Dead Space Continuum

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Brokenshakles, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Honestly the basic outline I have in my head is a structure based on subgroups sorted by timezones. There would be a set of guys who are in charge under me who are on call whenever, and activity would be based around time zone group. I want AMS to be the leadership for the Aussie time zones.

2. JayCo

JayCo Commander

WOW Promotion already we accept....
    Okay now where did I file those old gunship designs gonna need something to enforce order......

3. Brokenshakles

Right, everyone in the Aussie end would fall under you, and the top of the org would get orders to the Aussie players through you. Note there are some Asian countries that fall under these time zones as well.

4. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well I will be hapy to do whatever my boss requests of me..... within reason....

5. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

Such Benevolence.

6. Brokenshakles

I want to help everyone I can enjoy modding, we don't nearly have enough hands and it's hard work.

7. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

It's OK mate, if we all work together it should be a good game with plenty of interesting things going on, so long as the code will support multiple players at a time on one server all doing there own thing or building the same structure. If it cant do this simple thing then we are all back to flogging the dead horse again, and may as well go buy a cd game from the shop.

8. Brokenshakles

They promised the ability to support what is essentially a cluster server, so things could get very big if you have access to a large number of rackmount servers.

9. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

That would be great, to be able to work as a crew to build community projects

10. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Interesting, I have access to a large amount of rack mounted underwear draws......

11. Brokenshakles

Well, if we could set up a rackmount and run a single "server" over a cluster, then it's possible to convert Empyrion into a true MMO. Thats why I supported the project, it has the potential to become a modern MUD development kit.

Robofan likes this.
  12. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

I hope that their not full processors.

13. JayCo

JayCo Commander

OK Van your thread about DSC has spiral well off track LOL... Think you need to bring it back to your clan!

14. Brokenshakles

I am, we need a server to play on.

Besides, this is great, we are getting to know eachother.

As far as a starter server goes, I would want a single machine that is completely dedicated to running a single instance over as many cores and as much ram as possible.

Robofan likes this.
  15. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Agree, Also could you make it a CLOSED server so people have to join our group and then get given access, I have been burned on public servers too often.

16. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

Agree, nothing worse than logging on to your build to find grievers have been at work, then trying to find the right backup file.

17. Brokenshakles

Hmm, I rather like pvp though, so having your crap broken would be part of the game to a certain extent. However, I could see doing a system where everyone who has been invited could themselves send an invite to others, and you police it by making it so that if a new invitee gets a ban, so does the guy who invited him.

Early on though, it would all be world and setting building.

18. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

Raiders from other factions would be part of the game, agreed. But people just entering to cause mayhem is not acceptable. That's what JayCo was referring to, setting up a base and so on just to come back and see the whole sector destroyed for fun.

19. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well if thats what it was them fine, but usually the griefers destroy literally everything you have built, making you start over again or wait for the host to come on and roll back the save to and earlier file if one is available..... its all well and good saying PVP but thats not what you get on small public servers, you get asshats coming in and destroying everyones stuff cus they think its fun, Just the other day two upstanding server players were bragging on facebook about how they found someones base on a server and after they had ground it down to nothing and taken all their resources they built an LCD display and left a message thanking the original owners... Those were asshats and nasty theives, you really wanna deal with that, or have a more secure server where we designate an area as safe and have PVE and another part of the world will be unsafe and PVP only. I can definately say that having it closed will be alot better in a game like EGS.

20. Zeuch

Zeuch Lieutenant