Get Support

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Hi,

Before i unban you i would like to know why you used this particular console command
    The one you used rases some doubts with me, as you should know you never have access to the SaveGame on ANY server and ANY game

Taelyn

2. Konastar

Konastar Ensign

Well, I didn’t make that link. I assumed that it would affect a local save "Save defrag" (intriguing name). Instead of googling what it was, I decided to give it a try, expecting it to either affect my local machine or give access denied like every other multiplayer game console that I have ever happened upon.

After more research I now realise why Empyrion doesn't block the console, but I made the assumption at the time that a permission system of some kind existed that would just “Access denied” or at the most a kick and warning, but not a insta ban.

I have also been informed by my brother that there are server rules in the lobby for the game, as I stated earlier I suck at reading and this is not your fault or problem.

If you don't wish to lift the ban due to concerns of my legitimacy that is perfectly fine, I understand I ran a small Minecraft server back in the day and it was a prick to stop hackers and just general dic*s, and you have a studio owned game server its not just a matter or protecting other players but a matter of reputation too.

3. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    We do block the console all commands have a permission level attached to it.
    The ban is just an extra messure on our Official Servers

There like 2 commands you can use, DI and DestroyMe

Your explantion satisfied me. Your ban is lifted

4. Konastar

Konastar Ensign

Thank you for your understanding, and again I appologise for this error. It shall not happen again.

Taelyn likes this.
  5. GrandpaGamez

GrandpaGamez Lieutenant

Having Issues with EAC kicking me out of the Server.
    This happens on both Vanilla Oficial and on RE servers.
    Assuming its EAC when I play on a Server without it I don't get kicked.
    With EAC its Random sometimes every few mins after logging in and sometimes I can play for an Hour but never a time that I do not get kicked in a gaming session.
    How do I document this to help yall help me figure this out. My name on Oficial Server is Jeff_B

6. GrandpaGamez

GrandpaGamez Lieutenant

Kicked this morning From Official US server just after restart. Can someone please help me in figuring out why this is happening?

7. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Hi,

I cant help you much here. Asking some players they have no problems. The servers run stable
    this is likelly an issue on your own end with either Steam or your ISP

Looking at the logs you attached in the other post they dont show anything either that could be the problem

8. GrandpaGamez

GrandpaGamez Lieutenant

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer my post!
    I am a bit confused so pardon my wall of questions in advance.

Should I rent a server So I can monitor both client and server-side?

What is that Error in that image?? I get Errors like that and I am Dropped is that client-side?
    Do you have any advice or suggestions for me?
    Do you have a Link to where I may get help from Steam or EAC?

I sometimes get EAC error messages sometimes the connection Just dropps.

I have moved so My original ISP was Comcast. now I am on Spectrum both were over 300 Down and 20 Up; with and without a router I have had the same Issues.. Started having this issue about 20017 or 18 I figured it was just a hiccup in the game code that would eventually get fixed so I didn't sweat it..

I know I am not the only one to have this issue because I see Reddit posts on this very topic. and that are all unresolved. can you at the very least pass this on to one of the developers or tell me what forum to ask for help in if you are at the limit of your abilities??

Again please accept my most sincere gratitude for any assistance or direction you are able to provide Taelyn!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  9. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    That is one possibility yes. Other possibilty is that i turn extra EAC logging ON at our server and after its ON you can play, trigger the issues and hopefully we can see something in our logs then

On what server you play from us? Then ill turn it on what will be effective at our 17 CET Dailys Reboot, so after you can try

The error is harmless, its about a missing function on the ControlPanel. Its not the reason why you get kicked

GrandpaGamez and Germanicus like this.
  10. GrandpaGamez

GrandpaGamez Lieutenant

@Taelyn Sundays are best for me to try... Joined your Discord Jeff_B#9996

11. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The extra loggin is ON on our US Server, so play there when ever you want. If you get dced by EAC straight away report here the time so we can look it up

12. Mons

Mons Ensign

Hi.
    Edit: Problem i resolved. Helpful moderator TP'ed me away.

My CV is stuck in the disc of stones orbiting a planet. I warped right into it and my ship stopped immediately. I walk around inside my ship and find meteors in different rooms. I can't mine them away. And they prevent my movement.

Server name "Eleon Game Studios - Official vanilla server" hosted by Nitrado.
    Player name: monsen75
    System / Planet: Getughi / Zeta 9554 II
    Attached a picture showing my problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    Taelyn likes this.
  13. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Ensign

For support requests keep in mind to:

*Player: Vitor Arbex
    * Server: "Eleon Game Studios - Official vanilla server" hosted by Nitrado.
    Problem: I was using wireless mode from my base, to place blocks on my SV. Most impotantly Warp drive and Pentaxid fuel tank, when the server or client crashed and i lost all items in the wireless toolbar, 4 landing gears, ~40 steel blocks, warpdrive and pentaxid tank.
    If it would be possible to restore the pentaxid tank and warpdrive it would be great and save me a lot of time.
    * Time: around round 13:47 BRT ~ 16:47 server time.
    * Base: ID: 8391128
    upload_2022-5-17_15-15-15.png
    * provide screenshots / videos

upload_2022-5-17_15-12-21.png

14. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Gave you the 2 requested items

Germanicus likes this.
  15. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Ensign

Thank you for the quick reply, and I'm sorry but messed up the report, reported the crash for the wrong server.
    I was on the "Eleon Game Studios - Official US server" when crash happened. Not Vanilla, my bad.
    I just noticed that since, I logged in and the drive was not there and I took a new screenshot with F7 to post here and saw the server name on the file name.

Logged in to the Vanilla server to double check and there was the drive you replaced me... -_-
    Well if that mess I made is fixable I´d be gratefull, if not no worries, I´ll just start a new experimental branch save and give it a go.

Again, Thank you a lot for you time and sorry for the trouble. Still getting the hang of the multiplayer and servers thing.
    Its already great to know the official server support works, if I manage to report the issue correctly next time something happens.

Ps. Just getting my feed wet with this game 50+ hours in, just started the multiplayer and it´s amazing what you guys created.

upload_2022-5-17_23-30-29.png

Attached Files:

Germanicus likes this.
  16. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Gave them on the US Server now

Germanicus likes this.
  17. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Ensign

Thank you very much, that helped a lot.
    But today I was doing the exact same thing, connected to base storage thought F4 logistics and using multiool to retrieve lots of blocks to remodel the SV frame, and the game client crashed again, and again lost everything on the wifi link toolbar. 10 thruster M + 3 landing gear.
    In 50+ hours in single player I didn't had the client crash a single time and now it crashed twice in two days doing the same thing. (Tho I was playing volume off in SP and didn't really use F4 logistics link at all so might be why it didn't crash)

But can't seem to reproduce it, I tried retrieving more blocks later and it worked fine.
    Although now that i know its client side, I see this is not the place to discuss that.
    If there is any data i can provide or test I can do on that issue let me know. I have a Ryzen 7 2700x, 32GB Ram, GTX 1660 6GB Vram, so don´t think its hardware related. Game runs fine performance wise.
    Is that a know issue? Any workaround besides not placing items that I'm not using on the wifi link toolbar?
    Again thank you for the help. (Never mind the items, I can build again)

18. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Things on the bar will vanish when you crash or DC. There is a protection build in to put it in the players inventory. But we have Volume and Weight ON. So you are limited by what you can cary, the rest will vanish.

Simply dont leave so much on this ToolBar

Vitor Arbex likes this.
  19. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Ensign

Thank you, I´ll keep that in mind from now on.

20. ForKingL

ForKingL Ensign

Hi

I can't connect to the vanilla server, I get to the "connecting to server" screen and then after about 10 seconds it just goes back to the menu screen, I did notice that when downloading the server specific files my client would only get a few of the files (most I saw was 15 files at a time) and exhibit the same behavior of dropping back to the menu screen, I'd have to repeat the process to download all of the files.
    I've cleared the cache and even deleted and reinstalled from steam but the issue persists, I can join other non official servers without issue, I was playing quite happily on the official vanilla server on 1.8 but it seemed to get messed up with 1.8.1
    Any ideas on what to try next?