1. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

So I'm having an issue with using the EAH from my desktop with it trying to connect to my laptop where the server is stored. I can run the EAH from the laptop just fine, it's the desktop one that won't connect. Here is the first screen I get. I don't know what other variables to use here, because nothing works. All I get is "client could not login".

What info does this need to make it work from a remote PC?

2018-07-11 11_09_12-Init.jpg 2018-07-11 11_26_54-EmpAdminHelper Full - remote Slave ().jpg

2. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

1) try to set both Sync passwords to nothing. So just click on "Sync Password" and klick Ok again (not entering anything).
    2) The IP must be the ip of the Laptop (on Laptop and Desktop) 127.0.0.1 is not working.
    3) Make sure the firewall is not blocking the ports and then your router forwards those ports right.

3. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

I figured it wanted the IP of the laptop, so I used that.

For the ports, the router doesn't block an internal IP (the laptop is local to me), so I know that is not the issue.

For the port, am I supposed to use the Telnet port?

4. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

the IP can't be 127.0.0.1 that is local host. The Laptop must have another IP.
    The port: No not the Telnet port. Take another one, like the 12346.

5. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

I understand about the IP, I really do. I am using the internal IP I assigned the laptop of 192.168.1.104. That is what I use. I am fully aware of the home IP of 127.0.0.1 and where it points.

I'll give the port thing a try.

6. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

OK just make sure to use that internal IP on the Laptop and on the Desktop. (so also don't put 127.0.0.1 on the master)

7. Yuka

Yuka Ensign

I'm trying to find the variable/setting and where it needs to go to affect when a playfield is unloaded. Within 7.x I was able to set this so a playfield would remain active for 1 hour after the last player left. I'd like to set that up again. This helps me keep busy playfields or frequently visited playfields active on the server so it isn't wasting time and resources loading it and unloading it - think for orbital playfields that are key junction points between two locations in a map that see frequent use for players that are passing through.

8. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

Open the EAH. From the left-hand menu, choose Config>Server. The option called "Heartbeat Server" is the variable that influences this.

Attached Files:

• EAH.jpg
      EAH.jpg
      File size:
      3.6 KB
      Views:
    Jascha likes this.
  9. Tigreen

Tigreen Lieutenant

So if HeartbeatServer is set to 0 then the play fields will never be unloaded?

10. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

As far as I am aware, yes.

11. Tigreen

Tigreen Lieutenant

Thanks, I was hoping to have a way to do that. My server is an older work station/server with 40 threads and 192gb of ram. I have no need to save memory.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  12. pdog

pdog Ensign

How do you setup the timetable allow/deny commands?
    I just want to toggle it so that you are allowed to access and asteroid field from planet x, then toggle so you are denied access to the asteroid field from planet x.
    Not sure how to enter the command as the tool just says enter playfields separated by #

13. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

If you just want one playfield, enter the Parameter like below "Akua" or in your case "Planet x". If you want multiple Allow/Deny toggles, you can do it like "Akua#Omicron#xyz"

But the Timetable function just toggles all Allow/Deny. If you have set multiple in the yaml then all will be toggled.

In your case I would only add "Allow Planet x" (that mus be an Orbit though) in the Asteorid field. This will then be toggled to deny etc...

upload_2018-7-24_13-30-30.png

14. pdog

pdog Ensign

Hi Jascha,

Let me detail a little more.

Asteroid field is an orbit.
    I want to toggle access from all other orbits on my server to asteroid field orbit once a week.

If I added the action toggle allow/deny with parameter Asteroid Field, would this deny access from every other orbit?

15. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

The toogle only toggles the Allow/Deny section in your sector yaml for "Asteorid field". If you did not set anything there, nothing can be toggled.

For example the Default Akua Omicron Szenario:

upload_2018-7-24_13-52-11.png

If you now set in the Timetable "Masperon Orbit" it will toggle all entries in Deny and Allow (Red arrow).
    This means you would have to set all Orbits that usually have access to the Asteorid Orbit into the Allow sections. Then it would work.

16. pdog

pdog Ensign

Thanks a lot! I get it and it works now.

Jascha likes this.
  17. pdog

pdog Ensign

What are the timing between the initial command and the subactions in the timetable?
    It does not look like you can enter a delay between each subaction.

18. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Subactions are called directly after each other. No delay in between.

19. pdog

pdog Ensign

Is it possible to have text on separate lines with the custom chat bot commands?

20. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

should be possible with "#"