Elite Dangerous

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Slate, Apr 30, 2015.

1. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

ED looks wicked, but $60? That's almost half my freaking rent. lol

2. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

if you have an Xbox One, you can get Elite Dangerous for $30.99! Thats what i did to get the game. :)

zoldos likes this.
  3. RobDog

RobDog Commander

Got it in beta, played about 20 hours..lost interest quick. Not my thing as a a stand alone game. But add those features to EGS and it would rock

4. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

I have a PS3. :(

5. BlueImperial

BlueImperial Lieutenant

10% of the game sitting in a hanger
    75% of the game going from point A to B (Grinding)
    15% of the game doing space combat

P.S: I joined at the start of beta, once it released it got really boring....

6. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

Yeah I kinda got that feeling. I think I'll stick to Star Citizen. :)

7. BlueImperial

BlueImperial Lieutenant

Same... i've already spent too much money on that game o_O

8. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

SC is wicked. A person I met on their forums gifted me a ship and full beta access. Can't wait for the persistent universe and more updates!

9. BlueImperial

BlueImperial Lieutenant

The community is lovely there once you get past the people who post alot of "Complain posts" rather than a valid suggestion post.
    I cannot wait either ^_^ i've been around for ages (Pre-arena commander)... the wait is real :p

10. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

Oh nice! AC is awesome. I'm not that good at it yet, but I'm pretty sure I was competing against other players, not NPCs! lol

11. RavenX

RavenX Lieutenant

I was thinking of picking up either Elite Dangerous or Wasteland 2 today. After reading this thread now I'm leaning more towards Wasteland 2 to hold me over until Fallout 4 drops.

12. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

My g/f is really looking forward to Fallout 4. I never got into Fallout 3, but she played the heck out of it. :)

13. RavenX

RavenX Lieutenant

Been with the Fallout series since it's Black Isle days. Bought the first one seeing it on the shelf at EB back in the day, bought it, and every Fallout game since. Great series, great universe, even the new ones Bethesda did a great job with though I do miss my old 3/4 overhead perspective. Love them all. Right up there with Baldur's Gate and the OG X-Com in gaming history.

zoldos likes this.
  14. RavenX

RavenX Lieutenant

Is there faction PvP in Elite Dangerous?

15. Peter

Peter Commander

As long as I can still play in single mode to avoid EVE players (I'm an ex-EVE player), and obviously other people I want to, nothing personal but in EVE most players learn to become territorial and aggressive, I have been, and even in EVE just an industrial, trading, creating, and PVE player, PVP has never really appealed to me (I understand why it appeals to others), but its an empty cart for me,

16. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

I tried Elite Dangerous and got my money back. The ship was very hard to control, and there was not a lot of active content it seems, etc. I'll stick to EVE and Star Citizen (if it ever gets released lol). :)

17. RobDog

RobDog Commander

I've been playing Evochron Renegades for a long time now and it [to me] has better game play than Elite D. , the visualsame are not as advanced, but I prefer game play to be better.

18. zoldos

zoldos Lieutenant

I looked at Evochron Mercenaries on Steam. Seems cool, but my hands are now full with EVE On-line, the ONE and only MMO I keep coming back to. :)

19. Peter

Peter Commander

I spent almost 3 years playing, I was very successful (ISK wise), I played in hi, low, WH, and null, but my problem was never being able to freely move about without being undercover (cloaked), in anything other then hi-sec, every nook and corner was infested with knuckleheads looking for something to put up on their killboards.

Then came the infestation of the griefers, every type just sitting everywhere in in hi-sec, war dec's, miner bumping, just stupidity everywhere.

My first year it was fun, I met people, real people who were helpful and made contacts and multi play with others, but after then the demographic of players change as more players came in it seemed to get nasty, everywhere you would go cursing, fighting in the forums, getting told off for having a difference of opinion or view, all it was, was GTFO, or HTFU, and unfortunately the devs encourage this aggressive behavior of HTFU and from then on things went downhill for me, I could never find a straight player, one who wasn't out to burn you or get in your Corp to steal and kill, no cooperative just a bunch of cut throats.

In the end all this and not being able to be anything other then thuggish towards each other turned me off from the community then the game, so in the end I only look to find games that are single mode, hell even ED seen the problem of griefers and took action by adding modes of play.

One of the worst times I had was when I joined a null Corp only to hear upper members cussing at newbies which turned me off (I never got yelled at), I mean who the hell wants to escape into a game only to be cussed at and made to feel stupid, this is what happened to a few people so I quit the Corp and went solo, eventually the hatred towards pve'ers and industrialists killed my love for the game.

20. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I played that to death on my Commodore back in the 80's. I got the free trial for Xbone and was bored within 5 minutes. Baleeted.