General suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by icYFTL, Apr 7, 2024.

1. icYFTL

icYFTL Ensign

Hello everyone. Here, I've attempted to describe some of my suggestions for further improving the game. I've tried to provide reasoning for each of the proposed innovations. I haven't played a lot (218 hours), but I consider this time sufficient for drawing some conclusions. I hope the developers will read this.
    • New Movement
    Foreword:

A few words about the movement. Movement, in my opinion, is one of the main issues in the game. Personally, what initially drew me to the game was the modularity of the ships. For a long time, I tried to get my friends into the game, but according to my statistics, only 1 out of 5 people I invite actually join. I think this is primarily due to first impressions, and movement is a part of those first impressions.

Currently, movement feels very clunky and unresponsive. An example from another game that kept me and my friends engaged for a long time: Satisfactory. The desire to play it primarily stemmed from the urge to build various things, to progress further, and to create more and more complex structures and factories. And the embodiment of these desires was greatly complemented by the movement in the game - it was splendid there.

Specific Ideas:
    • I suggest adding slides to the game. It will diversify the movement overall, as well as battles between players.
    • Character shake while running/walking. It will add "life" to the character.
    • Animation of holding something. For example, I'm holding a multitool in my hand and it's motionless and static. It looks wooden and unconvincing.
    • Animation of tools shaking in hand while running.
    • Sounds of the spacesuit rattling.
    • TO BE CONTINUED
    Here's a comparison of movement between Empyrion and Satisfactory. Which movement would you choose?

• Terraforming
    At the moment, I'm facing a problem with lengthy landscaping work. Let's say I want to build a large base, and for that, I need a flat area. To achieve this, I started filling the space with concrete blocks, but I encountered extremely time-consuming landscaping work. No vessels solve the problem because they work slowly and very clumsily. It's much more convenient to walk around with a drill using a speed hack in the local world than to build some kind of vessel that won't bring speed and/or convenience.

I suggest introducing a mechanism for landscape clearing similar to WorldEdit in Minecraft. Yes, these are different things, different games, and even the concept of landscape is different. But I'm referring to the logic of choosing a specific area similar to WorldEdit, where you select two points with an axe, choose the height, and fill it with whatever is needed.

In the current setting, it would probably be cool to implement this through some kind of device that is placed at the base. After that, special blocks are made, which are used to mark the area where terraforming will occur, and the parameters such as height, filters for removed blocks, etc., are set in the device itself.

The figure below shows an example of installing special blocks for marking the territory.

[​IMG]

This would bring more flexibility to the game when building various bulky things because the current tools for working with the landscape do not allow working with it on a large scale.

• Using Pentaxid for shields is wrong
    I suggest leaving it only for the Warp engine and introducing a new, equally rare ore for shields. In the current circumstances, after a heavy battle, it may happen that returning to the base is not possible. And all because Pentaxid is used for both shields as well. Why not separate these things and make Pentaxid only for the Warp engine, and take a separate, equally rare ore for shields?

This would eliminate the need to calculate Pentaxid for two purposes (shields and jumps) and remove complicated moments in the post-battle time.

• The limit of 5 solar panels is ridiculous.
    They are simply useless in small quantities. A limit of 5 solar panels looks very strange for large bases. They become useless, and I suggest increasing their limit to at least 15-20.
    • Dream - to walk in the ship during its movement
    I have a dream to move around in the ship wherever you want while your friend is piloting the ship.
    • Combat
    The combat system is very limited and primitive. Especially with NPCs. Diversity of movement should bring more flexibility and enjoyment to it, but now it looks wooden. There are no specific suggestions here, just complaints.
    • If you exit the ship in space without a jetpack, you fall down.

• Strange behavior of floating vessels in space.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    ChiefSgtBradley and pasCalcium like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Solar panel limit is 15 btw not 5 though a lot of factors affect how much power they produce and in a lot of cases it won't be much.

icYFTL likes this.