DiffAttackStrength: Easy
    DiffEnemySpawnRate: Low
    DiffDronePresence: Low
    DiffDroneBaseAttack: Easy
    DiffConstrCraftTime: Faster
    DiffBpProdTime: Faster

2. Bud Barthy

Bud Barthy Ensign

thanks for the great tool i just love it. One question thou where can i add my rules and texts that i want to be post every x time on the server.. I can't find where i could add my texts.. thanks again
    Barthy

3. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Because its the default setting: To check if the game really has a bug enter it manually. Then start the server and stop it again. The entry should be gone = default setting. If the game still does not do what its intended to do then the default setting of the game is broken.

You can set up a timetable entry "Chat".
    See the example "Welcome to the Server" in the screenshot in this link:
    https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/documentation/flyout-menu/config/timetable

4. TE5LA

TE5LA Lieutenant

I had admin rights previously when running server from a batch file. Since I started using EAH, I can't get the rights. What am I doing wrong? I have an adminconfig.yaml file in my Saves folder and my Steam ID configured. It is the same as I used previously.

5. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

EAH should not be the cause. Just make sure EAH starts the right yaml and game. But I guess that should be so.
    Besides that EAH has no affect on it. If its in the adminconfig,yaml then the game does the rest. You could try to give you rights over EAH (or check what role he says you have in the player-list). That way the game will add the entry in the adminconfig.yaml again. Maybe there is a typo or so.

6. TE5LA

TE5LA Lieutenant

I have it set in EAH. Do I need to delete the adminconfig.yaml?

7. TE5LA

TE5LA Lieutenant

I think I will have to delete my server files and start over. I set admin for myself in EAH and now I get continuous "Internal Error" in the game. It happens every couple of seconds.

Log is full of this over and over:

Code:
    Parameter name: index
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at EmpAdminHelper.clsPlayer.Get_NextPosition(clsBinary_File BinFile, Int32& Position, eSp_Aufbau& AufbauType): Further Infos: Get_NextPosition: prefabDir Position: 16777703 -
    08.09.2018    19:32:43.441    E    Last Errors: Error:  mscorlib: 5
    : Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    08.09.2018    19:32:43.533    E    Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at EmpAdminHelper.clsPlayer.Get_NextPosition(clsBinary_File BinFile, Int32& Position, eSp_Aufbau& AufbauType): Further Infos: Get_NextPosition: prefabDir Position: 4584 -
    08.09.2018    19:32:43.534    E    Last Errors: Error:  mscorlib: 5
    : Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    08.09.2018    19:32:43.542    E    Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
       at EmpAdminHelper.clsPlayer.Get_NextPosition_PlayerVar(clsBinary_File BinFile, Int32& Position): Further Infos: Get_NextPosition_PlayerVar: Position: 1898 -
    08.09.2018    19:32:43.542    E    Last Errors: Error:  mscorlib: 5
    08.09.2018    19:32:43.543    E    Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

8. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

no don't delete the adminconfig.yaml

About EAH: Did you set it while you where online?
    And do you use the current EAH Version. It looks like you used an old one which does not work with the playerfile anymore.
    Just delete or take your playerfile out of a backup, update EAH and set the role while you are online.

9. TE5LA

TE5LA Lieutenant

It wasn't the server that was corrupted but only my player file. I deleted it and started over in a pod and was finally able to get myself back as admin and faction leader, but I think another player in my faction is messed up. Although it shows him in the faction, his name is not there. In the server list, his name changed to a lot of garbage characters (looked like code). I think this happened trying to edit him before I updated EAH.

So every update of Empryion requires updating EAH? Is EAH officially a part of Empyrion or is it Third Party? If they are together, it would be nice to be able to update the server from EAH.

I'm thinking he is probably going to have to reset his character too and re-apply to faction to clear this up. I guess I could boost his research points and experience from EAH to get him back to where he was.

10. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Not every Game update requires an EAH update. But the last weeks the player file was completely changed. Therefore the old EAH is not able to edit that file when the player gets offline. That explains the crazy name full of signs.
    This change was actually made so that in the future this problem will not happen anymore.

11. Anarchy 2

Anarchy 2 Ensign

Hello, I would like to know more about Events. I see some people on their servers have a PVP event where everyone gets a cv and tries to kill or capture something, I see on the EAH Empyrion Admin Helper there is a page in the options to handle an Event, like starting positions, starting ships, starting guns, ect ect.

So my question is how do I run events on my dedicated server?

12. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

13. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

But its still work in progress.
    Just the basic work so far.

14. Anarchy 2

Anarchy 2 Ensign

15. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

You have to join before.
    But I will check it in a few days. I need to work on it anyhow.

16. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

"For now the Eventmanager just starts/ends and plans the next start of an event. A Player can apply for a event, get warped, get a new inventory if selected (old is saved) and if they leave the event (manually via ev:exit, or when event ends) get their inventory back (if selected) and get warped back."

As Jascha said its very basic atm. U cant do much with it yet

What u see on other servers are own written scripts or mods.
    Its not done over EAH

Many big servers dont make there mods for public.

Either w8 till its fully implented in EAH or write your own mod with the API

17. Anarchy 2

Anarchy 2 Ensign

Thanks for the reply , keep up the good work

18. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

The EAH doesn't have anything to do with this. Please post the question in the Planets & Playfields forum.

https://empyriononline.com/forums/planets-playfields.48/

19. Frekton

Frekton Ensign

Any reason that I can't get my dedicated server to use the diffconstrcrafttime setting. No matter what I do it always reverts to normal even though I've tried faster and instant.

20. Shalidor

Shalidor Ensign

Ok I'm new to this server stuff and am learning as I go. Searching out answers and watching vids. I've got a problem I have not found a solution to. I have my server running on a separate computer. Static IP...router has ports fowarded. My server shows up on the list but I cannot join it. If I type in my ip address and port then it joins fine. Also if I disconnect my gaming computer from my network and connect to the internet through my iPhone's internet then I can connect through the menu. I only cannot connect if my gaming computer is on the same network as my computer running the server. I'd really like to be able to join my own game without having to type in the ip address each time. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks