General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Imagine how cool it'd be if Planetary Bases could fire all the way into Orbit & CVs in Orbit could Bombard the Planet. :D

Supercrab likes this.
  2. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

and if they also add beam weapons it would be really really cool to shoot a planet with one. also i hope u can dig way more deeper.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Huginn

Huginn Ensign

I think this goes here? some feedback on a couple piloting things.
    I find the rolling to be a bit awkward, mostly with SVs but also with HVs when they hit a bump or something. This is similar to an issue I had with Space Engineers actually. Piloting with the mouse it's very easy to get tilted a little but much more difficult to fix it. It feels like at first it doesn't want to roll at all and then it suddenly wants to start doing flips. The simple fix, I think, would just be to make the roll keys more responsive, lessening the apparent delay and also maybe not giving the ship so much inertia. This would go a long way towards making the flying just feel good, in my opinion. My personal ideal solution to this would be to map rolling to the mouse wheel, having it be just as responsive as pitch and yaw and being able to control all rotation with just the mouse. I could see that being a lot more work though.
    The other thing, aiming with the HVs' fixed guns seems more awkward than necessary. With the vehicle wanting to level itself out, aiming up or down it's always fighting you with the pitch. I've been able to compensate by putting the front and rear hover engines very close together, but I don't think that should be necessary. Maybe make holding shift or ctrl temporarily hold the pitch steady?

4. Tyrax Lightning

Default Key for Auto-Rotate to have your Vehicle level itself out & hold it to hold levelness is "O"... though I found that awkward & unusable immediately & Rebound it to a Thumb Mouse Button. I gotta fancy schmancy Mouse that has 2 Buttons on its left where your Right Hand Thumb naturally rests (I'm Right Handed. I dunno if there's Left Handed Versions of such Mice or not.) & I use the closer of the 2 to my Thumb's Base for my Auto-Rotate function. Furthermore, HVs with any Mining Drills attached have a bonus function added awhile ago, which I forget the name of off the top of my head & i'm too lazy to look it up, but ya press Auto-Rotate + Left Shift when your HV is at an Angle & it holds that angle for ya... though at the cost of losing ability to turn left or right & be limited to facing that direction + strafing & going forward & backward. Repeat this Button Command to toggle it back off. Also ya can be holding Auto-Rotate then while held level press Left Shift to do the same & lock your HV into level flatness being held in... useful for digging straight forward tunnels.

Kassonnade, TheTinyMan and binhthuy71 like this.
  5. Huginn

Huginn Ensign

I hadn't thought of mapping auto-rotate to a mouse button, that's a good idea. Although I don't always just want to level off of course. And locking angle will be good to know for mining, less useful for attacking POIs.

6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Tyrax Lightning, I didn't know about the Auto-Rotate + Left Shift combo. Thank you!

7. TheTinyMan

TheTinyMan Ensign

@Tyrax Lightning ... Yeah, I didn't know about Auto Rotate + Left Shift either. (In fact I never remember about Auto Rotate when I'm playing, either) I think that you just changed my world, friend! :)

8. Dragonfyre

Dragonfyre Ensign

One thing this game desperately needs is optimization. I don't care about improved AI, or even new blocks. I want to be able to fly my size class 15 above 4 fps on a server. (Even when you have a GTX 1070)

9. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

I find the New Armor Locker Models Repulsive - Can we have the old one's back please? The Sharp Corners are bad enough but the fact the CV/BA one isn't even symmetrical is aesthetically unpleasing.

OR

here's a really genius idea: let the builder decide which model to use similiar to the legacy cockpits.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  10. vxsote

vxsote Commander

I know this would probably be more helpful if I had a blueprint to share (maybe I'll get one uploaded later), but I wanted to post while I was thinking about it. Hover boosters do basically nothing on a heavy HV. While I'm not sure that boosters should even really be necessary, they're extremely helpful (on a smaller HV) for getting un-stuck when your HV behaves badly over uneven terrain.

I made a walk-in HV with a modest amount of armor (~3 layers thick of hardened steel), intending to use it as a tank. I had no trouble putting enough hover engines to keep it floating. It does require quite a few thrusters and RCS, but for a tank it moves well enough. But with ~6 hover boosters on the bottom, it takes forever for them to charge and then when I use the boost it's like a mouse bumped his head on the bottom of the tank. It's not really much fun to drive the thing around on terrain with lots of potholes because I end up spending more time trying to get unstuck then I do actually moving (and HV movement speed is already painfully slow).

11. Tyrax Lightning

Not only would it be nice if Hover Boosters had a bit more Brawn, but also I still pray to Arceus for a fix to the Bug causing Forward Thrust to cancel out Hover Boost Force making it impossible to Hover Boost & Drive Forward at the same time to 'HV Jump'. :(

Also, it helps to anticipate when the HV is about to have to drive up something & Mouse Up the Nose into the Uphill. ;) (I also think this works as valid HV Driving Skill Cap Mechanic...)

12. Triblade

Triblade Ensign

When in a vehicle and pressing V you get the 3rd person view. When exiting this vehicle in 3rd person, your character perspective is also 3rd person.

What I would like (and do expect) is to set the vehicle in 3rd person, but my character stays in 1st person when exiting.

This vehicle setting could be carried over to/shared with other vehicles, or they could all have their own separate setting. My point is to keep my characters perspective separate of whatever my vehicle setting could be.

Tyrax Lightning and Xenophon like this.
  13. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

Can we have "Turret Groups", please? ;)

Since you can only set the targets for each turrent alone, it is extremly frustrating to organize multiple different turrets on a (large) ship. Especially when circumstances change (maybe even infight?).

E.g. I might want to destroy the turrets on one enemy and just the core on another.

I suggest showing the targeting controls on a group that has atleast 1 turret in it and then applying these settings to all turrets in that group.

old_guy, Ballard, Mortlath and 2 others like this.
  14. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

Manual device panel sorting.

Most of the time the devices are sorted by name, but sometimes they are not. It would be nice to have more control over this behavior or even custom arrangement (Up and down buttons to move the devices).

Also the groups are apparently sorted by name, but then why is "Turrets_Heavy" after "Warp".
    I would expect the order to be "Turret, Turrets_Heavy, Warp".

15. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

I want so you can actually seat down and use the chair. and that you can actually "sleep" in your bed. just pressing f or t (depending on your key for using something) dose not feel like you are using it.

Mortlath and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Trevor

Trevor Ensign

Suggestion:

Allow players to name their containers (cargo boxes, fridges, armor stands, etc).
    At present the 'P' UI allows for access to containers for relatively easy movement of items to and from containers & inventory. However, when you're dealing with a base/CV with many containers it's impossible to know which one you want to access without going in and out through the list. The ability to name them - like you name ships and the base itself - will really help with organising and finding stuff.

The name could also be shown when the player walks into 'open' range of each container.

17. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Put them in a group Trevor. Then you can name them.

18. Trevor

Trevor Ensign

Good idea - I'll use that for the interim. I still think naming would be nice as it could show when you're standing in front of the device.

19. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Do you mean something like a tooltip that pops up? That would be interesting.

Mortlath and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Tyrax Lightning

It's already been begged of the devs to have the Post-Naming of the Item be what shows up as the Label when looking at the Item with your Crosshairs instead of this same thing never being willing to show any name other then its Default Designation... ESPECIALLY for the sake of Named Item Boxes. Here's to hoping we get this someday.

old_guy and Mortlath like this.