Help needed Getting PDA to acknowledge core destroyed by explosive blocks?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by LiftPizzas, Dec 29, 2020.

1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I'm guessing I will have to find a workaround, but I'll ask just in case. What I have is a drone base whose (admin pre-damaged) core is taken out by throwing a switch which sets off an explosive block. If you go and multitool or shoot the core, the PDA checks off the item, so I know the PDA is set up correctly. I also found that an NPC core destroyed by a stray drone shot gets credited by the PDA.

Is there maybe a "block removed" or similar that might detect the explosive, or could I attach the condition to the switch or some signal logic?

Is there a complete list somewhere of PDA "action complete" triggers? The best I could do was a Find All using "Check:" in the default PDA.

Edit: I found "Signal" but cannot get the right syntax to make it happen. I tried copying the Signal's name under the Name: tag and no luck.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  2. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Here's the signal as it looks in the CP:
    CoreBlastSignal.jpg

Code:
    - ActionTitle: Drone Base Raid
                Description: "Proceed to the drone base on the starter planet. Upstairs there is a switch on the wall. Pull this switch to disable the drone base!"
                Check: Signal
                Names:
                  - CoreBlast
                  - ExplodeNow
                AllowManualCompletion: true
                CompletedMessage: "Boom!"
    I've tried the syntax variations on them that I found in the default PDA: +CoreBlast and '*CoreBlast'

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I highly recommend using eWPDA to set up your PDA, if you want. It makes things so so much easier.

But for your signal, you need to put a * in the front of it for it to be recognized by the PDA.
    So in the POI blueprint, rename the signals to *CoreBlast and *ExplodeNow
    Then in the PDA, you do not need to use the *, so just check for CoreBlast and ExplodeNow.

LiftPizzas likes this.
  4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

That did it, thanks. :)

I'll check out the eWPDA tool. I'm so used to editing via text (or hex) files, including ones not meant to be edited. :)

ravien_ff likes this.