General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Ensign

Suggestion for the radar dish (not currently supported):
    On a base, it reveals the planet map (resource and POI's) -- perhaps for your hemisphere or quadrant (incentivizes the creation of multiple bases).
    On a ship, it reveals the location of resource asteroids while in orbit.

The new larger planets are great, but exploration is too onerous now, and resource nodes and POI's are too spread out. Finding asteroids in orbit is ... almost hopeless. Thank god for the console 'map' command.

2. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Ensign

Personally I love the restriction of spawning on a base. Otherwise there is not much point in making a base at all - just go right to CV. It also prevents going to the moon with the little looter prefab SV and spawning a mining HV from thin air. Without this restriction, the progression ladder doesn't really work. And I get it, this is science _fiction_ but ... it is somewhat more realistic to have some infrastructure in place (i.e. shipyard) to make something that today takes the combined effort of humanity or an Elon Musk with billions of $ of venture capital and 4000 employees.
    btw, your pad has to be >= than the spawn box of the CV, not just the footprint of the CV.

Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. ded6moroz

ded6moroz Lieutenant

Empyrion_2018_05_16_00_13_39_855.png I really NEED to start a new game, as devs said! =))

P.S. Loaded pre-phase 4 save and here we are. Quest cannot be completed even on MID-part of TITAN. It just doesn't want to admit that I've found it. Don't do like I did. =)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Would love to see some system where we can have some sort of rechargeable battery packs that are filled by the solar panels.
    Take them somewhere, use them, when they run down plug them back into the solar panels to re-charge.

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Rechargeable battery packs in general would be very useful; all handheld tools and energy weapons could use them instead of the sprawling mass of different ammo types we have right now.

6. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Thats actually a use I hadn't considered, but agreed - that would be very useful

Tyrax Lightning and geostar1024 like this.
  7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Another idea: Power Suit with Battery... when it gets low, go to Solar Panel & swap Battery with fresh charged one from Panel while plugging in drained one to charge back up. ;)

Screw having to stand there staring at the Solar Panel for 5 minutes.

This too. Would also come in handy as an idea if we ever got Lightning Weapons! :D (Not to mention actual real Frickin Laser Beams...)

EightyEighty and Track Driver like this.
  8. Caathrok

Caathrok Ensign

I would like to see a device implemented for Bases (only) where, as long as there is a % of o2 in the atmosphere it will gather and fill the o2 tanks/a seperate unaccessible o2 storage.

Something to work as an alternative to using terrain placeables. I am talking the solar panel/capacitor of o2 generation where you gotta put up enough o2 condensers to maintain your base, and once your base gets too big your gonna have to go back to making it from water/filling up tanks/etc.

I think allowing them on anything other than bases would unbalance it, btw.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  9. Tyrax Lightning

Alternatively, maybe Ventilators exposed to outside breathable Atmo could suck Air in & filter & purify it then use it inside...? :D (Unsure if this is even Codeable...)

Track Driver likes this.
  10. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Wouldn't they be a vulnerability in PvP? If someone ventilates your ventilators then you're wearing your helmets until the things are replaced.

11. Caathrok

Caathrok Ensign

kinda thinking the same thing.

I just want to be able to build a (pve) public permissions farm where it supplies it's own power and air without me coming back every so often to refill the o2 before the plants die.

Also, can we get persistent public waypoints?? :p

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  12. Tyrax Lightning

That's why ya hide them & don't make them obvious silly. ;)

I'd go into detail, but then i'd be spilling Classified Secrets of mine. :p

You're being silly too... Ventilator or two on the outside, Thick Walling, Ventilators on inside. ;)

Track Driver and binhthuy71 like this.
  13. Caathrok

Caathrok Ensign

Are you trying to tell me it already works?

14. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

If you're on a planet with breathable atmosphere you don't need a ventilator at all, even if it's airtight.

15. Caathrok

Caathrok Ensign

Ya, but my suggestion is intended primarily for living on non-breathable...

16. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

Ah, built-in O2 collection which the emergency generator assumes is always possible. Whoops.

17. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I see. <Lights firecracker> So the ventilator is like a buried thruster. <Throws firecracker, runs out of room>

Tyrax Lightning and geostar1024 like this.
  18. Caathrok

Caathrok Ensign

I mean, obviously an atmosphere without o2 or no atmosphere it wouldn't work, so... Maybe 2 different things, one electrolysis device which can be built in water (would require you to build in range of water/snow/ice), and a collector that can pull from atmosphere, and it doesnt fill tanks just provides o2 on demand up to a certain volume?

So, still useless in space, unless they add ice asteroids... But most planets and moons with an atmosphere or some form of h2o.

19. Tyrax Lightning

I kinda meant more along the lines of burying External Ventilators in 'Airshaft-like Holes' in the Build so they're no so easy for foes to sneak up to & place Explosive Devices on, or outright shoot out, yet still having Game Code LoS to the External Oxygen. ;)

Whether or not this'll ever actually become a thing is anyone's guess... I was just saying it's not a bad idea just cause having naked external visible Ventilators can be built into Creations when being smarter about your External Ventilator Placement & hiding is a totally doable thing.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Now that's downright roguish. :D I like alternatives to brute force structure attacks. Most of the time it's crack them open with an SV and then go in on foot to scoop out the filling.