Dedicated Server for Linux

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Nils Schasse, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Nils Schasse

Nils Schasse Ensign

One year l8ter the necromancer badge should be mine.

Above @Taelyn stated when "The game is in a more finished state..." so... well Polnochs links states "When the game is finished".

Promise 2015 was "soon"... 6yrs later... its "somewhen".

Game is great... but that really annoys me. Linux (server) support is one if the main reasons I bought the game.

2. Selune

Selune Ensign

I was very interested in this game. A dedicated server for Linux could have interested our multigaming community ... a shame! All the best

3. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Since they've decided to drop the Alpha tag and go gold without even entering into beta-testing, I have lost all hope that they will ever work on this. I imagine that if they do eventually decide to, it will be a very half-assed effort like what Wildcard does with Ark's Linux dedi.

4. Nils Schasse

Nils Schasse Ensign

Well as @SilvRav and @Taelyn stated the game had to become "more complete". Maybe this is the shot we were waiting for? Now the work on Linux Dedis begins?

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Linux Dedi is still on the list.

But were not done. We said when the game is in a finished state. As we stated the 1.0 ISNT a full release. Its just 1.0
    Were still working on the game. Linux dedi wont happen as long we still work on it. Since were a very small team and wont
    be able to keep it stable running

6. Blaises

Blaises Ensign

I'm an experienced Linux developer, would you be willing to accept outside help?

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Due to all kinds of Legal Reasons that not possible

8. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

To each their own I suppose. The Fun Pimps have been doing it for years without an issue. Game is on the same engine platform even. We're talking about a team that was originally like 5 or 6 people.