Help needed Does Mass Affect Max Speed?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by BrainWorms, Oct 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. BrainWorms

BrainWorms Ensign

As in the title, does mass affect max speed? How so?

I mean the top speed no matter how much force you have. I ask because I'm using an SV as a tug to haul a mining vehicle around, particularly through space. However, when my mining HV is loaded up, I noticed I seem to top out at a lower speed. So I put additional thrusters on my SV, naturally, but I noticed that I can't go any faster.

Is it not possible to go full speed with heavy cargo (or ships for that matter)?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes it affects your max speed but you can overcome this with more thrust.
    You probably need to add a lot more thrusters than you think.

BrainWorms likes this.
  3. BrainWorms

BrainWorms Ensign

Maybe, but it's odd that they would make literally zero difference, unless toggling of thrusters is broken and doesn't do anything or I messed something up.

I added several medium thrusters, then set them up so I can turn them on and off when I need them with the shortcuts in the control panel. It doesn't matter whether they are on or off, so that's why I'm confused. I had zero difference when I toggled them on.

All that being said, you're saying I should in theory still be able to hit the cap (130 m/s in space or something like that) given enough thrusters, no matter the mass, correct?

I'll have to mess around a bit and see if I messed something up, or if the game is just being wonky.

UPDATE

Okay, so I think I figured it out.

The thrusters actually are making a difference, and I do in fact just need more thrust.

However, toggling thrusters in the control panel does not seem to be functional.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022