Dead Space Continuum

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Brokenshakles, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

That's fine, I don't think Xefilis has what it takes to run a player organization given his recent forum attendance, but I am still interested in a wider corp/clan alliance.

Robofan likes this.
  2. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well lets hope we can all get playing soon, cus I am soooo looking forward to this game.

Brokenshakles and Robofan like this.
  3. Robofan

Robofan Commander

Yeah, I can't say his lack of a presence on the forum didn't affect my choice at all.

Brokenshakles likes this.
  4. Brokenshakles

Ok, I have terminated my participation in Xefillis's thing, I am starting my own. I want DSC to be my own corp, but I also want to establish a larger alliance. What do you think is the best way to proceed?

5. JayCo

JayCo Commander

I feel you should make DSC stand for Dead Space Consortium and thenwe can all be subsiduries of your consortium!!!!

6. Brokenshakles

That's an idea, but I worry making my corp the umbrella will compromise my ability to run separate corp operations. I would need a clear line between people in the upper corp and people in subsidiary corps/clans.

Robofan likes this.
  7. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well there would be a tree with DSC on the top and other Subsiduaries below it, Teired, so the ones directly below would be be in the upper corp, then below other tiers of speciality, and off to one side but still below the lowest tiers would be the allies like myselunless you find a place within your corp for myself and Greg to take up and we will run AMS as a side line.

8. Brokenshakles

Well, the big thing is I want to avoid conflicts of interest that may be involved making my corp the "Prime" corp and making all others subordinate. I demand absolute control over my corp, and I don't like compromising the control that other people have over their corps. It's just a matter of reciprocation. I would rather have the Alliance be it's own governing body, and have my corp be one subsidiary among the others, who has representation in the alliance council like everyone else. I'm not opposed to shuffling brands/names around though.

I'm thinking this for a basic blueprint for an alliance, we set it up as a republican Empire with a standard tripartite government.

The council would be a two-house legislature like body, each corp/clan would get a proportion of representatives in the lower house equal to their proportion to the general population of the alliance, and the upper house would be a N-member council elected by the lower house. The Emperor of this Imperial Republic would then be elected by the upper house. The members of the Supreme Court would be elected by the lower house. The Legislators would set policy and bylaws for the alliance, declare wars and sue for peace, and set the budget and tax rates for the alliance. The Emperor would prosecute wars and handle diplomatic matters, as well as intellegence. The Court would settle disputes and punish violations of the alliance bylaws. All corps and clans in the alliance would have to agree to abide by all bylaws of the alliance, and would also have to agree to make the alliance Supreme Court the final arbiter of any inter-alliance disputes they are part of. This would all be in exchange for representation in the Legislature. Early on, I would expect this structure to be the primary governments for all participating corp and clans while everyone is too small to have internal structures. The idea starting off is that we dont have enough people to do this alone in any one corp, but a couple dozen corps together could support it.

So:

Alliance Government (Two-house Council/Legislators and Reps + Elected Emperor + Supreme Court)
    |
    + Subsidiary
    |
    + My Corp
    |
    + Subsdiary 2

And so on.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Robofan likes this.
  9. JayCo

JayCo Commander

really interesting apart from the tax and budget, thats a bit depressing, every game which ever introduced a currency has ended up being one where you end up just going around, mining stuff, then selling it, then buying ships, then buying upgrades, everything becomes about buying intstead of creatiing and building.... I sincerely hope there is NEVER a money system, All your other points are good, I fail to see how AMS could be in the coucil though, there are only two of us in AMS LOL...... So back to my original comment, where could we fit in to your Corp????

10. Brokenshakles

Well, I hate to tell you this, but even if a system of money is not coded in, one will emerge based on the most important commodity, most likely a fuel. Energy is literally power, and in PvP, logistics will matter. So money WILL happen. Besides, the entire point of having a representative legislature is that everyone then gets a say in how much money is taken, and how it is spent. It's how the entire western world does things. Besides, one of the points of a larger alliance is alliance projects, and the alliance will have to figure out who will contribute what eventually. I don't think people will tolerate me being the sole authority of that, and I want to make sure everyone gets a say in how that goes down.

Edit: As far as your place in the corp, you seem to be interested in resource acquisitions, so I would probably assign you commercial and industrial exploitation rights within our corp territory. That would come with a section of the HQ station assigned to you as your offices, and you would have a dedicated hangar bay in the space station for your ships and resource holdings. Your rights would entitle you to control any mining or planetary extraction operation happening within your domain, and would entitle you to a percentage of any haul taken from that territory, as well as residuals from any 3rd party miner that happens to operate in your area, with or without your consent. In the case of a miner who does not wish to cut you in, the corp will provide enforcement of your claim and title.

You would also be given a Letter of Marque and Reprisal if you wish to engage in privateer activities against corp enemies. The Letter will mean that the corp will take responsibility for your actions, and will entitle you to the first pick of a percentage of the plunder. In return for these benefits, you will swear allegiance and fealty to the corp (In-game of course) and agree to be subject to it's bylaws.

Edit: In fact, I may wish to run the corp by physiocratic principles, so your position in the corp would be determined by the amount of the corp's space that is placed under you. So you would receive a portion of the corp space as your domain, and others would be assigned other portions of the corp space. This would most likely be parted out on a constellation system basis.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Robofan likes this.
  11. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Just let us Drifter's go about and do our thing, what ever that may be. I don't see any of us claiming space or planets since one of our base principles is to be nomadic. Also do see us needing support of any kind since the other base principle is to be self reliant.

12. Brokenshakles

What do you plan on doing while drifting?

13. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Myself mainly explore the outer areas. Map out supplies and things of interest or danger.

I don't really expect to run in to too many other people, if I'm running in to lots of people I'm not far enough out.

14. Brokenshakles

Well, then you are unlikely to cross our territory, as it will be developed into a player hub, and therefore will be at the center of things.

15. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Ya only time I see my self going near the center of any kind of hub would be to trade for something I have no other means of getting.

Robofan likes this.
  16. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Thanks Broken, We will set up a remote restspace station aswell, so that we can trade with the drifters on their terms out in the bleakness of outer space away from the central areas, it will also be a replenishment station for branching out with colonisation.
    Thanks also for the offer of hanger space, we will definately need a work area for repairs and new build designs for our Primary mining operations in the central areas, obviously we will need a larger mobile refining mothership for our more deep space exploration and mining operations, but maybe those could be outsourced to other corps or allies.

17. Brokenshakles

It's good to see that you have the right direction down, our first order of business will be establishing ourselves throughout a single star system, and capturing all of it's resources to build those larger projects.

18. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well I think first off we MUST capture the entire first planet which we crash landed on, That way we can develope a central planet to radiate out from, Orbital defense platforms will be greatly needed to keep the planet protected from space debris *cough* badies *cough*

Robofan likes this.
  19. Brokenshakles

Well, I think our best bet will be getting into orbit ASAP and setting up asteriod mining operations to start, with an emphasis on fuel and iron aquisition.

Robofan likes this.
  20. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well as I said, AMS has already designed some start off basic colony buildings, We can use these to start the initial planetary setup, and Probably make use of them for the mining stations also.