General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Dmitrij

Dmitrij Ensign

3. RobDog

RobDog Commander

This may or may not be an issue as players will, most likely, not start on the same planet... I'm hoping that in PVP we have the option to start in a spawn ship with basic materials. This way we could go to different planets to start out with... I believe that the multiplayer stuff is still in concept, so any discussions right now is more or less just speculation and wishes...

R9B

4. grognon

grognon Lieutenant

Sorry bro for not using the edit option :oops:
    1/ Sugar cane as we use for sugar look like this one: [​IMG]
    It's not look like that, as we have ingame actualy: [​IMG]

2/ Why we are not able to stack harvested plant like aloe, egg plant etc... ? it's took so much space in inventory . We can now stack 50 bottle of oxygen but not some sticky fresh aloe :eek: !

5. RobDog

RobDog Commander

Your 2nd pic is of what is known "in game" as corndogs. The sugar cane looks like it should as far as I can tell.

Eviscerator likes this.
  6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

It would be nice if the blueprints would also remember whats in the inventory slots of all the different machines and devices, like batteries.

7. Xentor

Xentor Captain

We can not stack "fooditems" because they have a spoiltimer, whitch starts when you harvest the object.
    What meants, eatch harvested Fooditem has a different timevariaqble, what makes them incombatible under eatch other.
    So not stackable.

mcsproot likes this.
  8. Ticonderoga

Ticonderoga Ensign

After several days of (game) running around the world, I came to the conclusion that would be nice to see at least some some automation. It would be great if players could make drones for a variety of jobs. Mining operations, defense, care of animals (pets hope in future there will be), refueling and oxygen. It is even possible repair and construction drawings. This would give the opportunity to engage in space exploration, fighting a hostile environment, politics (eg with other players), without the need for 90% of possession worn on the base with a bunch of balloons and engage in cooking pizza.

grognon likes this.
  9. RobDog

RobDog Commander

I stand correcting myself, the sugarcane in game does look like the second photo you posted. It was not like that in the previous build. But, it is "space" sugarcane so who knows.......

grognon likes this.
  10. Games4Kickz

Games4Kickz Lieutenant

I'm only mentioning it to suggest an option for that. In ARK for example food spoils but also stacks. Each stack, no matter the size, starts a spoiling timer and when it reaches Zero, One item of the stack is removed and spoiled and the timer is reset.

Basically the timer is not against the item itself but against the array/stack of items. Therefore if you create 10 separate stacks you get 10 spoiled food at the same time but if you decide to stack the meat you get some type of preservation while the "top layer" spoils.

I would like something like that as it also means I don't loose all my meat I just took 30 mins to farm to spoilage in one go before I got home and had a chance to get it into the fridge.

I know this is not ARK and I know you guys have your own way of doing things. I'm just throwing it out there as food for thought :)

11. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

CATCH 22

The Devs get screamed at if they use ideas from other games and they get screamed at if they don't use ideas from other games.

Come on people. You can't have it both ways.

mcsproot likes this.
  12. Games4Kickz

Games4Kickz Lieutenant

I didn't scream?

I'm a software developer and pragmatic by nature so to me there is a huge difference between simply copying another game and implementing features based on functionality which worked well somewhere else and has proven itself.

I'm not saying food spoilage in ARK is proven I'm merely saying where there is a Will there is a way. The question then becomes, is there a Will ?

grognon likes this.
  13. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

Figure of Speech. Is COMPLAIN better?

LOL. Just saying. I've heard this for the last few months. Since last NOV.

14. Games4Kickz

Games4Kickz Lieutenant

Its not a figure of speach to tell someone they are shouting and it is incorrect that the post was a complaint! I merely offered a suggestion as food for thought. Do with it as you may but do not make incorrect accusations and untrue statements about the post.

Eviscerator and Khurune like this.
  15. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Are you saying that you are not able to play the game????

16. JayCo

JayCo Commander

you cannot create a server, basically someone starts up a single player game and other can join in, We experimented last week with a steam integration where you can simply click on friend in steam and invite to game or join game but it created a lot of issues which we now have to resolve so we swapped back to the previous method again, we are working hard on getting it to work better and easier.

mcsproot likes this.
  17. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well i brought up about the perishable food being stackable before but it was deamed not an issue because other games have sold millions of copies without having perishable food stackable, But upon hearing that a more recently released game has got around it by perishing the whole stack one at a time instead of by each item I feel I can happily bring it back up again and have done so today. Lets hope the Devs go for the idea.
    This is how I have worded it...

Make perishable food stackable by making the timer relate to the stack and not each item, as the timer zeros out it resets again and 1 item (the top of the stack) is spoiled and removed to a seperate slot, By stacking perishable items it adds preservation to the entire stack but still allows it to spoil gradually one by one. Limit stack to say 50 like the oxygen bottles.

18. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

Whether you "screamed or not" is not the real issue. You are focusing on that one word out of my statement to draw attention away from the fact that you want them to incorporate another game's methods. And that is what i'm pointing out. Not whether you're screaming.

I do deeply apologize for the use of the word scream.

But if you would be kind enough to read earlier post from back a few months ago till now. You will see why I made that statement. And you are not the only one that statement is toward. You are not the only one in the forum.

I just wanted to point out --- That we have been down this road already.,......

Thank You.

Again, I am sorry for the poor choice of word.

And JayCo i'm not aiming at you either, it actually sounds like a good idea.
    I just got a little perturbed at how the dev's seem to get battered.

I've seen a few games start out good and got shipwrecked from too many suggestion.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  19. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Well thus far out of the hundreds of suggestions made to the devs they seem to have only taken a few on board that are relevant to their idea, the rest are filed away to look upon later, Our Dev team have a definate idea for their game and are sticking to it, we can rest easy knowing they have a plan of their own and will either make use of or disregard ideas as they see fit and not bow down to peer pressure from the community.

mcsproot and Games4Kickz like this.
  20. Games4Kickz

Games4Kickz Lieutenant

That is exactly how it should be.
    If the developer would not have their own plans I would worry :)
    I also only see now you have a specific suggestion forum and I will use that instead from now on if I notice anything during my gameplay worth a suggestion and it is up to the devs then to take it on board, put it on the backlog or use it as fire wood :)

RonanCloud likes this.