Food System

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Goffender

Goffender Commander

Seaweed snacks works too but it's pretty easy to get food poisoning from native fruits.

2. iAdmiral

iAdmiral Lieutenant

I don't know if farmable plants (ex. textured plant protein) still give food poisoning , but if they do, these pills might be useful.

3. Goffender

Goffender Commander

Don't get me wrong, I love alien sausage as much as the next guy but some times you just gotta throw back some space oranges, am I right?

4. wagfeliz

wagfeliz Commander

It should have more options to farm, right now the only real viable option you have are tomatos for food, honey for wounds and coffe, all other plants are useless. There should be more options in the crafting that dont get spoiled fast, like, healing, diverse cures, boosts, etc.

Thundercraft likes this.
  5. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I'm not sure whether it is a bug or intended behavior, but it is so very, incredibly frustrating that harvestable plants and other harvestables (that is, Pentaxid crystals) disappear on me, sometimes immediately after picking and sometimes while I'm not looking. And sometimes they disappear after the first time I pick, while other times they disappear after picking several times. I posted a bug report about it here.

Common stuff like Akua Berries and Corn, I don't mind so much. (It's still annoying, though.) But to have rare stuff like Pentaxid crystals, Alien Thorns and Alien Plasma just vanish into thin air really dampens my enthusiasm to play, especially since we can't grow these in a Growing Plot.

What I find shocking is that I haven't found anyone else mentioning this. Am I the only one experiencing this? I've had this happen to me in different saves, one of them in the stable branch and one of them in experimental, so I assumed that this must be a common thing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  6. wagfeliz

wagfeliz Commander

People dont talk about that exactly because, as you, they dont know if this is intended ( to recude the resource availability ), or an bug...
    I agree with you that this is annoying and if this is not an bug, I cant understand why they want to recude what is already rare.

Thundercraft likes this.
  7. raglah

raglah Guest

not as good as it was in 6.7 since 7 the gatherable food is very scarce [ i play on akua] the farming is hit and miss.
    could it be rolled back to 6.7 [just the farming]

8. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Just figured...
    Can we make the Veggie burger in a way, so i do not have to kill an animal?
    I mean, thats the whole purpose of a Veggie burger, right?

Issue is, with current game mechanics, i have to have either drop luck in poi-firdges, or, kill an animal.. but not just any... a mother of a child, otherwise there would be no milk...

Suggested changes: (based on current recipe)
    - cheese / milk
    +2 tomato
    +1 dorian
    +1 protein textured plant (so its 2)

Likewise for canned food, i'm sorry but do you guys cook?
    I mean, canning stuff?
    You dont need acid to make something last long, when its cooked and airtight canned. -> heck that is the purpose of canning...
    If we'd use GLASS for the 'canned veggies', it would be more plausible (even then, still not required)... but not with steel plates...

I mean... you request very exotic items for everyday stuff...
    I dont mind to have to look for those lemon things, I want to make something luxirous... like a fruit- or elon-cake...

But I guess a true rebalancing can only be made after the alpha 8 patch, because then we have to start all new, without any canned veggies left to survive...

Get me right, I can udnerstand that you dont want everyone who just started to run around with 3 stacks of canned veggies, but i'm not willing to spend HOURS to find those lemon pikes to make some canned veggies, so i can leave my SV in space... or lave CV in space to repair some thing (without the need to drop off my food into a fridge before leaving the CV)... but every other food instantly spoils... logicly.. in space...

This is FORCED 'exploration' for everyday consumables... in an amount that makes no fun...
    I dont see a true survival aspect.

I dont see anymore 'welcome packs' containing store-able food.
    Or if, it'll be Dori-Fries or baked pumpkin, nothing more, which just do not last -> new players do not have fridges)

The (mostly) increased lasting time is nice.
    Though, I'd rather have less +HP and therefor fewer ingredients (lemon spike).
    Even lower the current perish time, if you remove the lemon spike, or make it just be used for.. you know.. hard items... like large medipack... which one doesnt need in the dozens... daily... 100% for sure, even if you just stand still!

Ahh... now i have room to breath again..
    Have a nice evening.

9. Currahee

Currahee Ensign

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but one thing I've found a little annoying about farming is that the output of everything is always the same - 4. And conversely the recipes all mostly call for the same amount - 4. It'd be nice if plants gave off a random amount depending on conditions they were in. For example poor conditions could give 1-2 per harvest and good conditions could give 4-8.

Raising animals would also be nice, so that you could get milk from an animal without killing it, or letting them have offspring to slaughter for meat. So that you could farm in space without having to go planet side for meat.

Lealu likes this.