Dual Universe

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by =TCR= Big_Red, Jul 20, 2016.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Dual Universe is another voxel based space game coming.

Bigfeet, Frigidman and Flermpick like this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I saw that vid and was like ... hmm... EGS is gonna do that soon enough I'm sure! :D

3. =TCR= Big_Red

Mother ship is 8km long OMG...

4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yeah that station in orbit is FIGGENEUUGE.

5. Kalonji

Kalonji Lieutenant

Also that method of shaping the blocks freedomly is mind busting. You even can scale the blocks infinitely. Thats cool stuff

Edit: man, I just realized they want to make a single server , consistent world. Thais next Level multiplayer game for all the players. Just like Elite dangerous

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. =TCR= Big_Red

Another space game im looking forward too. Variety is good for the soul.

Frigidman likes this.
  7. =TCR= Big_Red

Did anyone also notice there was no core put down to build on the ground?

Frigidman likes this.
  8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Just start editing (I'm assuming you will need a resource to do such). Which is kind of sweet... actually build your base INTO the ground, I mean, like, into it, part of it, shape it and add components that do stuff.

Onething that tickled my fancy, was the ability to use big and small 'block's on any ship to make fine detail, or just fill in an area quick.

9. =TCR= Big_Red

Maybe winter here in the far north will be alittle bit warmer :cool:

10. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

How is EGS ever gonna compete with that ... ?

11. =TCR= Big_Red

Dual Universe has a large studio and almost limit less budget. If EGS can get out of the gate first maybe it will have a chance against all the NEW space Sims coming.

12. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

It's multiplayer only, and only on the remote server? Blegh. Can't even mod games like that. In my book it cannot compete with EGS. ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    stimdealer0001 likes this.
  13. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

What's the BFD? I watched the whole clip and saw nothing that impressed. Big station? Who cares? What can you do on it? Besides, it's an MMO. There hasn't been a decent MMO since the 90's. Have fun with that endless balancing, nerfing, and treadmill patching to keep you engaged.

The only game EGS should worry about is Planet Nomads

Blimy likes this.
  14. =TCR= Big_Red

Well you know the pie is only so big.

Techmonkey likes this.
  15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Dual Unicrap is user pays system like EVE where you pay a subscription EVERY MONTH and the game ends up costing you hundreds of dollars over a 2 year period, WHAT A JOKE.

They failed ,the game looks good but the business model they have chosen, meh jam it right up there quoit.

I aint touching that shizcofsky.

What a shame they think they can rip people of blatantly like that, very sad, oh well bye bye dual wallet game.

I agree with sachsquatch.

JinM likes this.
  16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Hmm... I re-read what you wrote, and I'm feeling like you are not interested in the game... cant put my finger on it. If I'm way off, let me know.

;)

17. =TCR= Big_Red

Hes some how afraid that looking at the video and enjoying it in graphic functional way may cost people something. To just look an enjoy what is being done out in the world of Space games.

Frigidman likes this.
  18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Totally interested in it, have an account etc, but the game isnt going to really compete with this game , Im just dissapointed in the business model there using, MMOs when there new online are a balancing mash up and pay to win features totally ruin any chance of proper balance in a game, HOWEVER , Ive done alot of reading into Dual wallet and it turns out they at least do not have special modules like in EVE where you can buy them and have an unbeatable ship basically so thats really good news on that front.

Theres talk over on there forums about the subscription costs, fanboys are arguing around 15 $ a month, other 10 a month, people like me 5 $ a month so we will just have to wait and see where it ends up.

The game itself looks great, basically a much more detailed version of an EVE type game where the ships can now have millions more different shapes. Very clever system they have employed with the voxel map.
    Not sure why they called it Dual Wallet as theres only actually ONE wallet that everything exists in, so maybe theres secret plans to start a second server you can warp to, dunno but weird !

I still see myself playing Empyrion alot more and Empyrion has home servers, and home servers that have some really awesome multiplayer rules and still being developed.
    Empyrion also has the potential to become an MMO because of its backend filing system, it will be interesting to see these games 5 years from now.

19. Cavadus

Cavadus Commander

Are you really shitting on a MMO for using the ancient but much loved and now seldom used subscription model?

Wow.

Don't play MMOs, do ya?

20. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

Unless the EGS development team have some impressive netcode wizardry up their sleeves or an overhaul for how MP functions, I really don't see this happening. Even on powerful servers the game has a lot of desync and rubberbanding issues.

Another thing to keep in mind when comparing EGS to other projects - Eleon development team is absolutely small compared to most of their competitors and they have less resources at their disposal. While it's true more personal + more money doesn't always = better project, it does lend flexibility and potential.

Keen (Space Engineers) - 30+ team and a lot more funding
    Craneballs (Planet Nomads) - 20+ team, sustained funding through their mobile IPs
    Novaquark (Dual Universe) - 25+ team, more funding

Still, it's quite impressive what Eleon have managed to accomplish with such a small team (5 people, IIRC).

Kasero likes this.