General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. RobDog

RobDog Commander

Be more cautious and you won't loose your ship (except bugs or npc). Sorry you lost it that way, starting over can be a pain... but it is pre-alpha..

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Nice ideas... picked this up and started a discussion: http://empyriononline.com/threads/solar-and-interstellar-travel-suggestions.666/

3. Kaltonse

Kaltonse Commander

I would like to suggest that drills be unable to remove blocks not owned by the player. I find that it is incredibly easy to access NPC buildings and to avoid NPC defenses using a drill to simply "right click away" the obstacle. I believe that in order to get through blocks not owned by the player a player should have to use some sort of weapon or explosive.

As far as weapons are concerned rocket launchers would definitely be perfect for getting through doors or walls. The implementation of breach charges or some sort of C4-like explosive would also allow entry to "enemy" structures.

Flip likes this.
  4. JayCo

JayCo Commander

The block destructions system is WIP it will be changed and more challenging with refernce to enemy bases and installations.
    The planetray system currently is just restricted for testing and early alpha when its initiated, In the near future (possibly August ish or September UNCONFIRMED) we will be in a bigger area, more distance between planets, hopefully bigger planets and moons. But this is all in the future.
    Travel between solar system and solar system is still being worked on but there is a design in mind already, however feedback and ideas are always welcome. I just created a new thread for planetary ideas.
    Also reemmber this thread is for general ideas, if you have any specific like for weapons, planets, crafting etc please use the pre made threads as this helps us corilate ideas, otherwise suggestions might be missed, or overlooked, especially as these threads get longer and longer.
    Thanks.

mcsproot likes this.
  5. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

I agree yet also disagree. I agree that there should be some way to prevent folks circumnavigating defenses (PvE or PvP) by drilling a backdoor. Yet I still think there should be the option to be able to dismantle a ship/base once it's been defeated. Perhaps a system where drill removal does not work or takes many many more strikes to remove a block so long as the object has an AI Core not belonging to you on it. Once the AI core is destroyed, the object becomes neutral and open to dismantling.

Could be something to take into account with PvP base designs. Place several cores as backup, with one perhaps hidden underground with many layers of armour on top.

R3k7'em likes this.
  6. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

In before drilling tunnels underneath alien obelisks and raiding them from below.

In all seriousness, you're going to need integrated 360* defenses in PVP, as well as defense in depth. I suppose an ideally designed and defended base would be built like an onion or a jawbreaker, just layers of armor shells and turrets between the walls.

7. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

True point, sapping/tunneling and counter sapping/tunneling have been used in recent history and are probably still used today.

Perhaps bases/AI cores could exert some sort of zone of control, which would hinder digging activity of enemy players within that area.

8. imnebuddy

imnebuddy Lieutenant

I like this idea better. I imagine the bases in pvp mode being shielded by a slightly weak force field (not actually, but in my imagination). Having to destroy it with a drill could work for many many times, but other weapons would be better.

9. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

If protections are implemented, I hope they have breaching charges or a deployable block that counteracts the field. No option should be cheap, but there should be something with more...elegance and finesse available than simply spamming rockets or bullets.

10. RobDog

RobDog Commander

Claim blocks. Once placed, only owner/ faction can digg/change the terrain at a certain radius. This would require the attack to focus on the base and finding the cores and claim block from the surface. Just an idea, I'm sure there's plenty of reasons it will not work... but maybe some iteration of it will. This is what they did in 7 days to die and it works well.....

11. imnebuddy

imnebuddy Lieutenant

I absolutely agree. Another idea I suggest (but may be hard to implement and satisfy the safety from spammed rockets and bullets at the same time) is an EMP. This may need to be very expensive to create so that EMPs aren't spammed and bases become easily taken over.

In a Star Wars book I read, it described the force field made in the Battle of Naboo as resistant to any fast moving large object (i.e. large rockets), fast moving small object (i.e. laser bullets), and slow moving large objects (i.e. vehicles). In the Battle of Naboo, only droids were able to get through until the force field was taken down. Maybe this can be applied to Empyrion Galactic Survival. Only players can go through a force field, but anything else can't destroy it until an EMP is used or the object creating the force field is destroyed.

The force field could initially be weak and be vulnerable to other attacks as well, and the strength can be upgraded as the resource needed to make it work is used. Fuel Packs could be used, and they will run out more quickly the higher the strength the force field is set to.

12. RajkoX

RajkoX Commander

If the planets would be big enough, planetary systems also big enough, distances appropriate, and more (many) planetary systems to jump to, it would be very hard to find an opponent, especially if he is clever enough to hide his base among asteroids, deep in the ground of totally unimportant planet (here they can add energy emitting feature that sensors can detect, for bases and ships too), etc. so in that case everything should be destructable, no claim blocks etc. But what we really need is SV should be much more maneuverable, now it flies like WW1 plane, so the people can defend their base. What I am trying to say, I would really like to build a base on a planet in Elite Dangerous universe.... but it is pretty impossible, right...

13. Kelshark

Kelshark Ensign

I thought I had lost my save after changing the Player Name field. I feel there should be a way in the Main Menu to figure that out. Like either with 'creating' players and having a dropdown menu with created profiles. Or have all the saves visible with the associated profile name written with it.

14. MAKSIM

MAKSIM Ensign

Welcome to my mail on June 15 came message-
    on the implementation of pre-order on 16 June will be sent a letter with the code reference ...

then the June 26 has not received a message with an access code and a link to download the game ... I ask you to look into this issue .
    thanks in advance

15. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Might want to try posting that in a more relevant forum? And possibly give more detail, such as when you'd pre-ordered.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  16. scarfell

scarfell Ensign

So far i am finding the game great, especially considering its early state. Ive had a couple of small bugs here and there but nothing serious and no crashes so far. I know a lot of features are yet to be implemented but for know the game is very fun to play. Gathering resources is not to easy but to to hard and it a good balance how ever i do feel there should be more and bigger deposits especially for stuff like Iron.

What i feel should be added ASAP
    Nothing much for now. Mainly the ability to go into space and other planets separate from other players (you dont all have to be together) but its not that important for now

Bugs i had
    Random squares of missing texture on planets
    i got out of my hovercraft on the side of a hill and fell through the world but a relog fixed
    lastly i flew a capital ship into a planet and once i was there all three planets merged into one with squares of the lava and snow planet scattered all over

Overall thoughts
    i am very happy so far. Its a very stable and feature filled alpha for the time and the development rate is good

keep up the good work :D

Captain Jack II likes this.
  17. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

If you ever played Wurm, you would know of an inherent problem with the no dig rule. In the game the two rarest metals (gold and silver) can be completely blocked from others by simply putting a deed on that spot of ground. Put a small base on all available minerals (can't remember name at the moment) needed for power. and you can wait out most other players until their power runs out. So, by putting a core (encased in a thick layer of armor) on much needed minerals can be an unfair tactic for PVP imo. But, that is up to you guys, I prefer PVE play myself.

I know you guys are ready to start annihilate each other, but i do hope that players who don't want to be in PVP can and will be left alone to play PVE only. It wouldn't be fair if a PVE planted a force field on a mineral spot, but also not fair if they have to deal with PVP's . So I do hope in the "final" game version the two types can be separated from each other.

18. Dmitrij

Dmitrij Ensign

Please tell me how to play multiplayer?

19. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

Right now you have to get someones IP addy and log in with them.

20. Dmitrij

Dmitrij Ensign

I just couldn't find where the shortcut create server