General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

I prefer Linear cutting charges but it is a 'What makes you giggle' situation.

geostar1024 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

BTW, when does zergling season open? I'd like to get my quota.

Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  3. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Open Season. They will make more :p

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Track Driver

Hot Damn! I'm off!

Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Speaking of Recon... i've long wished for Disposable Recon Drones. Flying Blind into the Unknown with one's Face really isn't a Strategy, when considering what kinda things can happen to a person blindly blundering in instead of actually thinking before acting...: PvP Foe Ambush Points... Previously unknown Faction/Alien Checkpoint... Black Hole devouring that System ya were pondering checking out that ya didn't Detect from far away (We aren't all playing Eggheads for Characters...)... Horrible Infestation of Space Parasites... Pulsars flying through that could nuke ya to hell... Pretty Pink Pony Princesses that could try to Polymorph ya into some ugly Googly-Eyed Freakazoid... Space Punk Teen Pranksters ready to totally splatter you Pink all over then Toilet Paper ya... :p

Even in Today's time, it's Military Tactical Sense to at least try to gather Intel on an area before doing any serious Op. It is NOT Strategy to LEEEEEEERROOYY JEEEEENNNKKINNSS!!! around all over the place & act entitled to the right to be completely invincible for no reason at all whatsoever. Even Warriors don't get to never think & get away with it. ;)

To be fair, it is correct that in 99% of Cases Star Trek Ships can't fire & be Stealthed at the same time... but a Ship can fire from Stealth as an Alpha Strike accepting that doing so will end the Stealth thus the Stealth Breaks & stays disengaged as the Alpha Shots are fired... It's still of tactical use having the possibility to get to choose your fight & Alpha Strike from a Angle & Positioning hopefully advantageous to the Stealther but at the same time that way one is not dealing with 'Murder from Invisible Ghosts' either. :)

6. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

One of the Romulan BOP's and a Klingon BOP can launch projectile weapons IIRC. May have changed in the past couple of years since I've played. However, these instances are the Outliers in the genre and Always treated as exceptional. Let's Just Skip it.
    Let us not create a 'Rouge' class Please?

7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I've been working on a sensor system proposal that incorporates all of these points:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/sensor-system-proposal.36353/

spacefarmer and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Track Driver

'Rouge' as in dab your face with reddish powder??

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Rouge or rouge, whattever ya want ta call the skulkin pansies. ;)

10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

"Rogue" is the term you're looking for, I think. . . .

11. Tyrax Lightning

I too am fond of using the word "Rouge" as a way of talking about Rogues that try to be Rogues but end up sorry excuses of such... whether be via "Butterfingers", Incompetence, misunderstanding of the definition of th word "Stealth", or other such things that make such a Individual or Individuals the total opposite of a real badass Rogue. I've in the past tried to spread this around & promote adoption of this Definition of the word Rouge*, but no go... never managed to take. It was only significantly after that that I learned of Rouge also being the name of a Color... in this particular case some kinda variant of Red.

*Idea inspired by my Observations of Rogue Wannabes trying to be any good at being a Rogue even though they couldn't even SPELL "Rogue" correctly & "Rouge" was the most common way it ended up misspelled...

12. Track Driver

Okay, that takes care of Roguish Rouge. Now can anyone here tell me WTF a Gravity Cannon is (within the confines of EGS)?

13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

a series of gravity generators so situated to accelerate a players avatar to a velocity somewhere in the neighborhood between 'WEEEEEEEEEEE!' and 'HOLY #*$@'

14. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

That's a valid point. I guess disabling and an immediate attack is good enough. It would be nice if it auto-disabled as soon as you start attacking.

15. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

16. Tyrax Lightning

Yep, this. :D

I got to try one of those dudes out once long ago in a past Era of the Game when the Player on foot was allowed to have the Interface Info up for their current Speed & when I shot myself outta one of those Gravity Cannons my Speed exceeded 1,000 ms! :D

To put that in perspective, that's more then 3x the Max Speed of Godmode Flight Speed while holding down Left Shift + Left Ctrl. :p

Track Driver likes this.
  17. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

My God He's gone to Plaid!

18. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

One suggestion as a beginner: make the starter bike a hover bike. The combination of the buggy and clunky mechanics of the wheel system, plus playing on multiplayer starter planets, where everyone is digging random holes all over the place, make for a very annoying experience. I feel a hover bike would be very simple to switch in, just adding two small hover thrusters where the wheels are, and would hopefully eliminate a lot of the issues that the bike has currently. Plus it is logically inconsistent that you can have a motorcycle, but no other wheeled vehicles.

Track Driver, Morrigan, T431 and 3 others like this.
  19. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

A man cannon would be excellent.
    Also, in addition to the pineapple chunks I asked for last time, I think a bookshelf with books on it would be nice.
    And maybe a drinks globe.

20. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

I always thought that the idea there was to have a technical progression. ie start off walking, build a motorbike, then eventually hovercraft.
    I think I'd like to see more options for wheeled vehicles, or tracked, in future

NovaXP, Hicks42, Kassonnade and 2 others like this.