[Feature request] Please improve on Logic

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Uthael, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Uthael

Uthael Ensign

Anything that can be done by a machine, without user input, should be possible. Especially if it doesn't require detection of a foreign object's state.

I've been unable to do some things in my builds only because Logic is so limited. ... Or my brain is limited in creativity. Here's one example I was struggling with. Help me out.

Furnace power saving:
    - I want to interact with a switch or a button on a wall to turn the Furnace on.
    - The Furnace then works for 3min and shuts down.
    - If the furnace is already working when I press the button, it keeps working for 3 more minutes.
    - If it's a switch, it flips itself off after that. If it's a button, there's also an "off" button next to it.

After playing some other building games (most notably From the Depths and modded Java Minecraft), I've come to rely on automation so much that I feel crippled when I can't automate a chore.

2. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

You could install a sensor to create a signal and tie the furnace active state to the sensor making it dependent on you being in the room or within range. Furnace would then only be "on" when you are in the building or within range of the sensor.

3. me777

me777 Commander

could be done with the mod empyrion scripting, also lots of other automation (item sorting, refueling).
    it can not control the factory directly, but it can switch a switch off.