Faction Expansion

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by RealKraken, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Do you play Empyrion with an itch to explore, or to dominate as an OP being?

1. Conquer

2. Explore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RealKraken

RealKraken Ensign

The prerequisites are in place for this faction mechanic to go from good, to GREAT! It just needs that one little smidge. There’s rarely any time that my friends and I get out of any battle with a turret/ship unscathed, which is why I want to suggest the AI mechanic!

AI that can be controlled by a commanding officer of a player faction, (or if you’re in single player, yourself) and can be commanded to target enemy faction blocks/ships. The idea is supposed to serve as an extra layer of protection between yourself and the enemy, and make galactic conquering that much more fun and explorative!

How does it work?
    You gain enough galactic credits to purchase a piece of paper called a “Commanders pass” that’ll hire one person and bind them to the core the player is inside when interacted! The AI could be put as a member in your faction until he/she dies, too. The AI is also put in the core’s control panel so you may bind the AI to a part of the base, including a pilot chair, and can be used to control ships.

Controlling AI is achieved late game, because even though you can purchase the commanders pass, you’d already need a huge load of materials to make the ships itself. This mechanic becomes much more important as exploring and charting the universe becomes more accessible and dangerous as you go forward from late game, and it’s a huge hassle to travel between star systems with your current ships. This mechanic is used to ease the battle between lots of aimbotting turrets, and it expands the competitive field in an all-competitive universe. It also hopes to hold back the empty feeling you get when charting for POI’s and exploring the really exotic planets, when you already have a huge maxed capital vessel with the best armor. This mechanic also expands with the scenarios, making its potential exponential.

Thank you for reading my idea :)
    I’ve been thinking about posting it for a long while, because the more I play Empyrion, the more I want this addition to happen Feel free to add on or take away any ideas, it’s not perfect and probably won’t optimize other things I haven’t listed on here, but I think the pros greatly outweigh the cons. Thanks again!

2. RealKraken

RealKraken Ensign

Ah, whoops.. I put this in the FAQ section... I’m not sure how to move it without creating a whole other post to put in “suggestions”