Fixed in NEXT update Food Spoiling in active fridges [01326]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Zebron, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Zebron

Zebron Lieutenant

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.1.1 4453
    Mode: Dark Faction Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable: N/A
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:N/A

Reproducibility: Yes
    Severity: High

Type: Food Item.

Summary: Food Spoiling in Fridges that is powered on and turned on.

Description: Active powered on fridge's don't preserve food. I made sure the fridges is powered and turned on.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Put Food Item in Fridge on CV, Base, SV, HV.
    2) Turn on Fridge and just play the game.
    3) Go back in Fridge and all your food is spoiled.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    Garaman likes this.
  2. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Did this happen in the vanilla game or while playing the DLC? I can confirm I had a stack of steaks spoil in my fridge while playing the DLC, but wasn't sure if it was tied to the new dark field mechanics.

Zebron likes this.
  3. Zebron

Zebron Lieutenant

It is happening in Dark Faction. Couldn't edit bug report when I made the report. Food is spoiling in active fridges that is on the on position and powered.

Garaman likes this.
  4. DarthMolen

DarthMolen Ensign

Happened to me too in the DLC scenariuo... this used to be a bug way back in the normal game... surprised to see the regression.

5. Zebron

Zebron Lieutenant

Yeah you cannot stockpile food till this gets fixed. Best work around at the moment is try to make a bunch of rations (Those yellow MRE's) with no perish time. Or set the game settings to slow on food consumption.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  6. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Just to clarify the degradation game option does not affect the spoil timers of any foods.
    That setting is strictly for the durability of handheld tools and weapons and player armor, ie durability multiplier.

Just don't want you or anyone else reading to get confused and think that changing that setting will help this issue. It won't.
    There is no game setting for spoil timers. To change those you would have to modify the config files individually for every single item with a spoil timer.

Myrmidon likes this.
  7. Zebron

Zebron Lieutenant

No not item degradation. I mean food consumption how fast you get hungry so you don't have to eat as often. Sorry for misunderstanding. There is a option to slow your hunger down so you don't have to eat quite as much. That way you don't have to stockpile as much food.

Though the best work around is making the non perishable food rations those mre's in those yellow packages. They don't spoil and don't need to be refrigerated.

8. Zebron

Zebron Lieutenant

Any ETA when this will get looked at? Also I didn't see there was a dark faction bugs section on the forums when I made this bug report. I wish I could move it to dark faction bugs section since it isn't a vanilla issue.

Nothing mentioned Dark Field rotting food in active fridges so I assume it is a bug? Though still not sure. Could the dark field neutralizers help?

9. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

This basically makes the DLC unplayable for me unless I have a whole mothership-style CV and a separate combat CV where I don't store food. Losing some harder-to-get ingredients like eggs in the hundreds just for spending some time in the dark field basically just means I'm never going to go into the dark field with a fridge ever again.