Feedback

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Iam aware of this and will look into it

2. Marrs

Marrs Ensign

Hi. I'm a big fan of this game having played over 1200 hours solo. So I thought I'd try joining a server to see if it was different.
    • Someone immediately gave me loads of food, meds and money and took me to a trade station. OK I guess. Helpful. Also buys stone dust for 1000's if you can work out how to carry enough to do one trade. My suit will only carry 500. Completely removes the Survival aspect to the game which I quite enjoy. I guess I could have binned it all, but I didn't know what was ahead. I'm glad I didn't now!
    • I got resources for an SV and spawned it in. Explored a bit, looted a bit until I got my starter CV in
    • Gather mats for a base for farms
    • Set up the farms
    • Did an Abandoned Factory or something - then had mats for my first jump CV
    • Jumped around a few systems
    Now I can't get back to base where I left all my mats and ships - where does it say this is a thing? And please don't say "forums". I've only come here and created an account for the first time just now because of this issue.

When you first try to warp out of the starter system a popup should say "Are you sure you want to leave the Starter area? You cannot return"

I wonder how many people quit the game forever at this point? Just saying.

I'll probably go back in and build a new farm with what I have, as I'm a hardcore addict, but it's frustrating. Maybe I'll go back to solo play. Maybe suits me better.

Skavn likes this.
  3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hello,

You can see this on the Map. See my screenshots. Your forum account got created on Feb 11 2020 :) This is your 8th message placed on the forum :)
    2021-01-03 16_15_47-Greenshot.png
    2021-01-03 16_15_42-Greenshot.png

If you give me your PlayerName and the Base on the StartingPlanet i can teleport you back to there

Be advised on Starting Planets you have 7 days to move away from them. After that your structures will be removed

Marrs likes this.
  4. Marrs

Marrs Ensign

Yeah I see
    Yeah I saw on my Avatar I did something before. I forgot. It's just it asked to it again, or relink it?

I still think it needs to be clearer. For new players especially. And old ones like me who don't spot things.

Starting anew base on the next planet over which has some large structures - I guess it's safe to do so. But I've spent the last 3 hours trying to make a box air-tight. Did a 3x3 crop and lost it to radiation. Created a new base 4x4x3 - just blocks - sealed me inside - not airtight. Loads of errors in Console.

> Calling RecalcInsideOutside() while a calculation is still active! entity='Marrs Two', id=2932777
    > Cancelling O2 calculation as it took longer than 120s etc

Loads of:

>Internal: deleting an allocation that is older than its permitted lifetime of 4 frames (age=12)
    >Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - memory leak or something

MP is getting irritating now

5. Marrs

Marrs Ensign

btw Warp Lines are turned OFF by default. I didn't know what they were until I started trying to work out why I couldn't get back home. In fact that's what made me curious - the arrows on the lines.

And I've never clicked the little i symbol. I think I need to go through every page and check what else I've missed.

6. Marrs

Marrs Ensign

Where does it say this in the game?

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

There is every hours a Default Chat Message what tells you where to find the information
    There is also every 2 hours another Default Chat Message with a link to our discord where you can find tons of information

You can also see it by typeing CB:? in GameChat. It gives you a window with commands where you can find stuff.

CB:Wipe, CB:NextWipe and CB:NextRestart give you tons of information about wipes, Structures Wipes and Server Restarts

The Yellow Messages are warnings and can be ignored. The Red Ones, I would need the full LogFile and Steps how to reproduce it

WarpLines are OFF by default due to it puts to much info on your screen if you have systems with allot of planets

8. Marrs

Marrs Ensign

Started getting CoQs. Restarted game. Same box is now airtight with no changes. "Show Airtight Blocks" now works, too! Never had any issues like these on single player.

In terms of feedback, this sort of thing is very off-putting for new players. This is a great game with lots of potential, but you need to get the new player experience better (and for solo players who MP for the first time after 1200 hours!!! LOL )

9. CyberMech

CyberMech Commander

Awful, no - logical signals, signals from motion sensors just work disgustingly. In single player and creative, everything works as intended, correctly and without glitches. But on the server, they simply refuse to turn on, from time to time they are triggered and then no.
    In addition, when spawning a ship from a factory,
    when I started connecting outputs from logic signals to lighting, I found that they were all mixed up in a chaotic order, although in the creative they were strictly sorted in the right order.
    There were also several incidents with the loss of equipment immediately after the spawn from the factory, namely, the shield generator disappeared at the base,
    and there are several lighting fixtures on the ship. Also, then 1 time after the warp to another star, 3 LCD screens disappeared ..... just like that they disappeared by themselves and that's it.
    Pay attention to all this. Logic signals work just disgusting, in 2 years of playing online, this is the first time I come across such a nightmare.

10. forlasanto

forlasanto Ensign

Maybe this has a ticket already, and maybe this isn't exactly the right place to put it, but:

The Cobalt and Iron assets are wearing each other's textures, and it's been bugging me about this game for years.

Real Iron ore is red. Real Cobalt is blue. In fact, Real iron ore looks a lot like the in-game Cobalt asteroids and Cobalt-bearing stones. Likewise, real cobalt looks almost exactly like in-game Iron asteroids and Iron-bearing stones.

I know it's a little detail, but it should be a zero-code fix to swap the names on a few texture files.

11. CyberMech

CyberMech Commander

It is impossible or almost impossible to find legacy faction ships on the server.
    I ran this scenario 3 times in single mode with different grain values, and all 3 times I found ships of this faction in the zones defined for their according to the config file. But on the server several times circled these areas immediately after morning and evening the server is restarted and I no find did not meet the ships of the faction legecy...
    And I came to the conclusion that it's either something broke, either in the version of the scenario on the server made any changes for spawn these ships, or they are just disposable and are not revived with a reboot...
    What pvp ship or war can we talk about at all, if warships a priori cannot be without advanced core which cannot be found... (p.s. I mean it ships with decks and not flying bricks with 1 deck and the pilot's seat).

12. Akiel

Akiel Ensign

Hi,
    I don't find any pvp planet in the Zirax territories, is that normal ?
    Does all planets are PVE only since the last update ?

13. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Updated Invader vs Defender scenario - Conflict of Cygnus:

[​IMG]

- Added 100 Random Stars to make Universe more interesting
    - Old Systems in the Center have still the most resources
    - All 100 Random Stars are PvE
    - All 100 Random Stars have neither Zascosium nor Erestrum nor Gold Resources. (except some tiny stones on planets). The PvP System (Cygnus) in the Center has all 3 in big quantity.
    - Fixed Taldor Sector Map icon
    - Fixed PDA Preamble not visible in MP on first join

14. Akiel

Akiel Ensign

All Clear, thank you !

15. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

So, I thought I'd give this game a try again, after not having played for a few years.

Went on the official server EU, wanted to select a rather easy start, but noticed that the Grass planed has 1200/1000 building slots taken?? How is that even possible. Anyway, I selected Mato (Ice planet), which had plenty of slots left.

Grabbed my equipment and before I was even accustomed to the UI again I was already dead because it's -37° and there is no safe spot near the base...
    1 death already, kinda frustrating, but well, probably my fault, right? there must be a way to survive this? maybe I missed something at the spawn... So I selected "fresh start", checked all rooms again, but nothing there.

Hm... maybe I can craft a portable heater? After all I have all these shiny ingots! But ... nope. The heater needs Iron Ore, not ingots...

Hm... maybe I can just sprint off the mountain as fast as possible and perhaps the temperature is better then? Tried it and survived quite a bit longer, but nope... died again.

Okay, ah.. I can just respawn right next to my body? Well, then forget about survival? just spam respawn? wandered around for a little longer but coulnd't find anything useful. No food, no iron. I got meat from enemies, which is all but useless, since my suit constructor can apparently only craft high tech items, make tea, and process vegetables into energy bars (?!) but can't heat up meat or the suit itself??

What is the point of these survival mechanics in combination with this death mechanic? why spawn new players in an unsurvivable environment? to make them get used to spam respawn...?

(Btw. there is a typo on the sign on the Repair station 0o)

(also .. the 3p camera is terrible. why is it so terribly sluggish/laggy? I'm sure I have posted something about that a few years ago, but apparently no one cares. )

16. CyberMech

CyberMech Commander

We need more PVP zones. PVE can only be where there is big NPC faction jurisdiction. It's pretty stupid to see no permission to kill another player in an uninhabited world. Space should be harsh, and with the increase in the number of stars, finding a player has become quite a difficult task.

17. Alatun

Alatun Commander

Just some hints, how to survive (at least die less often):
    - the multi player server is not the best way to (re-)learn the game (at least not in a hostile environment, like an ice planet). In this environment acting quickly with the right decisions the key to survive. I usually start on a desert planet, which is usually less crowded and not as hard as an ice planet.
    - while in the capsule that is falling down to the planet you can steer a bit. Try to land next to water (even on an ice planet there is some fluid water - next to water it is less cold). Even better if some trees are next to your landing spot.
    - if you cannot find raw ore, use your survival tool to collect some rocks - you can extract raw ore from pieces of rock - you can also get rocks by drilling the ground. Below the surface it also gets warmer, so this could be another strategy to avoid dying from cold.
    - cut down trees with your survival tool and build a minimal shelter from wood (or use other blocks): you need a core, solar cells and a battery - if you have a closed room and the base is powered the temperature inside will raise to 20°C.
    - you need a shelter as quickly as possible, because hail can happen any time, which will kill you regardless of temperature
    - having knowledge, which kind of biome has surface ore rocks does help to get the resources for your first vehicle
    - you should have prepared blueprints - I have a very cheap hover vehicle that is suited for starting on an ice planet (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2219470635). You can stay inside but interact with the outside through the opened door: e.g. you can stand inside while you are digging ore with your drone during a hail storm.

18. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

Well, thanks for the suggestions, I guess? But..
    None of what you say is applicable to this server:
    -> You don't spawn in an escape pod
    -> You don't have a constructor: can't process rocks, can't build a core or anything really
    AFAIK there is no way to survive this spawn. and that's just silly and pointless

CyberMech likes this.