General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

A tiny bit of feedback about pistol... The survival tool's defense laser is far more reliable and a bit higher in dps. Pistol only takes a few shots until it needs a reload, and it's easy to miss. Bullets cost resources to make and laser does not so... Buff pistol. The laser is weak enough already, i wouldn't suggest making it even weaker instead.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. [DBH]*Whismerhill*{SSgt}

[DBH]*Whismerhill*{SSgt} Ensign

Hello,

the steam store page game specifications are seriously outdated, give them a review ASAP
    I have an I7-2600k + GTX760 2GB + 16GB RAM which is ABOVE recommended specs and I'm running on 40 to 50FPS on the FAST gfx preset
    e.g. the recommended should actually be minimum specs

I know the game is still in alpha so maybe you are planning performance optimizations... either way I think it doesn't cost much time to up the specs and will better represent what gamers should expect of this game, preventing the huge disappointment I felt while trying out gfx settings

Thank you very much for taking this into consideration

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Shivin

Shivin Ensign

Love the new Logistics, except the part when I craft in my constructor from my materials input box and the con makes subcomponents and then leaves them in my output box. Can you please fix it so they stay in the input box ty.

4. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

Coloring is 100% broken. At some point in a creative game you get some blocks that cannot be colored. They can be textured, but not colored, at all. They always turn white. Respawning the BP does not fix it. A new game and restarting and respawning the BP does not fix it. It may actually be a rendering issue, but whatever it is, it's a time sink for sure :D
    P.S. Even respawning the bp in a new game, removing the blocks and replacing the blocks doesn't work. And this is a fresh BP started in a fresh 9.1 save today. Removing the blocks causes an exception pop up. Adding different blocks beyond that causes more exception pop-ups. Eventually the old blocks just magically reappear, still white and uncolorable.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  5. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

The game is making progress, but I'm concerned about the lack of polish in each major patch requiring several weeks of hotfixes to address. I can't think of a single major patch release where it's been a smooth release that didn't require at least 3 hotfixes 2 days after the patch to address. If the game is serious about getting to beta, there needs to be better smoke testing of these changes before you release them. Maybe consider a stage environment where you mirror public release as much as possible, and attempt to "release" there, and see what breaks. I'm sure experimental is kind of that, but I notice you patch experimental a lot too. Something to consider.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Please lend a hand with Bug Reporting, finding, & squashing here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/ ;)

7. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Homing missiles in the handheld rocket launcher don't seem to home. Or maybe the issue is that they don't lock-on, or you can't control the lock-on.

Situation, a zirax solder for example is maybe 50m away shooting at you. Unless I target the ground under the mob, the missile always flies past it and there's never any indication of what target it will attempt to home in on.

The lack of HUD for drones is particularly ridiculous when you're in a ship or HV. If anything you should be getting HUD symbols for more targets, not less, as long as LoS is not obstructed. I mean you're supposed to have fancy future super high-tech stuff and even in modern times we can easily create heads up displays that display radar or image recognition information.

You shouldn't get a hud symbol if view is obstructed or if they're too far away, but certainly if something can be sensed and shown on your radar then you should get a HUD symbol.

Similar to the ore scanner, it might be worth providing different levels of HUD information depending on what is in your inventory. But I'd expect all ships and HVs to have a basic level of sensors and be able to display anything that's on the radar on the HUD too.

And speaking of HUD, homing missiles need lock on or target selection of some sort. Right now homing doesn't seem to do anything unless you're shooting at a moving drone or something, and I'm not even sure if that is working.

Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Also, flares are useless right now. The point of a flare is to make something visible from far away, but as things are you don't see them at all until you're very close. They should be visible as soon as the structure is inside the clipping distance, even if only as single pixels.

They're useless on a landing pad for example when you can't see them until you've already landed.

Bollen, Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Zafaron

Zafaron Lieutenant

I took a break from Empyrion for a while and have just come back recently. I just wanted to comment on the new behavior for SI blocks that have fallen off. This is so much better than before. I tend to salvage a lot of POIs and with this new behavior, you don't have to manually salvage every single block of the POI anymore, you can just cut off a fair sized chunk and then click on it when it falls down. Makes salvaging a lot less tedious. Really enjoying this. I wonder if maybe the duration the fallen chunks remain before they can be picked up could be adjusted though, maybe add another few seconds to how long they linger before they disappear? Possibly a configuration for that in game options or the config file?

Thanks again. Empyrion is still one of the best games I've ever played and you haven't even made it out of Alpha yet :)

ravien_ff and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

That can make it easier to get parts, but the disadvantage is that you get less stuff that way. Best way is still to put down your own core on the base and retrieve whole blocks. You can then use the blocks to feed the blueprint factory and get both 100% materials AND reduce production time.

11. Tyrax Lightning

To have Homers lock onto a target, ya have to have your Crosshairs right on the Target as ya fire. If ya DO have the Crosshairs right on the Target right as ya are firing & it still doesn't home in, Bug Report worthy.

12. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

That mostly defeats the purpose of a homing missile. That basically describes a missile that only locks when aimed perfectly, and then instantly loses lock when the crosshairs leave the hitbox. On top of that there's absolutely no feedback from the missile on whether it is locked or not. That's so unlike real guided missiles that they shouldn't even be called homing missiles. It's like calling an arrow a bullet just because the front is vaguely shaped like a bullet.

13. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

From 9.1 drones do not have HUD marking (F6). Reported it as a bug, but did not see any response.
    For me it have become difficult to spot the drones and see distance without using a weapon.
    So is this a bug or something have to whine about so can get it as an option?

They show up as red dots on the map as before. Where still have not managed to get them to change color when "dead/lootable".

14. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

No it's not a bug, it was intention and is in the release notes. The logic was that creatures on the ground don't have hud markers so drones shouldn't either. I think this logic is wrong because creatures on the ground aren't big metal objects in the sky, and even modern technology can do image recognition and mark things on HUDs so if anything more stuff should have HUD markers, not less.

The HUD is quite lacking for a sci-fi game with high tech. If anything there should be more HUD functions.

15. Tyrax Lightning

I've long been annoyed by it as well... it'd make more sense if they targeted what was in Crosshairs if anything as Plan A, then target nearest enemy signature as Plan B within certain radius around it. I currently don't know if this is ever gonna happen or not though. Homers as is are a Band Aid Fix Implementation.

Agreed. Organic Critters make sense to not show up cause they're all organic... Drones made sense to show up cause their Flying Electronics & Electronics can emit or be unable to hide stuff the HUD could pick up on.

16. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

I had an idea, and I don't know where to put it, so I'll put it here, and hope someone knows where to put it.

So I was thinking about SV passenger seats. Right now, passengers in an SV have no real task. In CVs and HVs they can man turrets to give them something more to do than just watch. However, since there are no SV turrets (yet), passengers in a SV could often get bored.

So I was thinking: Why not allow ship designers to assign fixed weapons to passenger seats?
    This would not only allow the passengers to do something, but also allow a 2-man SV with one person (pilot and gunner) to use, say, Gatling guns while fighting, while the passenger has access to a missile launcher, waiting for the perfect time to launch a volley of missiles. This would also allow a rear-facing gunner to provide aft defense in a multi-person SV.

You could assign weapons to passenger seats through the Control Panel, by clicking on the passenger seat, and it would have a drop-down menu on the right (where the light and turret options are when you select them), and the menu would have only the fixed weapons on the vessel. This would allow you to connect only one weapon to one passenger seat, and once connected, it denies the Cockpit access to that weapon.

17. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

I agree, however, I think that HUD markers should be limited to start with, and when you get certain items/are piloting ships with certain devices, the HUD should increase.

For example:
    When you land in your escape pod, you have a basic HUD: POIs show up at 500m (or whatever they're set at in the playfield).
    When you are holding a detector, POIs show up at 750m (or 1.5x what they're set at in the playfield.)
    When you're holding a Suit Radar (new item), Drones, CVs, SVs, and HVs show up at 500m.
    When you're holding a bio-scanner (new item), Creatures and Players show up at 150m.
    There should also be a higher tier "Omni-scanner" which functions as: a detector, ore sacanner, suit radar, and bio-scanner, all in one.

When you're piloting a HV, SV, or CV with a detector, POIs show up at 1000m (or 2x what they're set at in the playfield).
    When you're piloting a HV, SV, or CV with a radar (again, new item), Drones, CVs, SVs, and HVs, show up at 750m.
    When you're piloting a CV with a T2 Radar (CV only), Drones, CVs, SVs, and HVs show up at 1000m.

18. Tyrax Lightning

I like this idea. :)

It would work best here for ability to get seen by the Devs better: https://empyriononline.com/forums/suggestions.9/ :)

19. TULOA

TULOA Ensign

Seems to be an issue at least on the Empyrion US Server and creative there seems to be a collision issue with the Right Angle half cubes on SVs colliding as if it was a cube with at least CV blocks.

Tried to make it so that a SV could overlap a block on an CV but the empty spaces are still being treated as solid blocks and colliding with the CV block. I have not tested if this issue persists with CV versions of the same blocks yet.

[​IMG]

Yet the below doesnt collide:
    [​IMG]

But the last above does go down until the sloped blocks like so:
    [​IMG]

Also apologies in advance if this isnt the right section. I tried to find a bug report like section but I didnt search every cranny of the site though either.

20. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Not sure if this justifies a bug report, but I found a container in the buried Talon structure where you free the chief for the quest, and I didn't notice the warning until too late and lost a ton of rep. It makes no sense that an ancient buried high-tech structure that the Talons don't even know about would be considered their property and result in a loss of rep for looting anything. If nothing else, the buried structure should have no containers on it to begin with to avoid issues.