GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. CapitanSurrender

CapitanSurrender Ensign

Also, naming a SV or Base and hitting "Enter" also opens the chat window at the same time. Infuriating

2. CaptainFortune

CaptainFortune Ensign

Still in prealpha I'm pretty much sure all these minor fixes will be done

3. Monteknight

Monteknight Ensign

Show the G force of the planet on the bottom left of your screen instead of "gravity On" plz :)

4. Kibbler

Kibbler Ensign

Can you please add an option to use consumables from the inventory menu. Having to equip multiple items like medicine or food is becoming quite tedious.

5. Greg

Greg Lieutenant

Later down the road (maybe late Alpha) I'd like to see, either as a development of the player/tech/suit or as an item or what have you, a HUD that would tell the player what they're looking at, in the environment, can be used for, what it is and the skinny on the stats (spoilage, hit points, power consumption... whatever is relevant).

I'm thinking it's mostly useful for new players for things you can harvest really, but it could develop into something more.

Here's a little sketch to help understand what's I'm trying to say:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  6. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Seems like that could be some sort of handheld scanner, or an upgrade for your suit. If the devs don't get to it, I expect modders will.

7. vsyeung

vsyeung Lieutenant

may be have a control console that you can build to automate this? There are also comments else where talked about having a binding system between stashes and constructors, so that we can have a conveyor belt system to craft things (the only way to make it worthwhile to have more than, say, 2 constructors at the same base). May be the two ideas can be combined into one control console, or a series of control console (Factory Command 1, Factory Command 2, etc.) that are increasingly automated?
    If we take it even further, may be the control console can be used to research new techs and blocks

8. vsyeung

vsyeung Lieutenant

XCOM autopsies come into mind! If they ever implement a research system, may be we can get increasingly more resources from the same action? E.g., killing a triceratop with no research gives you five meat, killing one with full research gives you 15 meat.

9. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Makes sense, the first time you kill an animal, you wouldn't know which parts are safe, so you'd probably just stick with a few samples. After properly researching a carcass, then you'd have an idea of how to efficiently butcher it. ....And potentially, extract useful chemicals and materials from anything you can't eat.

vsyeung likes this.
  10. phat420man

phat420man Ensign

Don't know if I'm missing something or not... but with over 90 hours of playtime and checking the control / keybindings after every update I still see no way to zoom in and out other than pressing V to change views. Being able to zoom out while flying a ship in 3rd person would be awesome not only for the visual of seeing your ship in flight... but also a great help with lining up for landings a bit smoother.

11. Greg

Greg Lieutenant

Try to hold Alt when you're in 3rd person view, then play with the mouse and the wheel.

FYI, it's been in the game since day 1.

Edit: y can also look around in first person when flying, so that cockpit... I think #3, now makes sense, kind of like a real life chopper.

12. vsyeung

vsyeung Lieutenant

even though it's pre-alpha, may be we need a control sheet to make sure everyone knows about all the controls. A strategy guide will be even better, but I think that will be quite furtile, as every major update's gonna change the strategic focus entirely.

13. phat420man

phat420man Ensign

ok thanks! i knew about the look around with alt but didn't try to scroll out with it :p

14. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

When driving SV CV HV there should be option in structure/ship Control Menu to be able to select any turret and mount (T) it by selecting from the list. Not just by physically "T" for each one.
    It would help to cooperate with gunners - other players unless you are not able to walk around the ship when moving.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  15. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

"Autosort" option on constructors or any cargo containers
    Button which auto sort mats by type, auto stack them

16. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

Option to "Rename" Constructors, Cargo Boxes, all cargo containers.
    Just to make personal label and be able to sort mats =)

17. Alo

Alo Captain

This!

I'd love it if constructors and cargo boxes had a small display so I can see at a glance which of the 20 cargo box I need if I want SV-materials (I'm in a large faction and we have a LOT of premade materials 'n such).

IsBatty likes this.
  18. 2metragluposti

2metragluposti Lieutenant

Could you please just lower the weapon a bit when it's reloading? If there is already take out/put away animation, just adding this seems trivial.

19. TVTAS

TVTAS Ensign

Hi,
    Since last update drones show up on the map as red arrows, which is pretty great, it helps to keep overview when mining for example.
    However, they do not disappear when shot down. This confuses me every now and then, since you are unsure if you're dealing with new drones, or if it's just the crashed ones you shot down already. I would like to see a color change of the map marker when a drone is disabled (grey for example).

Keep up the good work, drone markers on the minimap are a great feature!

20. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

- change production que without deleting all orders would be great
    - More hud informations would be helpful: eg you forgot to build a rcs; you need more thrusters...; visual landing help eg current height or pitch/collision warning eg i flip my cv on planet landings and dont get why it flips; firing arcs for ships/bases
    - ammo reserves on ship as info for bridge seat
    - better ui for base/ship building to avoid misclicking; everything which supports symmetric, precise and faster building; undo last step...
    - Visual help for filling/flattening areas; possibility do define flattening level instead of drilling down to australia

- Hammering "T" Button to pick up ore is annoying

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    IsBatty likes this.