Detection issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turist[40k], Apr 7, 2024.

1. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

We have stumbled upon some issues on our small server running RE and i would like to know if it is a bug or a feature :)

1) invisible CVs. Like totally invisible. When in drone space, galaxy center etc there happen to be ships which are only seen by turrets only even when they are literally within 10 meters of our CVs.

2) moving (fast moving, not drifting) radar signatures of the CVs which are infact thruster less and are inmoveable when observed from upclose.

3) pseudo live radar signatures with real shield percentage but totally wrong location/movement info.

I'm quite sure some of this is intentional to simulate interference, last seen location etc, but feels mostly not right and not fun.
    I would expect long range scanning (left button ping) produce "distorted" signals but alternative (right button) short range ping being reliable.

And number 1 isdefenitely a gamebreaking bug for me. How the hell am i supposed to fght when all i see are my turrets firing into fast moving "empty spot". And by the way the projectiles/beams of those invisible ships are invisible too. So only hint that i'm in trouble is quickly depleting shield.

NB: sometimes my buddy who is nearby sees that ship.

Happens on totally fresh server install with new save game.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

These are due to desync. Not intentional in the RE configs.

3. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

That is strange since server is hosted locally on dedicated machine and i am on the same 1 gigabit network.

And if invisible ships are happening not too often, the situation with "unreliable" scan marks seem to happen regularry in drone spaces for example.

I dont see any usual signs of network or performance issues on the server itself.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot that?

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

No you'd have to reproduce and report in a vanilla dedi server.

5. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

I suppose we will try to monitor when and under which curcumstances this is happening, marking time/location and getting corresponding logs.
    Will try to create bug report then.
    For now i have scrolled through yesterday`s server and client logs and only thing slightly resembling error i found are whole a lot of "Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface" messages in the client log while being in the playfield where i had invisible ship(s).

PS:
    I`m afraid, that starting vanilla, investing significant amount of time to get to where we have discovered the issue is not an option for the regular player and more of QA work.

NB: https://www.reddit.com/r/empyriongame/comments/ynkrio/any_update_on_multiplayer_desync_issues/ literally the same issue described here.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Until it's reported as a game bug in vanilla it won't be fixed. There is nothing I can do about it except to reduce the average patrol vessel count in RE2 to reduce the frequency it might happen. Only the developers can fix game bugs like this and only if someone takes the time to properly report it to them.