1. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

I have been looking at your problem description, and from my experience this usually is not due to EAH, but might be EAH using a port that is in conflict, or starting the game with a different config file than you do with standalone. Here is some troubleshooting steps to start eliminating causes:

1. Try to start the game using the dedicated executable and with same config file as EAH is set up to use. Do this from a command prompt (non elevated). If problem occurs you should look into conflicting ports. (se later suggestion for troubleshooting).
    2. If you have fail on step 1, try to start the game again with the dedicated executable and in an elevated command prompt (as admin). If problem disappears, then its more likely a file access problem that occurs in some situations.
    3. Start game with EAH then just close EAH without stopping the game. If problem occurs EAH is not the problem, but something in your configuration. In this case i would try to change the external port range (remember to also change allowed incoming ports in your router as well). If problem is gone after port change, then you problem was most likely a port usage collision.

This is a little powershell script i made to collect data on what process uses ports on my computer. To use it, use Start/Powershell ISE (run as administrator), paste in this script and run it (you can also save it in a textfile and name it with a .ps1 name and then run it:

Code:
    $activeports = Get-NetTCPConnection|where RemotePort -NE 0|select *
    foreach ($port in $activeports)
    {
    $searchprocess = $port.OwningProcess
    $targetprocess = get-process|where Id -EQ $searchprocess

$reply = "Port number " + $port.LocalPort + " is owned by " + $targetprocess.Name
    write-host $reply
    }

2. PopeKael

PopeKael Ensign

Thanks for the reply Jascha.

1a. No mods. The scenario is just a copy of a multiplayer config.
    1b. We have had 4 people online in our discord and in the game. We all drop simultaneously. The server isn't under any heavy load at all.
    1c. You'd need to expand on this as I don't know what you mean by the registry and where to look in the logs.

2a. The game is running on SATA SSD
    2b. CPU runs at around 10-15% The memory pool is around 9gb of 24gb
    2c. I let Windows 10 (Enterprise) sort out the threads

3a. I just started using it to see what I could do. Aside from adding the welcome message and the MOTD, I haven't added anything (yet)
    3b. I can have a look at that when I see a gap on the users online but if they are disabled by default, I didn't turn them on.

I'll certainly send you through some logs when I run the EAH up again for further tests. Alas, it may be a few hours running before we see the disconnects but I'll capture all the logs I can find.

3. PopeKael

PopeKael Ensign

Thanks for the reply Hawkie

I'll take a look at these points and see what turns up. It does give me a starting point for the diagnostics process

4. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks for the answers

The registry is ingame... where you see for example all your ships in the universe. There is currently a bug ingame that causes disconnects during a request to find those data. But with only 4 people... hm I doubt it..

This can be an issue. But again: you only have 4 people, so hm....

But its not by chance the time when EAH sends the MOTD or? Some had issues with MOTD spam etc... or maybe if EAH sends it all tat the same time..... but still its only 4 player. You could see that if EAH shows the MOTD message in chat during such a disconnect.

and what @Hawkie said are good points to check.

Germanicus and Hawkie like this.
  5. Ghostwolf0208

Ghostwolf0208 Ensign

Hi ,

getting an error message when I want to set up the game options on EAH.
    error message.jpg
    can anyone help me ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2022
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Remove DiffEnemySpawnRate from the GameOptions.yaml. This is not a valid option anymore

Germanicus likes this.
  7. DJ Mikey

DJ Mikey Ensign

Hi I run a private server and everything was ok until last update now the log file is trying to find playfield_static.yaml on my root c drive but I have never had one. Is there something I'm missing in the config files? Log file included in post

Attached Files:

8. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    This is for EAH, not for server support. Try the general part of the forum please

Germanicus likes this.
  9. cpspok

cpspok Commander

Anyone ever get this working with Gportal ? would love to get it working once again but cant get it working atm with Gportal servers .

thanks

10. Eglaore

Eglaore Ensign

Hello, I just came back to the game with the 1.8 update and have used EAH with no issues in the past but this time around when i try to look at structures nothing shows up, I just get a blank window. I'm running the reforged eden scenario and everything else is normal.

Thank you

11. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

did you also got the latest EAH version. There should be no issues.

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Eglaore

Eglaore Ensign

I believe so.
    [​IMG]

13. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Maybe you need to recheck /reset all your config. If only the structure list is empty, make sure your are loged in to the game, have the right settings in the config-structure tab, that your game/save game path is set correct in eah and eah gets the right dedicated.yaml
    Also check if your playfields are listed. If not, there might be a completely different issue with your playfield scenario folder. etc.... could be a lot.

Germanicus likes this.
  14. WileCoyote

WileCoyote Ensign

I'm trying to setup EAH on a dedicated server on my machine. I can get it to start my server, but wont connect to and communicate with it. I've found other threads that say to check the API settings here: empyrion - dedicated server\Content\Mods\EPM\config.txt, but the EPM folder and files within don't exist.

Suggestions?

15. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    If you use EAH from our default directory then it will copy the dll automaticly with the correct settings on boot of EAH

To have this working the server has to be OFFLINE

Germanicus likes this.
  16. WileCoyote

WileCoyote Ensign

Thanks for the response. Putting Empyrion back into the main steam folder fixed the issue. Also, I could of interrupted the copy process. When I first start EAH it stops responding (or so I thought) after the first window prompt. I had shut it down before, but let it run this time. It took almost five minutes to come back, and the files were there.

However, now that I'm connected, players do show up in the main window, but none of the feature or logs windows populate... Have I missed a step?

Update: I wiped EAH and the Dedicated server files, downloaded both again and now it's working.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  17. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Yes it takes abit :) Glad you got it working :NewThumbsUp:

Germanicus likes this.
  18. gk258

gk258 Ensign

What's the difference with admin faction and in-game admin faction?

Do I need to create two faction for use a those faction?

Some of my poi structures say no faction admin in eah

19. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The Ingame Admin faction is a NPC Faction for POIS
    This is not ment for Humans, you need to create a own faction

20. gk258

gk258 Ensign

admin faction I understand. The ingame admin faction(in EAH I have to input three characters for a in game faction) do I need to create that faction in game first? or just throw ABC in there and the game will use it even tho it doesnt exist on the server?