Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by JuStX2, Feb 27, 2019.

?

Given the Choice How intense would you like Base Attacks to be in your "primary" save/server?

1. High - 20+ Drones, 30+ Troops, 5+ Troop Transports + Reinforcements

47.1%
  2. Medium - 5 - 10 Drones, 10 - 15 Troops, 1 - 2 Troop Transports + Possible reinforcements

44.1%
  3. Low - 1 - 2 Drones, 3 - 5 Troops, 0 - 1 Troop Transports, No reinforcements.

2.9%
  4. None - 0 Drones, 0 Troops, 0 Troop Transports, 0 Reinforcements, 0 Attacks on my base.

5.9%
  1. Softwalker001

Softwalker001 Commander

This person is describing a game I have ZERO interest in playing. If I want that there are literally thousands of titles out there.

NPC coming by every few minutes to destroy my stuff is NOT my definition of FUN.
    What he describes to me is a game where the main priority in your play is AMMO FARMING.

Not Exploration/Building which are why I play Empyrion. The whole "Survival" thing to me is a nice side track to those.

When these features ARE implemented PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY MAKE THEM OPTIONS THAT CAN BE TURNED OFF.

Sephrajin likes this.
  2. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

They should add an option to turn off the game.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

It is a sandbox. Different people play it for different reasons. Empyrion is great because you can play it how you want. You can play it as a survival game and fight enemies. You can fight other players. Or just build stuff, never even firing a weapon.

Many game features are already optional. You can turn off radiation damage and food usage. I'm sure you'll be able to turn off base attacks like you can turn off everything else.

To me, it sounds like what you want is more of a Creative mode, or the new Freedom mode. (If those modes don't do what you want, then maybe they should be improved.) Also, Space Engineers may be a game you'd like, it is heavier on building, less so on survival.

But I play in Survival mode because I want a survival game. Like Conan Exiles, Ark, 7 Days to Die, etc. And survival games do try to kill you. It isn't a survival game if nothing tries to kill you. Even Minecraft tries to kill you at night.

There are not "thousands" of titles that combine survival, building, and exploration to the same extent Empyrion does. There are several that do one of these well, but very few that do all three well.

I like building ships and bases, I spend hours doing it. But I also like using those ships and bases for a purpose. If I make a cool looking base with turrets and self-defense guns, I'd like to actually test it.

If I raid a POI, kill everyone in it, and scrap the entire thing for parts, I would expect that whoever owned that base would try to do that to me. And as long as we get repair-to-blueprint for bases, I'm quite fine with that.

4. Softwalker001

Softwalker001 Commander

I Understand and mostly support what you are saying.
    But in the 30+ years I have been gaming I can't remember the number of times I have watched absolutely wonderful games destroyed by there Developers trying to force a certain play style on there players.
    Usually by dumbing the game down for the lazy, or trying to create "Balanced" PvP. Which CAN'T exist because players are not balanced.

I am old my wrists are damaged so twitch gaming is out for me.
    The current turret AI is garbage, and that will need to be fixed first.

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Well, at the very least, proper physics would help; a large share of the current balance problems in PvP ultimately stems from improperly-implemented physics (and a good portion of the remainder is due to block stats and weapon damage not being self-consistently determined).

6. Szaone

Szaone Guest

We don't even have a proper game core so calm down guys.

7. Kard

Kard Commander

You seem to be bouncing around to every thread with your tinfoil hat, spewing claims about a bad game core.

Maybe you, sir, are the one that needs to calm down.

ravien_ff and Sofianinho like this.
  8. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Just looked at the screen shot from A10, looks like there is going to be shields, nice.

9. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

I like the principle of consequences and generally escalating/de-escalating threat levels. (Plus not having base attacks in freedom mode).

I wonder how far the attacks could go in the worst case scenario.. (hostile to Zirax, setting up a base in Zirax territory, close their own base, on the most difficult planet in the system - and of course all game options being set to difficult...!)

1. Drone Wave
    2. 1 + troop transport
    3. 1 + 2 + Bomber run
    4. 1 + 2 +3 + Planetary Patrol Vessel​

Multiples of the above? a random mix? an increased frequency?

Just utilising the enemy threats that have already been created in game, offers a huge range/mix of threat levels and challenge. Though it might also be nice in the future to introduce some new threats - maybe the attackers place a "siege" tower/BA near and in range of your base...

hmm, perhaps the best approach in a single player starter, will be to ensure you are neutral with the Zirax before building that starter base, obviously buried in a mountain on the furthest side of the map...;):)

10. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Those patrol vessels are a joke. A bad joke at that. You shoot it down, another will spawn almost instantly, it's stupid. I am currently playing on an “ultra” difficult world. Which means the enemies are bullet sponges, which isn't bad, until you run into scorpions, which have a 2-4 pixel hit box. Like someone said, it turns into a bullet farming game.