Error in Solar System Generator when trying to export scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Soyaro, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

Heyho,

hopefully someone can help me with this. I was going to start a new game with some friends in less than 12 hours and can't generate the scenario I wanted to play with them. Tell me if you do need anything beside the actuall error.

[​IMG]

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's probably an error in your random solar system config, but there could also be an error on any of the playfields as well.

Are you using either custom playfields or custom planet/moon/sector POI entries in your random config? Or are all of your playfields default?

We'll probably need your solarsystemconfig.yaml. You can upload it here (you'll need to make a copy and rename it into a .txt file to upload it).

3. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

I tried to modify the playfields but even without modifications in them the error occurs.
    Modifications whould have beed the radiated fog which I removed from TemperateStarter and added to TeperateSwampStarter. I "undid" those changes by deleting the files and letting steam check the game for errors; like I said, error occurs anyway.
    I tried multiple seeds for this too, no difference. I'm pretty sure I did just modify the objects amounts...

Attached Files:

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I get the same error. It's something with your config. I'll take a look.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I made a new config though with the same number of planets and that seemed to work fine. Were you using the SSG to create the config or were you manually editing the file? The formatting of your file was a bit different than the standard config file.

What changes did you make? Just adding more planets and changing the default playfield levels?

Try this one, and edit the options at the start and the playfield levels as you see fit, just make sure to keep the formatting the same. It should work for you. YAML files are very picky and having a single extra space or a rogue capital letter can mess the whole thing up. Try making a few changes, then testing them before making more. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Needleship and Soyaro like this.
  6. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

Was able to create that scenario now. Thanks for your help :)

ravien_ff likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yay! :D

8. Monroe

Monroe Commander

Is there an SSG separate forum like 'Scenarios' or another good thread like this one for SSG troubleshooting specifically? I've been having problems lately.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Either this forum section or the ssg-qa channel on the official discord.

Needleship and Taelyn like this.
  10. Monroe

Monroe Commander

Oh ****. I forgot about Discord. But not about Dre.