General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Der Boss

Der Boss Ensign

Saved the game on space while i was inside my SV then 1 day later i opened my save file than tada....SV gone and my dude is out there standing in space....doing nothing...all inventory gone.... :(

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did this happen with a new game you started after the 3.4.1 update or while resuming a pre-patch savegame? Did you quit the game and try to load again?

3. Der Boss

Der Boss Ensign

After 3.4.1, i created the game yesterday . Yep i quit approx 10 hours later i loaded the save file and.... the story begins(or end :( ) i am sad because i created my first serious effort given SV and it's gone .

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Do you remember if you "parked" your SV in the gravity field of a planet?

5. Hadge

Hadge Ensign

Would be nice to have better protection for critical systems of a ship, perhaps a limp mode and then make actual destruction very difficult? I have ended up marooned on planets from bad landings and in space from an unfortunate incident involving my CV and my SV, I hadn't fitted a reversing thruster to my CV so hit my SV destroying my SV's RCS and my CV's generator, so even though I have all the material to repair it is impossible.

Also the autosave could do with options, I am not a fan of autosave as I like to save then go and try something stupid, like flying into the sun or storming an alien base with only a pistol. I have found the current save method extremely annoying as it seems to save immediately after something bad happens, such as flying your CV into your SV at 110 m/s

Otterbear likes this.
  6. Neil

Neil Captain

Currently buildings that have multiple levels underground will have a gap between the wall and the surrounding rock. This creates a situation where it is fairly easy to take out the building without having to traverse all levels down to get to the core. Simply jump down the gap and start destroying blocks and you will get to start on the lowest level where the core usually is. This also allows clean up of the upper levels to be much easier as you don't need to worry about the sentry guns.

Suggestions to fix:

- have the surrounding rock meet the wall; this still means the player could burrow down, it just takes longer than jumping.
    - same as above but there are mines that cause massive damage if drilled into. (Or there can even be a mine block that looks like any one of the other blocks).
    - multiple cores that need to be destroyed; each level has a core and all need to be destroyed to deactivate the building.

7. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I would love to see installation being semi Indestructible (only apply to player), Make it an actual challenge to take a base

An installation that has a enemy core intact can't be destroyed by mundane weapon fire or repair tools
    Doors, Windows, Vents, Core can be destroyed with placed charges/rockets rendering any loot void
    Sentries and Turrets can be destroyed by weapons fire, charges
    Sentries and Turrets can be temporarily disabled with EMP charges/rockets
    Containers are lootable

After Core Destruction/Shut Down
    The base can now be destroyed or recovered

Additional Ideas

Flashbang Grenade
    - Stuns Biologics for x Seconds

EMP Grenade
    - Shuts Down Sentries and Internal Base Drones for x Seconds

EMP Rocket Lancher
    - Vehicle Mounted
    - Shut Down Turrets for x Seconds

Breaching Charge
    - Destroys Doors, Windows, Vents, and cores
    - Items are no longer lootable

Stun Charge
    - Place on a door or an alarm terminal
    - Stuns enemy opening a door
    - Stuns enemy activating an alarm terminal
    - Stuns for x Seconds

Hacking Tool
    - Takes x Seconds + Firewall Defense to gain control
    - Takes Controls of Turrets/Doors/Camera/Sensors for x seconds
    - System Resets After x Seconds
    - On Attempt Increase Firrwall defense
    - Spawns Enemies Elsewhere (spawned Enemies have no loot)

Electronic Bypass Kit
    - Takes x Seconds + Firewall Defense to disable
    - Disables Sensors/Alarm Terminals/cameras for x Seconds
    - System Resets After x Seconds

Sensors/Cameras
    - Tripping a sensor/camera increase the Firewalls defense
    - Alerts Enemies to your location
    - Hacked shows enemies on mini map

Alarm Terminals
    - Enemy runs to this and causes more enemy to spawn elsewhere and increase firewall levels
    - Spawned Enemies have no Loot

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Mac and Rannoc McMaulin like this.
  8. Neil

Neil Captain

Yes, not allowing destruction by repair tools until core deactivated would work. And also yes you would need a rocket or better to do any damage at all, and maybe the damage is greatly reduced. The whole point is to make bypassing obstacles very difficult and costly in resources, forcing the player to work work level on the way down.

9. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

This could also apply to pvp give us some more base defend options and I would make container unlootable until the cores captured or need a lock pick.

10. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Not sure if it's been touched on, but the mouse controls for vehicle movement are very wonky when trying to make tight maneuvers. I've tried increasing the number of RCS and directional thrusters, to no major difference. It feels like some sort of Mouse Smoothing system is in place, but it's not exactly set right to my tastes.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? I think we need a "Mouse Smoothing" option in the control options, so this sort of thing can be adjusted. It's very annoying trying to aim at an enemy, only to have the ship be nearly unresponsive for a moment, and then suddenly rotate waaay past where I was trying to point.

Otterbear likes this.
  11. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

Yea mouse controls are bad for flight. It not the same as linear velocity of the keyboard

Otterbear likes this.
  12. Blackfire07

Blackfire07 Ensign

you could put a unrevealed map on planets, for we dont have to go through the same places twice exploring the planet and revealing the map as we walk. sorry the english

13. boller1989

boller1989 Ensign

The hover vessel should align to the ground slope, so you can climb hills with it

14. luis18albineda

luis18albineda Ensign

add the Spanish language to the game!!!!!!!

15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I agree with this one. You can sorta tell where you've been by the concentration of POIs/deposits, but there's no way to tell if an area you're looking at is actually empty, or just unexplored.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Otterbear and Leatherneck like this.
  16. Stupidolphin

Stupidolphin Ensign

Hi to everyone in the community and also to the Developers :)
    I bought this game on steam and just got done finishing all the current content and I have some feed back I want to give.

Firstly, WOW, I had ALOT of fun playing this game! I desperately want it to bloom into the best it can be.
    The level system, although basic, was great at introducing the various elements of the game to me as a new player :)
    The scope of the planets and the different plants and animals were a very fun aspect for me -spiders soo cute :3

I loved the crafting system, where you refine ores and build actual "Component Blocks" to place, in contrast to Space Engineers where you build ghost frames and then fill in the components afterwards.

Although basic, the FPS combat was playable and I can see it growing in future builds of the game, the foundations are looking good.

It was a bit confusing having research unlocks that affected multiple tabs like Sv and Hv sharing cockpits ect.

I found turning and dog-fighting in space with the drones to be of GOD-LIKE difficulty >.>
    I had 3 RCU's and 4 main thrusters on every facing of my ship -the problem was my mouse could not scroll fast enough and no lead-target-vector reticule [+] to aim at -also the constant verbal and metal abuse hurled by the drones' swagger was really getting to me xD

All my ship doors got stuck in the open position all of the time and would not auto close when ship was powered on [..........]

There was no way to leave my ship fridges powered ON without having my ship engines also ON and wasting TONNES of fuel.. :(

After first placement, at some point all of the turrets on my base and then my Hv and Cv stopped working. They no longer auto aimed at enemies and I could not enter then by pressing T. They did at first work so I don't why this happened, maybe they went on strike for more pay [_]P

I personally "feel" that Sv need auto turrets like Hv and Cv, I know this destroys the Dog-Fight aspect of the >>>>chasing space combat but having "this one ship" class play significantly different didn't feel right and it was damn frustrating in game-play terms to both build and fly a Sv that could finally slay those Kiss-chase Drones <3

Grouping different weapon system types on a vehicle so I can fire them together... this became a HUGE annoyance to me as a player, please dear god fix this asap.

Random alien animals just "I'm walking here!" anywhere near my vehicles could result in said vehicle being thrown 10's of meters into the air or off to the side.... HOW THEY DO THIS???? surely the vehicle has some kind of weight advantage in this rapey collision...

Hv NEED a way to right themselves in case they are flipped over by an act of god. Q and E Verticle thrusters do nothing to turn them ./

Any weapon systems knocked off in space, then seem to continue to fire even when disconnected.. a rather silly thing to experience 0.0

My BIGGEST request:
    Please add a vehicle mining tool of some kind so I can mine with a Hv or Sv. Even when in command of a Cv and Space Base, I still felt like a PLEB* having to get out and mine rock on foot... in the cold... in the lava... in the dark.. for hours.. Tony Stark built this in a cave... feel bad for me.

*Player Lacking Enthusiasm and Basic mining vehicle

17. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

there is.. don't use 'Y'.. use 'P' to open ship menu.. power on your core, generator and fridge manually...it will looks like your thrusters are on but they won't...
    other things.. I mostly agree with yu

Stupidolphin likes this.
  18. Stupidolphin

Stupidolphin Ensign

Ah RIGHT I actually DID use P to toggle only on the fuel, gen and fridges but it only seemed to work with the core also on, which then looked as if it had also turned on the thrusters, good to know it isn't really doing that :) thx

19. Hooster1

Hooster1 Commander

Speed issues.
    Love the game, but the latest patches have really increased the load on the computer.
    I have a 5-year-old laptop, 6 gig ram, nVidia 260m graphics card - Windows performance index 4.4 (graphics card being the slow part). It plays most other games with average settings and used to play Empyrion just fine.

When the system lags, I have looked at the performance monitor, CPU usage is high - 70-80 % and memory usage is high too, 80%, but when it hits 80%, the system seems to start copying the data to the swap file. I checked the detailed system monitor and my hard drive is maxed out.

At this point, Empyrion was using about 2.1 gigs of ram.
    I set my system to maximize performance, turning off all the fancy windows effects, rebooted, turned off a lot of the extra background tasks to free up memory and loaded my saved game. This time when it started lagging, the program was taking about 2.6 gigs of ram, was at 80% memory and swapping to the hard drive again. I went to another planet, thinking perhaps a change in scenery would clear out some of that massive amount of memory usage, but no luck. My memory stayed maxed and swapping.

I understand it's advantageous to save things in memory to speed its reuse, but it seems the program is not doing a good job of cleaning out old data...when the memory fills up - it starts swapping and really lags. It also does not seem to be a certain amount of data - when I freed even more memory Empyrion used all it could find.

Alo and Eviscerator like this.
  20. Otterbear

Otterbear Commander

383120_2015-11-13_00001.png 383120_2015-11-13_00004.png Words cannot express just how much fun I'm having trying to right my UPSIDE-DOWN HV! (In the water!)
    I shouldn't complain too much though. I mean after 4 hours of building the )#$# thing, I did get to actually go 50m before smacking a coffee plant and being sent head over heals into the water. Having spent the last 45 mins trying to dig or cajole it to cooperate, I'm taking a break. :(