Hi all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spirit_OK, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

I'm Russian, from Moscow, Russia, Earth, Milky Way :)

I'm working in IT as sysadm, have knowledge of programming, designing interconnected systems, and while everything is in check I like to read tech sites to keep myself updated on latest inventions. I really hope to live up to the day when neurocomputer interface would become a real thing!

Been gaming since 1993, mostly on PC, so my tastes are somewhat oldschool - bring in the streamlined gameplay with tough choices to make, and I won't care much about graphics. I strongly believe that people should help each other, not confront each other, so I prefer co-op and PVE over PVP just for the sake of it (and turn-based over realtime but that is not the case here). Also found myself as Explorer-Achiever by Bartle's typology, that is quite correct.

Lately I spent a couple of years in Terrraria and Starbound, familiarized myself with survival-digging-building-exploring, although building was never my thing, I always stop at simple and functional. Probably being surrounded with constructivism for all my childhood played its part in that :)

3D-survival ones like Minecraft, ARC etc. just didn't have the appeal to try them, until one day.. I installed Empyrion a couple of months ago out of mild curiosity and suddenly become so immersed that I even dreamt bricks for a while and when I had a short power outage IRL, my first thought was "Decompression! Are my plants alright?" :D

Since then I've been reading forums and hoping to enrich the community with my ideas :)

P.S.
    Sorry for my English, it's a bit rusty, and I sometimes struggle to express the exact thought I have in my mind.

2. MEKNET1977

MEKNET1977 Lieutenant

Welcome Spirit_OK!
    Nice to see that the community is getting bigger and bigger!
    Especially with someone who also has the spirit of COOP / PVE play. ;-)

Greetings from Bavaria!

rucky and eLLe like this.
  3. eLLe

eLLe Captain

And from Croatia!

MEKNET1977 and rucky like this.
  4. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

and from The Big Apple.

eLLe and MEKNET1977 like this.