Feedback

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

The people signing off SHOULD have an advantage, at that point, human players are playing against AI that are subbing for offline players, and that AI needs an advantage. Attacking an offline player's resource is straight up ghetto. If a player wants to do that, they should encounter appropriate AI resistance. Unlimited ammo for the offline player isn't an unfair advantage, when the can't be there to reload.

2. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Perhaps a combined limit of a certain number of bases allowed per PVP planet with a no build zone increased when offline protection is active in a manner/distance that it has to be further then the range of the artillerygun. And maybe even weekly starterplanetwipes with that, to stop the overload on these.

3. Zedd

Zedd Captain

Yep, and that is why I play singleplayer :D

I really don't get how people find the above scenario fun. You're pretty much forced to make ridiculous builds/exploit loopholes just to be on an even playing field.
    If there was a distance slider on turrets, you wouldn't need unlimited ammo. They could stay on while Offline Protection was engaged, but wouldn't shoot at max. range enemies, so other players couldn't cheesily empty your turrets from 400m away. The turrets would still blast anyone building too close to your base.

Would that (mostly) solve your problem?

GoldDragon likes this.
  4. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

That wouldn't because it still allows the option of mass suicides into the base to waste ammo since you can respawn next to your death spot, you can also still use the drone to waste ammo.

The things that need to be balanced are:

1. Drone should have a cooldown after being destroyed, maybe 2 minutes would be good.
    2. Base turrets need to fire on anyone within range while the player is offline.
    3. Add a cooldown to the "respawn near death spot" option such as 30 seconds with a stacking penalty of 30 additional seconds for each death within the last 5 minutes.
    4. Extend the anti-grief range to the max range on the longest range turrets, this will prevent people from building rows of bases with arty turrets to alpha strike people when they log in and their shield turns off.
    5. Increase the splash damage from SV missiles so SVs can more reliably destroy smaller turrets like flak turrets, as it is currently trying to hit a flak turret while moving in a non straight line at max speed to avoid fire is very difficult, higher splash damage on missiles will make SVs more capable of attacking bases.
    6. Currently auto-targeting turrets will not target players who are under water, this is being easily abused by people to get really close to bases built near lakes/oceans.

Thats all I've got for now.

Bigfeet, Zedd and Jascha like this.
  5. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks guys for the feedback and yeah some valid points / suggestions.
    We went that road on HWS a lot already so we turned off OP there and have ammo drainer rules and what not.

For the official server I wanted to first study the user groups, if they are PvP orientated, using what features etc.
    So as expected some things are also valid here and I try to release an announcement not only about official easy rules but also about some changes for the current universe - hopefully tomorrow. A lot of work in real life currently.

Stay tuned.

JBHitman likes this.
  6. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

Another point. Once a player leaves the safety of PVE worlds they should not be able to return. There is a lovely young man on the official server who simply farms up resources freely on PVE, then comes to PVP worlds and drops arty bases everywhere, then runs back to PVE worlds when he gets beat.

This can either be solved by not allowing that player to ever respawn or return to PVE planets OR you can impose a war declaration feature where someone has to declare war on you or your alliance to actually attack your structures on PVP worlds. The wardec would not need to be mutual, however, once someone wardecs you they themselves and all their bases become vulnerable to retaliation on a PVE world when the people who were attacked make the wardec mutual. This will prevent people from hiding from retaliation. If you have the power to attack a player base your own base should then be able to be attacked by the people who you just attacked.

Iluminator likes this.
  7. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks for stopping :)

JBHitman likes this.
  8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Again please stick to topic.
    I will be more strict now regarding off topics.
    This is also a sign that a Discord server would just go crazy if I don't keep an eye on it all the time.

Thanks for your understanding!

JBHitman likes this.
  9. frank walls

frank walls Commander

Server Feedback:

Started a new game on M32. Built a small CV and started exploring so I could pentaxid crystals to make it to another system. There's some on the trading station in space there, but I have no credits because all the POI are cleared out on every planet. So I fly around searching the planets for crystals. I manage to scrounge up 7 crystals over the course of 2 hours from some of the oceans on 1 planet. Then I found a village with aliens spawning and I farmed them for about 30 minutes. I got 2 more crystals and 65 credits!!

After I got bored doing that I decided I'd mine some minerals and sell them on them market. Maybe then I could get some credits to buy those sweet crystals in the trading station. After an hour of mining I head to the station prepared to try and sell some Sathium, Neodymium, and Hydrogen. But wait! I don't have enough credits to list my items for sale!

That fee should be removed, or at the very least you pay it after you've sold your items. Or even better, put some more crystals on the planets!

10. JBHitman

JBHitman Lieutenant

Did you use the CB:Survival command? This will give you a one time credit of 7k credits to get you started.

frank walls likes this.
  11. frank walls

frank walls Commander

I did not, thanks! I've seen people type that in, but didn't know that's what it did. Maybe players should be starting with that then, or things should be balanced a little better so you don't need to borrow money, haha.

JBHitman likes this.
  12. JBHitman

JBHitman Lieutenant

Np, man! Hopefully, we'll have maybe some "starter" bases, where players can go to get some basic supplies, and learn about certain features and commands available to them. That way people will have access to that information.

13. frank walls

frank walls Commander

I noticed 2 of the planets are the same. The Mercenary camp is the exact same map as m32 (I think that's where I re-started!). Seems like they should be different?

14. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

@RexXxuS Any chance you could think about adding a feature that alerts you with a pop up (like the drone attacks) each time one of your powered bases suffers HP damage? This would be beneficial to factions with multiple bases so they arent just blindsided when they are away from base. Could even take it a step further and add an in-game item like a transmitter tower that is required to be active on a base to broadcast that alert that uses up so much power it would require the T2 generator.

Edit: Another idea is an Auto Repair function for bases. You create a structure like a repair bay, place it on your base and it slowly repairs damaged but non-destroyed blocks. Could make it require ammo like multi charges to function and make the repair rate stupid slow like 1% per hour, that would take 4 days to repair a base from less than 10% health, could also again make the power requirements huge so it burns through fuel when active.

I'm still finding random damaged blocks from the last time someone attacked me 2 days ago lol.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  15. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

From the biome maybe but not from the details. They have different resources for example.

@twchris13579 this is partly implemented in HWS and require some things for now.
    It will come soon as a default (the alert system)

Same for the repair feature. If we see it is successful on HWS we implement it here because it isn't in the core game for now. We would do it as a kind of mod.

16. frank walls

frank walls Commander

The land mass itself was exactly the same (identical mountains, lakes, etc.), and most of the POI were also in the same place. Kind of disappointing to fly to a new planet and see that it's 95% identical to the one you just left - it kills the excitement of exploring a new world.

17. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

Awesome!

18. Ticonderoga

Ticonderoga Ensign

Hello
    I play on the official EU server. And there were a few problems.
    1) Recently began to meet players who build fields with crystals of pentaxide. The planet is not pvp. As a result, players lose the opportunity to make jumps. I ask to add a ban on construction on pentaksid fields.
    I ask to add a ban on construction on pentaksidnye fields.
    2) When translating clan members into administrator status, this is not always valid. I ask to solve this problem.
    3) Please increase the number of clan ships that can enter the planet. Best of all, if it is equal to the number of people in the clan. This will not translate the ships between the private and the clan. Since it now severely limits the functionality of the clan.

19. Thurdd

Thurdd Ensign

second day of playing on Eu server and I don't understood why earth and other starter planet will not wipe totally , there's issue on earth , can't find ressources without plenty of time searching around , can't find wild life ( saw 1 baby lizard and 1 raptor in 7 hours of play) , meteorit are rare and CV and base are everywhere .
    So i ask for the new player coming after me to wipe totally all sarter planet , old player have been informed of wipe so they had time to move their stuff so please , wipe it totally so new player can have some fun on earth , all I have there was annoying searching and no way to play right.
    ps : thx to other player who don't help , special mention to DIE faction who spam come to my faction and i'll help you.

20. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

Hey @RexXxuS thanks for clarifying all that information for us. You do correctly point out the combat logging issue, I have experienced this myself with people logging the moment they see they are being attacked, which is why I go straight for generators or the OP device if I can find it but sometimes I'm not quick enough, an easy solution to that would be to mimic what a mod did in a different game that had offline protection. When the last player from a faction logs out the OP does not enable for "X" amount of time OR for "X" amount of time that the base hasn't been damaged, this allows people who are sieging a base to keep the OP off so long as they continue to damage it.

An incredibly easy way to fix the ammo draining is simply place restrictions on the "respawn near death spot" option. If you have a stacking penalty for everytime they have died within the past 5 minutes it would make it next to impossible for people to drain ammo without wasting their entire day.

Also as I saw another thread mention on the forums you can impose a cooldown timer on the F5 drone when it is destroyed.

And heres something I didn't realize till today. Why does everyone care if you use OP to defend the in-ground resource spawns? Once those in-ground spawns are depleted the meteors can fall anywhere and anyone can get them. So heres what I am going to do today when I get on, I will mine out all the resources on the planet so there will be plenty of meteors spawning, after that the OP bases at the old in-ground resource spots are literally just protecting my auto miners and not preventing anyone from accessing any resources. (Perhaps just enable meteors to spawn no matter what so people can't argue about this?)

Also not sure if this is a design flaw or intentional but you can bypass getting shot by any turret by simply getting directly above it, they cannot elevate 90 degrees and I saw this used earlier to great effect. I have to get around this by placing additional turrets on their side facing directly up which is what I am now doing. Maybe give the homing rocket turrets the ability to target things that are directly above them since well, they use homing missiles lol.