Explosions and Fuel Tank Placement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImpalorVlad, Aug 13, 2020.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

"Final Release" would be the release version suitable to package in fancy packaging and place on the shelves in retail outlets - something where the SP story is complete, all of the core features are complete and as bug-free as any software can get. Many games enjoy long, healthy lives of feature and content updates after their "final release", and I would except Empyrion to be little different.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Captain

I have seen a few of their videos that they put out about what they are doing, with regards to alpha 19. I really like the way they communicate with their players with regards to what they are working on. Same with Minecraft. I did hear that they are going to work on something new but I thought that they were going to also carry on with 7D2D. I may have misheard the video

3. PickleJar

PickleJar Lieutenant

OK, that's a fair - although slightly tangential - point. I say "final" only because they recently made that announcement regarding not being in early access anymore, some kind of release but not really a full final release, blah blah.

In my eyes "final" release doesn't mean they stop providing content or updates. Rather, the core mechanics of the game are considered "done". We don't have almost-T-posing NPC's in trade hubs, multiplayer bugs are down to a handful of things that don't directly impact gameplay for most people, etc.

Basically...anything you'd be willing to bring home to mom. Plenty of room for growth and improvement, but not shitting on the carpet.

Right now there are still times when Empyrion shits on the carpet. And I hesitate to call that "release" worthy.

4. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Sometimes it rolls around it in too. My current "favorite" frustration: Playing "Where'd my SV fall out this time?" when my SV becomes detached from my CV while cruising around a planet, and I find it, inevitably, at the location I first entered the planet from space. It is 100% maddening, and responsible for my littering countless worlds with abandoned SV's because I've jumped 3 or 4 systems away and just don't want to have to go back again.

5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

So the
    BlastRadius si not really configurable???? - assume the BlastDamage is configurable. Any reason this "multiplayer features" priority will get this looked at or at least give us fewer frustrations when editing things?