Fixed Location POI on Multiplayer Server

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Blkdragon13, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Blkdragon13

Blkdragon13 Lieutenant

Greetings, another fixed location POI problem to solve. I have fixed location custom poi's on a planet. I got them to spawn correctly in a Single Player game. (Several times while testing a new world). Now, I move all files to a server, including the .epb's for the POI's, and poof, the POI's won't spawn. The fixed locations drones and Planet Vessel spawn, but I can't get the POI's to spawn. And I check the logs, no error code is thrown. Any thoughts?

2. Jackall

Jackall Commander

Have the same issue Blkdragon13. I posted that I couldn't get them to spawn on planets and I never got a response. This was a week ago.

3. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

new MP universe or existing MP universe?

4. Jackall

Jackall Commander

For me, it's a new one. I am creating a new server.

5. Blkdragon13

Blkdragon13 Lieutenant

Existing MP Universe

6. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Did you remove the playfields existing files from your saved game folder to ensure it spawns new playfield with the new POI added?

7. Blkdragon13

Blkdragon13 Lieutenant

Yes and no, it is a new world being added to the server. Since the initial attempt. I have tried reloading it several times. Each time, I delete the playfield folder, and the planet folder from the Saved game on the server. And still no POI's. The POI's are in the contents/prefab folder on the server, so I am not sure why it is not grabbing them.

8. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

if you wish you can send it to me and i can test on my server

9. Blkdragon13

Blkdragon13 Lieutenant

So life caught me, and I decided to wait for the 7.0 official drop. I have wiped my server for a clean start. I am still having the same problem. Actually two of them. I still have fixed location custom poi's on a planet. I got them to spawn correctly in a Single Player game. (Several times while testing a new world). Now, I move all files to a server, including the .epb's for the POI's, and poof, the POI's won't spawn. The fixed locations drones and Planet Vessel spawn, but I can't get the POI's to spawn. And I check the logs, no error code is thrown.

This is a new MP start.

ALSO I use a custom terrain .xml. My Players have to manually load it to the local directories to load the game. Anyway the you could get the server to load/send them the .xml files directly?

I uploaded my world files here.

Attached Files:

10. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Yep, me too here.
    NEW Server, NEW Scenario, FIXED POIs won't spawn on Server, but will do in SP just fine.