle such vast galaxies and let alone the colonization numbers of said Galaxy.

2. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

I can see space/terrestrial stations being MASSIVE!! As well as the ships that people will use to get to those stations.

3. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

My own server will be focused on pvp and epic gameplay. The HQ will be quite large, with space for many corp members and tenants alike. I plan on doing most production with ship printers, so getting mining ships plus a processing plant and a meduim sized ship printer up will be the first priority. Once we have these, we will be able to accumulate large amounts of resources quickly.

4. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

I may be able to help with some of those ship designs. I have a couple of concept ideas and stuff on my thumb drive.

5. Brokenshakles

Well, the short list right now is: Anchorable (Attachable to space station) Cargo container ships, mostly to hold resources, as I expect we will accumulate a large stockpile; A small, beginners mining ship, I already have the design for this; a cargo container ship that has be refitted to work as a refinery; a cargo container ship refitted as a greenhouse; and a large mining barge for intensive operations. After that we should work on a design for a capital industrial support ship that we can use as a mobile base of operations. I want players on my server to have the option of not having to design anything to play, we will provide a stock set of designs for them.

6. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

Here are some ships that I found online that I liked. Most are for mining:

7. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

And a few more:

8. Brokenshakles

Hmm, not bad for ideas, but I would prefer that you post something you designed or made.

9. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

I'm only using these concepts for inspiration so to speak. I will not be reproducing these as it may lead to copyright issues.

10. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

However, some designers do like their creations reproduced so that they know that they are ''out there" and also that people actually like them

11. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

But no, I will not be reproducing these

12. Brokenshakles

@AgentOrange, please learn how to use the edit button.

13. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well I have to talk with my Boss about it but I believe we could work as outside contractors allied to your clan, or a members of your clan who also maintain their own operation on the outside too, you decide either way and let me know. Outside contractors or inside contractors with a side business we will still need somewhere to rebuild our operation, is there any chance you can give us a few acres on that planet there or not?

14. Brokenshakles

I have no problem with side businesses as long as they do not conflict with corp interests, but that is a matter of good communication. I'm not the sort to punish for rules made ex-post-facto. I would rather have as many people on the inside as the possible. I expect all of our members to have their own projects in addition to our corp work.

Edit: In fact, I'm hoping for independent ventures inside of the corp's territory. A civilian side to the corp government, so to speak.

Edit 2: A few acres? Shooting a bit low, with the number of available star systems, I will need many managers for entire systems. Before that though, our immediate goal territory wise is the control of a single star system, so I will need planetary administrators to take care of things on the ground. You can take the best world starting off, we will be building our HQ space station in it's orbit. You would be expected to build resource gathering systems and an orbital delivery system once you land though. I will need a large amount of resources for the space station I plan to build as the HQ. I myself care about controlling the space in between the planets, terrestrial play is not my primary interest so I will be delegating that out.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  15. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

I already know how to use it :)

Edit: Also may I have a Temperate planet when We get your group going so-to-speak

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  16. Brokenshakles

Then please use it instead of double and triple-posting. Pet peeve.

17. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

Oh ok, sorry about that.

Edit: my phone would only allow me to place two pics in the post.

18. Brokenshakles

I will keep that in mind for picture posts, but please edit whenever possible.

19. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

I'm betting I'll make the most profit by selling detail on survey mapping of planets. At least as a solo player.

20. Robofan

Robofan Commander

@Brokenshakles , I've finally been able to decide that I think your corp really will have the most long term potential so I'm totally in for your corp again now. :) Sorry it took me so long to post about it; School... :(
    (Sorry, @Xefilis )