1. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Did you read the message on your screenshot? If so you have the answer.

Taelyn already answered you:

Please read the posts and the Docu carefully and try to apply it.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

As the screenshot says us the auto loader in the time table ;)
    Think its simple called 'Load' give it a time like every 5 min or 1 or w.e u want. That should load the players :)

Its lite. Lite mean lite. Not everything works :) dont know exact what does and what doesnt. Mostly what doesnt is stuff that access files since that cant be done over FTP. If u want full rent a dedicated server :) some are already pretty cheap :) Doesnt have to be expensive. Or use one of the two i told u who run full.

Server4you.net already has servers for 29.99 euro per month, has options to put one in the EU or the US. OVH also has good servers. HWS is useing them so far i know. But there more expensive :).

Jascha worked his ass off the get full supported with providers like Nitrado. He tried allot to get them to do it. He wants to get away from lite as much as everyone else wants to use full on hosters like Nitrado. For him its a pain aswell 2 different codes in 2 different programms. And still he does it. He can also say iam done with lite. Its not his fault hosters arnt doing it

Jascha likes this.
  3. cpspok

cpspok Commander

not what i asked i know those 2 sites are there but they both suck what i asked is there any other providers that i can use the full version on by installing it my self ? not who has it installed already

4. cpspok

cpspok Commander

Nitrado is who i use now they don't support the Full version :( now i did just set up a server with GTXgaming ill try with them .

5. cpspok

cpspok Commander

well good news GTXgaming has installed it on there hosting site and is as easy as 1 2 3 , can't mess up with them now its installed and easy to set up literally couple clicks and done.

Jascha likes this.
  6. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I find the EAH helper not helpful at all, its a messy disorganized UI and most of the buttons do nothing at all. The old commandline console view was actually at least giving me status datas. For example if the server crashes on start EAH gives you zero clues as to why. Wasted loads of time on an invalid server setting by just guessing settings.
    Give us an actual logs screen.

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Euhm every button actually works but oke :).

U know there is a log folder what contains that kind of stuff?

8. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Folder? I probably looked in there and found nothing that helped diagnose for example a telnet and server port conflict I once had. The app needs to display the loaded config file path, and have a logs linky button, simple, not everyone has hundreds of open explorer windows.

I'll do a movie of me trying to use the program and show you all the confusing screens. It's a riot akin to the missile strike UI blunder http://uk.businessinsider.com/screen-that-set-off-hawaii-false-missile-alert-2018-1 .
    When I manage to get the MP to work, it works on local lan, but I have a port-forwarding issue at the moment. This all worked a long time ago, but things have gone backwards all around me.

9. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Had a look in the logs folder... is there a way to turn up the logging level, its so brief, there is no detail worth writing home about in there at all.

I managed to get a halflife server port-forwarded and showing up in the server browser.
    But the EGS server is still only talking onto the local LAN, why?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

There are in EAH some options to get more log's

11. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I'm not finding these settings you speak of, not sure they would help anymore though, I've been debugging for most of the day already.

12. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

13. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  14. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

EAH Tool config > Bug Fixes

15. cpspok

cpspok Commander

I actually won't run my server with out the program i infact pleeded with GTXgaming to install it and which they did so i infact love this add on.

16. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Thanks, those made a huge difference to logging volume :) For someone who uses the app the first time, the settings are in the wrong place, these are supposed to be in the debugging tab, they are not "fixes" or feature toggles, experimental bug fixes and regression/backward compatibility toggles go there.
    May want to look at "workflowing" the tool for the next major version. However, yes so far it's much better than the old console, and does seem to just "work".

Jascha likes this.
  17. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks for the hint. I will change it

zaphodikus likes this.
  18. cpspok

cpspok Commander

ok new issue now im getting this in the warning tab at bottom of tool SyncClienthandlerClientcouldnotlogin strange had it working but made some adjustments , funny thing is on the setup screen it will not let me type in the dedicated.yaml directory slot strange

19. cpspok

cpspok Commander

ok now im logged in but it cant find the dedicated.yaml but it wont even let me type in that box in configure section how come to put it in there.

zaphodikus likes this.
  20. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

You are using a slave tool right?
    In the normal Config ("Config"-"Tool") you cant enter any master-data. You have to do that over "Master/Slave"-"Config"