Do I have to enable Base Attack

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Kluuvien, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Kluuvien

Kluuvien Ensign

I play on a personal server with 4-6 other people, we have a base built on a desert starter planet and are very hostile to the Zirax.
    However, we have not had any naturaly occuring base attacks, only ones that I have spawned with the BA console command
    Is there something I need to do to enable this or a setting I can change to increase the frequency?
    Thank you

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

If the base is set to Public it won't be treated as a player base and won't be attacked. Needs to be set to Private.
    Also, in the base's P-menu, go to statistics and see the base attack probability %.
    Though if it's not enabled in the game/server settings, you won't get base attacks anyway.

3. Kluuvien

Kluuvien Ensign

its set to a player owned faction, has a 37-40% chance, but the difficulty is 0, so I assume thats the issue.
    Can I enable it for an active game or only if I start a new one? and if so where do I find the setting

4. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

When you are loading a save there is a button for difficulty. That's all the things you can set before starting a game and will take effect midgame too.

5. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal Commander

I had something weird happen, I switched my base from public to private, to public to private a few times, just to see what my percentages were, and it did a base check, when I went back private (7.9% chance, btw), and it FAILED, said so in the console, it was looking for something that it couldn't find. (It may have been that I switched the default base attack scenario, but I'm not sure, I copied it back, just in case). Then I logged back in, did a ba checked in game and nothing happened, then I did help ba check and there's an immediate attack so I tried that, and holy crap, my turrets lit up right away. I'm confused atm.