1. Anubis_Jod

Anubis_Jod Ensign

Hello,
    I have a question: how can I Install a Mod Map (Voodoo) on my Dedicated Server??? I can´t find somthing about it. The normal Map is to small for us.

2. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

My friends and I have a dedicated server we have been using that we made ourselves. But every time the IP changes, nobody can connect to it outside of the LAN the server is on. What causes this, and how can this be resolved by us?

3. GristleSr

GristleSr Ensign

These descriptions need more detail. For example, the Token ID: While this value is accessed via the Discord API web site (https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me) the actual value is retrieved after you have selected My Apps and created a new App (bot). The value that you need to use is the Apps Client ID.

Your new bot will need to be authorized to connect to your Discord server (https://discordapp.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=<YOURBOTSIDHERE>&permissions=0&scope=bot) and have an appropriate role assigned to work on your Discord servers non-public channels.

To find your Discord servers Channel ID's you will need to change your Discord clients settings (Your Settings -> Appearance -> Developer Mode). After this you can right click channels in you Discord server to obtain their ID. After all this you should be able to get all the info need to fill out the fields in Jascha's description.

Jascha likes this.
  4. GristleSr

GristleSr Ensign

"Every Time" - How many times has this happened? If more than once, how did you fix it the first time?

A possible solution would be for you to sign up for a dynamic DNS service.

5. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

"Every Time" is just that. We have been through 4 different servers. How many times total? I dunno. Every time. There has been no variation. It's been fixed by making a new server.

Now that it has been observed that this is the source, we have gone with a vlan called Tunngle. We have not had issues connecting when the WAN changes.

I'm still curious as to why one cannot connect when not using something like that.

6. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks a lot. I don't know discord myself so glad you could help out here

7. GristleSr

GristleSr Ensign

Discord integration is still not quite right. I'm able to get chat messages from the SERVER to go to Discord (enter something in the chat field of EAH), but not able to get normal Global or Faction chat to go to Discord.

Discord messages are going to EGS just fine.

8. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Do you use a slave tool? Did you activate discord on the slave or master? If slave then this would be the reason, it has to be activated on the master. The behavior you mentioned sound like that.

9. GristleSr

GristleSr Ensign

No slave, single server. I've checked permissions in Discord thrice, and restarted tool at least that many times.

Is there any logging that I can look at to help troubleshoot?

10. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Sadly no. I included more in the next build but they might not help. The tool I use for discord does not give me more infos.
    As far as I saw it was one of the best tools. Might have to check if there are better ones.

Ephoie likes this.
  11. GristleSr

GristleSr Ensign

Somehow Discord integration is completely working now. No known changes other than configuring automatic restart/backup job.

Jascha likes this.
  12. talion3990

talion3990 Ensign

Hi all,

New here so if this isn't the right place to post this, then let me know.

I'm trucking through my first single player game and just got the multiturret for my HV but it won't work on any of the POI's or anything other than what I own. I spawned the same blueprint into a creative game and it worked just fine. I checked the game settings for starting a new game and there aren't any that appear to affect whether or not you can modify public blocks. And there's no message that pops up like when I use my handheld multitool telling me I can't change public blocks with it, so I'm very confused. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

13. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

sorry this is the wrong forum :). This is just about the EAH Tool, not the game.

Check this forum instead: https://empyriononline.com/forums/general-discussion.8/

14. Skrillex

Skrillex Ensign

Hello Jasha , so i just bought a server in nitrato.net , and i am trying to use your tool
    So my question is
    How do i connect to my server with this tool ?

https://imgur.com/NFZa9cQ

I did this , what i am doing wrong ? Can someone give me the steps of the config ?

Ephoie likes this.
  15. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

sadly for Nitrado you can only use the lite Version not the full.
    Here you see some hints how to set up the lite version with Nitrado:
    https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/nitrado-server-setup/4488/37?u=jascha

16. cpspok

cpspok Commander

im trying and have been for month now to get connected using GTXgaming which supports EAH , the error i get now after installing the telnet info they provided is this synclienthandler could not log in

17. cpspok

cpspok Commander

i get the sam dam message with Nitrado omg im ripping my hair out here

18. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey I don't get that.
    If GTX Gaming uses the Full Version and Nitrado uses the Lite Version, you can't get the same message with both. Alos GTX Gaming does not use any telnet.
    If you get the synchandler message from GTX check the Sync Password on the master and the client or ask GTX.

19. cpspok

cpspok Commander

Jascha ,

I finally got it , from GTX told me was when i redid my server i was suppose to contact there support to have them reset the info or something for EAH . I guess every time you redo your server with them you have to have them reset something or what ever . Either way it does work now , for Nitrado like i said i had that working ages ago then boom . So ill stick with GTX as it works now .

thanks

Jascha likes this.
  20. cpspok

cpspok Commander

ok one question i have i remember in past we could add chat bot commands like i could make custom ones but i do not see how or where to do it , when i open chatbot in the tool which is connected to server it does not give me a line to type in .