TEASER Experience a Darker Empyrion in The Dark Faction DLC!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Taelyn, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The first planet falls on February 6!

Hello Galactic Survivalists!

Today, we’re absolutely thrilled to announce that Dark Faction, our most ambitious project yet, arrives on February 6!

This DLC is priced at $9.99 / €9.99 and therefore, it contains a brand-new experience and a whole lot of content.

In this first ever DLC for the game, you will discover a terrifying threat to the entire galaxy: an almost indestructible organism driven to spread and take over any life it touches. Plunge into an intense survival story from the moment you enter the world.

1.jpg

We developed this scenario with both new and veteran players in mind. The new player experience provides an easy way to learn the basics of the game while setting up the new story. If you want to experience the new content on an existing character but without the story, you can do that too.

New Features

A New Story (requires new character):
    Wake up on a derelict ship and discover what has befallen the crew. Uncover the secrets of the Dark Faction and how to stop its spread across the galaxy.

Dark Faction Planets:
    Explore a new and deadly environment that’s spreading across the galaxy.

Dark Faction Building Blocks:
    Expand your creativity with a new set of organic building blocks.

New Devices:
    Craft new powerful devices such as the Translocator, Phase Shield, and Corrupted Shield.

2.jpg

Updated Melee Combat:
    We’ve updated melee combat, which plays a large role from the beginning of the scenario.

We’ve Partnered with Funcom!

In addition, we’re delighted to announce that we’ve partnered with Funcom for marketing duties on our future projects. That goes for Dark Faction... and beyond.

Funcom’s previous publishing record includes Shiro Games’ Dune: Spice Wars and The Outsiders’ multi-award winning Metal: Hellsinger. They are also the developers of the open world survival game Conan Exiles.

With Funcom taking care of marketing, we’re free to focus entirely on development, and as you will see with Dark Faction, this has given us the opportunity to raise the bar for both the quality and quantity of our content.

3.jpg

A New Chapter for Empyrion

We want to thank you all so much for your support. Being able to release a DLC of this size and scope is a big milestone that we couldn’t have achieved without your support over the years. We look forward to entering this new chapter for Empyrion with all of you.

The Dark Faction begins to spread on February 6.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  2. spanj

spanj Captain

*clears schedule for the next few days
    *clears entire week from 6th of feb!

I'm ready chaps! lets freaking go!!!

A Mueller, Ente, GoldDragon and 6 others like this.
  3. Groza

Groza Commander

looks intriguing
    we are waiting

4. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Way to go! I'm so excited. Empyrion has been an amazing game and I have put in about 2500 hours into it. I would be honored to buy the first DLC and I just want to say straight away Thank you for not turning it into a tiny micro transaction but actually adding meat and potatoes' to it.

Empyrion is going be 8 year old since Early Access this year.

Also Funcom is literally made my favorite game of all time Anarchy Online. I hope they work out well as a Publisher.

I hope this work out well for both the players and Eleon!

Foofaspoon, Germanicus and Escarli like this.
  5. AlterDraconis

AlterDraconis Lieutenant

[​IMG] Good news.

6. ChiefSgtBradley

ChiefSgtBradley Ensign

I will buy it and i am looking forward to it. The new partner for marketing gives you guys more time to do bugfixing, optimization and implement more creatures and aliens!!! :D

7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Good news.

It does not look like you can pre-order it, but I have added it to my wishlist.

Germanicus and AlterDraconis like this.
  8. tigrean

tigrean Ensign

Ok I need my shotgun rocket launcher sniper rifle and a whorl lot of healing items I’m going in. If I’m not back in two hours just wait longer, lol. Looking forward to this and ready to strap into the pilot seat.

A Mueller and Escarli like this.
  9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Interesting. I did not see that coming... I need to know more details to decide how I feel about it!

In the meanwhile :

[​IMG]

10. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

I also did not see that coming...

edit: I cant say I'm excited about that.

11. Ente

Ente Commander

Very good news! Exciting times ahead.

12. Liang

Liang Captain

The second Funcom got involved was the second I dropped out. I will not do a thing that will send them even a penny. One of the worst gaming companies in history.

13. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

SacredGlade, Slam Jones and Myrmidon like this.
  14. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Show me 10 Examples of third party games they published and did something bad? Remember can't be their games only the published titles of other games as that is the 100% context here...

15. Liang

Liang Captain

You are the one that needs to prove the ridiculous claim. Acting as if Funcom does not have 20 years worth of horrible reputation in the gaming industry and acting as if their latest ventures are not fleecing gamers, as if Conan Exiles did not remove Beta content and place it into the games first run of DLCs including holding mounts until its first expansion is...a joke.

This games Reddit and Steam forums are filled with this topic for a reason and no one is going to suddenly go "Oh yeah you convinced me that everything I knew about Funcom was wrong"...this was the worst possible choice for Eleon and a paid DLC before this game is actually finished is bad form that is going to lose customers.

Insopor likes this.
  16. hutchynet.sv73

hutchynet.sv73 Lieutenant

Wow, this is awesome. I look forward to adding this scenario and jumping into it.

Will Dark Faction and their planet's become part of the Empyrion Galaxy? Funcom I knew from their first Age of Conan game way, way back and Conan Exile has done so well.

This is positive news for sure partnering up with Funcom is a good move for the future of Empyrion Galactic Survival. This is so awesome well done.:CatHeartEyes:

17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

18. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

So I haven't played since before the game was changed to have the different side-quests or whatever they are on the starting world. Is that original story where you start out, find the ship crew, the Zerax folks and the infested ship still in the game, or has that all changed and is now what this is?

19. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

Wow...
    Players vs "Dark Faction"...

[​IMG]

20. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

I believe the phrase should read "Show me 1 example..."

If you ask for 10 it's a tad worrisome, as if perhaps 9 exist that I should not be concerned about? LOL

stanley bourdon and Germanicus like this.