General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Devlah

Devlah Ensign

Continuity between instances (Planet vs. Space) would be nice. At the moment, it appears once you transition everything stops in the instance you left. I'm not saying you need to continue simulating while the player is absent, but perhaps make the instance "Catch up" when a player enters the instance in question.

If I have a Planetside base growing crops and harvesting Oxygen and water, then take off to build an orbital space station for a couple of hours, it would be nice to come back to find my crops ready to harvest and some oxygen and water bottles to pick up. Of course, a side-effect of this would be that anything that was being produced in any constructors would also be appropriately available. This approach may even help to alleviate the current "replicator" bug with constructors.

2. Andrew

Andrew Ensign

Empyrion is more then I thought it would be when you guys said it was know where near being done. Good game just lots of minor bugs.
    Sense this is the future the textures for some of the components should look more futuristic and have the tv and computer display am image.

3. BlackStar7713

BlackStar7713 Lieutenant

afaik they are planning on adding a weight system. You can already see a weight on most items (tooltip when hovering it)

4. Shroomworks

Shroomworks Ensign

So far,the game is a lot of fun,but ground vehicles do need a lot of improvement. Currently,it's best to drive over flat terrain,because everytime i try to drive up a hill,i slam the nose into it. If it's possible,i'd like to see some ground elevetaion detection,so the ground vehicle aligns itself with the terrain properly.

Davis and BlackStar7713 like this.
  5. Prawn

Prawn Ensign

Really loving the game so far! Here are just some of my suggestions:
    - I think it would be really nice having a simple conveyer system to keep fuel tanks replenished with fuel packs. E.g put stack of fuel packs into a container, then the conveyer system takes them to the various fuel tanks.
    -Personally I also would prefer it if the ability to fly a cv planetside wasn't removed. I think as long as it's balanced with a high fuel cost it add another aspect to the game.
    -As some one said previously it would be nice if you could build cv's on a planets surface.

Geneticus, Davis and Nicro like this.
  6. BlackStar7713

BlackStar7713 Lieutenant

I completely agree with this. I built a hangar for my GV on a little hill and a ramp up to it. Everytime I tried to fly in I destroyed the front of my vcehicle and the ramp itself.

Davis likes this.
  7. Nicro

Nicro Ensign

I Agree with Prawn that there should be some sort of automation to the game, with tubes, or convoys that could transport items around. Also auto harvesters and auto miners, so you could place out a machine to either harvest finished products and put them inside a cargo container or mine all ores in a deposit. Maybe also Drones that could move items from one base to another or into space. Then you could create factories on planes that mined there resources or grew plants for you and you only had to pick up the products once in a while.

8. Shroomworks

Shroomworks Ensign

I think allowing CV's on planets should be allowed. However,i do suggest to only allow CV's up to a certain mass to enter a planets atmosphere. That way we could have transport ships to get GV's,personell,material etc. onto the surface.

Geneticus likes this.
  9. imnebuddy

imnebuddy Lieutenant

I tried starting up a game, and the screen disappeared. I can't end the process of the game, either, so I am going to have to look for other ways. If this is a bug in the game (the in-game, but the game itself as a process), I hope this helps.

10. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Everyone please bare in mind that this game is NOT alpha, we are playing the PRE-Alpha, Please keep suggestions coming but post them to the suggestions sub thread so that the Dev's will see it, Also if you find bugs even minor ones please report them ASAP on the bug report thread.

Note when reporting a bug there is a file you can add which will help the devs a great deal.
    Find the steam games directory, Usually this is with the subfolder "%appdata%", either in roaming or local depending on install, Find the Empyrion games folder, Inside find the Empyrion Data folder, Inside you will find a file called "output log", its a text file and very small. Whenever you come across a bug please quit out of the game (as this output file updates as you play and further play will make it harder to identify the issue your reporting), locate this folder and upload it with a bug report using the upload file button right of the post comment button on the bottom of the write in box. Once you have uploaded the file you can continue playing again as normal, depending on how badly it errored.
    If you wish to you can also take screenshots by pressing F7 in game, the screenshot are located in a screenshots folder in the Empyrion Directory aswell, you may need to resize them in windows paint or other program before uploading.

Just some helpful hints to aid the Devs in finding and correcting bugs.

mcsproot likes this.
  11. BlackStar7713

BlackStar7713 Lieutenant

This IS the feedback section, isn't it? If not, where are we to put our suggestions?

Eviscerator likes this.
  12. Prawn

Prawn Ensign

Yea I would of thought part of giving feedback is giving suggestions e.g I think x this maybe you should do y to fix x.
    But there is an actual suggestions thread just not in the CPA section.

13. Dark Angel Gaming

Dark Angel Gaming Ensign

I'm not sure if someone else covered this, but I would really like to see a different fuel source. as a lot of people know, water (H2O) Breaks down and gives you fuel and air. even if that fuel doesn't burn as long as the original fuel, you get twice as much allowing you to sustain your base on a planet allowing you to use the main fuel for your mother ship.

14. GHOST

GHOST Ensign

So ive been playing since alpha started and im impressed over all survival was never my thing im a creative type of gamer but empyrion survival kicks some serious butt i caught on to the basics so fast and the life going on around you is great over all im addicted keep up the good work

15. Fellangel

Fellangel Ensign

Some weaker lights on your helmet would be nice to. Just something to help identify the things around you in the dark.

16. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Yeah, Jayco tries hard, but...never been impressed with his mind.

Personally, I'd like to see a working pause for singleplayer.

17. Fellangel

Fellangel Ensign

Do you mean a pause that works, or one where you can pause the game but still perform actions?

18. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

A pause that freezes the game, so you're not being attacked or consuming oxygen, food, and power whilst you're taking a dump.

19. Fellangel

Fellangel Ensign

The pause button on my keyboard appears to do this already.

20. imnebuddy

imnebuddy Lieutenant

Please explain this key. Is it a special key, or are you referring to one that is on every keyboard?

Edit: Wait, I see pause on my keyboard (it's on right shift (laptop)).

Edit 2: What I have to do is push fn and right shift to make the game pause. Personally, I feel this is too difficult for such a simple task. I would like to move my hand/finger just a little to access the key (like esc), but having to move both of my hands to pause the game is unnecessary. I would like to change the key for pause in the control menu.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015