EGS Quick and Dirty Guide

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Huntn, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

Thank you. Could you clarify this for me so I can add it to the description? How w0uld you add that in? :):)

2. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    dichebach, rainyday, TK85 and 2 others like this.
  3. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

I will be adding this shortly to the Guide found in Post 1.

Table of Contents
    • Updates
    • Links
    • Tutorials Scattered through this guide
    • Tutorials
    • Misc Tips
    • Flying
    • Building
    • Misc Building Tips
    • Personal Gear
    • Weapons
    • Creative Mode Controls
    • Controls/Key Bindings
    • Vehicle Specific Hotkeys/Combos
    • F Keys
    • Consol Commands

Tutorials Scattered through this thread
    • Agrent Spire (Prefab 5)Dissection Project Page 1, Post 2
    • Argent Spire Dissection Project Pt 2 Jagged Column, Page 1, Post 3
    • Two Directional Block Rotation, Page 1 Post 4
    • Argent Spire Dissection Project Pt 3 Double Arch, Page 1 Post 9
    • Build a Basic Ship, Page 1, Post 12
    • Basic Copy and Paste, Page 2, Post 22.

dichebach and Myrmidon like this.
  4. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

On the HUD left down corner there is an O2 symbol, right of the helmet.
    If the block (BA/CV) your character is standing in have Oxygen, that symbol will be on/lit.
    This can sometimes be used as an easy way to check if parts of a room or area is airtight.
    Also know that can take off the helmet if want to. But not needed since the helmet uses outside air before the suit tank.

For a small block (HV/SV) it is the "airblock" at helmet/head position that can trigger it. Normally this is block height/level 3 from a surface/floor. Might use this when building a vessel with compartment to just have that level or a section of blocks airtight, where the floor and level 1 and 2 are not airtight.
    As long as there is an unbroken "chain" of airtight blocks, then areas can receive air from a ventilator. (Not sure if there are a max distance).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    dichebach and Huntn like this.
  5. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Huntn
    Excellent work! Your tutorials are well written and they're very well presented.

TK85 and Huntn like this.
  6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Huntn
    If you want to include the following tip in your guide I'll be happy to delete it to reduce clutter. Feel free to rephrase it or ignore it if it doesn't meet a need here.
    Turn off SI (Structural Integrity) in the console before salvaging any wrecks planetside. They have a tendency to disintegrate unexpectedly if you don't.
    You can turn SI back on after you finish salvaging. It's not a cheat because SI still has some bad habits. Removing one innocent looking block will often cause a whole wreck to disintegrate.

Huntn likes this.
  7. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

I've added your blurb to post 1. Thank you much! :)

StyxAnnihilator likes this.
  8. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

I'm in the process of adding this to post 1 in a new section called Salvaging Bases/Ships. Thank you! :)

binhthuy71 likes this.
  9. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

Achernar 5 Dissection

Part 1
    Archenar 5: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1205210628&searchtext=achernar

[​IMG]

Note: For the center circle illustration, many of the opposite, inverted blocks are colored grey. So for example, there ae slope blocks opposite of each other, some are blue and some are grey. The different colors shows how they fit together. The Ramp Tops are yellow, but all of the smaller Ramp Bottoms are grey.

Part 2

[​IMG]
    Clarification: It was less work to mark and color the ships blocks instead of building a second display structure.

Part 3
    This is the block coloring and marking that I used:

[​IMG]

Part 4

[​IMG]
    When I was still motivated to build this is an example of how these blocks fit together:

[​IMG]
    These blocks are (top to bottom) Long Corner A, Long Corner D (dark grey), Long Corner B, and Slope blocks. What's missing is Long Corner C, which fits in on top of the Long Corner D.

10. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

Added this blurb to post 1 in the Salvage Section:

* How to Find Devices in a Base or Ship- When in a large vessel where devices are hidden, you can find them easily by opening the ship/base control Panel (P), select the Device Tab, click on the device in the list that needs to be found. On the right side of the page, click on the “Show on Hud” button, turning it green. This will pop up a label which you can see and easily navigate to, especially if God Mode is available (creative mode, or solo/server with Admin abilities.) Thanks Te5la!

dichebach and binhthuy71 like this.
  11. Huntn

Huntn Lieutenant

Added to the guide in Post 1
    * How to Setup a Switch Door Combo

- Install the switch on the wall using a Sensors and Signals Block. Place the door(s) if not already done so.

- Look at it and press P. This switch will be highlighted under the Devices Tab. Create a new group. I’m creating a control for my Flight Deck Shutters so I named it “Flight Deck Shutters.

- Add the Switch and the shutter door(s) to the group.

- Once they are in the group, click on the switch, and name it if you desire in the name box.

- While still looking at the Switch, select the Signal Logic Tab. In the Tx Signal Box, create a name for this circuit. I named it “FDS Door Control” (Flight Deck Shutter Door Control). Under On/Off I selected “FDS Door Control” and next to that, selected “Follow” and clicked on Add Circuit button. Before you leave the Device tab, make sure that the switch is Active. On the right side of this page is an Active slider.

- Under Devices, select the Shutter Door(s) in this group and name each of them (optional) I used names like FD Shutter 1, 2, etc.

-Then under Signal Logic Tab, under the Open/Close window, I selected the Circuit “FDS Door Control”. Under Select Circuit, I selected “Inverter” and then clicked on the Add Circuit button. I had multiple shutter doors so I did this for all of the shutter doors.

- That should be it. When you close the Control Panel, the switch should have a red light. When you toggle it hitting “F”, it will turn green and your doors should either open or close.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    dichebach and binhthuy71 like this.