Food System

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. xenjay

xenjay Lieutenant

I certainly cant see any problems with pizza for every meal ;)

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I would prefer a rock dust cookie that would just give 500 health - for balance reasons! ;)

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Good thinking! And rock dust contains the minimum daily requirement of vitamins plus extra minerals!
    The good news: We can make food out of rock dust.
    The bad news: Your birthday cake will weigh 20 kilos.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It's more than adequate for survival. More variety could enhance role playing.

Tyrax Lightning and Hezzlewood like this.
  5. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

I can see two problems with the current food system. First we have water but we don't drink it. Second i like making the can food because of its long shelf life, but did i eat the can? We should get back the metal for the can. I don't make many of the different foods because i can't grow the ingredients.

6. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

It would be cool of the food processor also was able to package things and seal them so that they preserve longer. It is the future so it would make sense. I want to make a burger and package it sealed by future magic.

Switch up some of the recipes. They need balancing. Some materials are so hard to come by too.
    For example, I only use canned food at this point. It's OP and easy to come by. Meanwhile something like a burger takes a lot to make yet you would never do it cause it doesn't really do much for you compared to the cans.

This too

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

The fundamentals are in place to make more complex recipes. I think that the current setup is a workable placeholder atm.
    With hard settings I get attacked by critters often enough to just raise tomatoes and make canned meat. The required steel
    plates are easy to come by. Canned food works best for me because of its shelf life and the ease of production.
    I can throw tomatoes and meat into the processor and do other things without worrying that the results will lose half of their
    shelf life because I was caught up in something else - not to mention the fact that a T2 fridge will hold 740 cans.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I live on Salami a lot.

redbaron and binhthuy71 like this.
  9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

A T2 fridge packed with salami will feed you for a long time
    - if you wear light armor. :D

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Looking good, put a lot of effort into this, might see some changes with food, this thread can only help , keep it up !

11. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

Is it my imagination or do some of the simpler foods you can make have a negative value compared to just eating the raw ingredients?

Take space fries. vs durians as an example. Both offer the same perish time.

Space fries provide 75 food and 15 health. Four durians provide 160 food and 40 health. The space fries do provide some stamina and the durian don't but frankly, stamina seems less a necessity.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Is it working as intended?

12. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

If your numbers are true you are right. That does seem badly balanced.

13. Morrigan

Morrigan Lieutenant

I mentioned this all the way back on page 14 or so. Still not addressed, because we must perfect those mountain textures rather than severe logical inconsistencies.

Edit: Page 16, actually.

Kassonnade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Yep. We can die a horrible death from hunger at noon after the X fat meals of the morning, because that is so much realistic and fun... And I believe the complaint counter must reach a few thousands before this irritating mechanic gets attention, after blood texture refinements for dead critters and such. I feel this is only to force the piling up of "play hours" like other grinding mechanics, to show how much this game keeps players "having fun". Meh...

15. Mortlath

Mortlath Commander

The only reason I make complex foods is that it takes too long to eat 4 durians as I seem to have to wait 10 seconds between bites.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ya can put food on the Hotbar... then ya can eat & run while doin other stuff at the same time. ;)

17. Hector G

Hector G Commander

Apologize if anyone mentioned these things lots of posts already and first time giving feedback. Please take with a grain of salt.

For food it seems most of the items are pointless when canned food seems to be only thing you need to make. Lasts long and easy to make. Perhaps other food items can provide buffs? Or perhaps a new survival meter called 'morale' where eating certain foods raises it but MRE's and canned food while convenient lowers it lol.

Morrigan and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. TyGeR

TyGeR Ensign

The food system so far is ok, once you get established in an area and growing food it really becomes more of a hassle then anything else. Would be awesome for a way to automate harvesting your growing crop, or even at some point build a replicator. Say you can build a replicator but you have to program it with everything you want it to be able to make. So you would need to give it X number of Duran, Tomatoes, and Pumpkins for it to learn how to make Can vegetables. An do use the replicator to make yourself food should take a lot of power.

So by time someone gets to the point that they can make and use a replicator they should be at the point they have the food /farming system whipped.

19. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I would suggest some adjustments made to the colliders of plants. The player can be right in front or in the middle of a plant and unable to harvest, having to move and search for the proper angle to get the tiny square allowing to "pick up". With many plants close together and leaves all over the face and in the camera, it's mostly by pure luck that the player clicks on the good plant. The problem is mostly with the biggest plants, the smallest ones are much easier to pick up.

StyxAnnihilator likes this.
  20. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I think Food Pills are useless.

I never use them. I mean... if you make a careless mistake well. What's the chances you're going to do that AND have the pills on hand at the same time?
    [​IMG]