Hover Vessels

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Here's a starter combat HV I made when I first started playing the game. Its mainly for self defence against drones and the like but its a good little run around that's about as stable on the move as a small HV gets and can be upgraded in terms of armour and turrets as you get further into the game.

There's enough room on the side pod's for another couple of turrets and if you delete some of the duplicate devices there's enough room for a construtor, though you'd have to do a bit of a move around with some other devices.

Workshop_2017-11-05_11-50-42.png Workshop_2017-11-05_11-51-16.png Workshop_2017-11-05_11-50-59.png Workshop_2017-11-05_11-51-35.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1192305819

Myrmidon, Needleship and rucky like this.
  2. Trig

Trig Captain

World eater
    25 laser drills (4 deco), 425 rcs, 158 thrusters, 38 hover engines. Not really sure how to describe it, just see the pics.
    Not meant for survival or MP or pvp or anything, just built cause I like building HV's. Brings in around 5000 stone a minute, clears a 16x48m area. Plenty of thrust for backing out vertically.
    Easily repainted to your favorite color with 1 click of replace all, on any blue block (had a hard time picking a color to upload).
    Can be stuck on the bottom of a CV, or docked normally on a really big one.
    workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194930305

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. Ivo Shandor

Ivo Shandor Commander

Helps if I posted this in the right forum. Here is my submission for a starting HV. One with a constructor and O2 station and one without. Razor.jpg Razor-MK2.jpg

Attached Files:

4. BigSnoopy

BigSnoopy Commander

Lil-Beast lvl5.png The next one from the family of Lil'Helpers.
    Maybe you know the Lil'Lootr or the Lil'Hover.

Now I introduce the Lil'Beast.
    A tiny little Scout and Explorer for smooth worlds. Lava isn't its favorite, because it's not airtight and climated. That's another hover - but still WIP

It is not for PVP and could be difficult to blast a POI with the Minigunturrets. But you can have some fun, and in later game with better turrets and upgraded armor much more fun :)
    Just have a look and, if you like it, please give a thumb. That's often forgotten
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229002174

Michpal, MEKNET1977 and Razorwire like this.
  5. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Most of the time, the “rust” looks more like a bad case of the pox, but you actually made it look more like camo. Very impressive!

6. Mana_Sean

Mana_Sean Commander

Attached Files:

7. Narpason

Narpason Lieutenant

Sobieski Spaceworks (formerly Daihatsu Spaceworks) is proud to present the first public release of our Hazardous Environment Combat Craft, (Land Raider class) the Cyclone™.

Where style meets slaughter, the Cyclone™ is sure to satisfy even the most discerning customers.

Enter a roomy interior and see how we at Sobieski Spaceworks (formerly Daihatsu Spaceworks) put space in space exploration

With armament of 6 turrets (or 4 turrets+artillery)* plus 2 fixed-mount gattling guns, our pilots showed 90% success rate** when assaulting alien outposts*** with just one craft.

Not a trigger-happy type? Swap some of the internal plates for a mobile constructor and oxygen station to enjoy total freedom in the Great Outdoors, even in airless surroundings. Pressurized cabin and double doors come at no extra cost!

Order your Cyclone™ today or visit us on Eris**** for a test drive.

*sold separately
    **lethality not guaranteed.dependent on user aptitude
    ***no aliens were not harmed during testing
    ****Dealership currently not operational due to extinction class event SRVRW1P3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1264741716
    20171224110223_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. Michpal

Michpal Lieutenant

9. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

A progression (at least in my survival game) of the starter SV that @rainyday posted, that I use a lot:

Aino Upgraded

Attached Files:

Sasquatch and rainyday like this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A level 3 starter HV I made that has 2 harvester modules, constructor, O2 tank/station, and spots to add optional chainguns and a spot to add a fridge. Cheap and fast. Hover engines are in a semi-triangular pattern to make it fly stable over rough terrain.
    Tested it on Sienna and it works great for breaking apart surface rocks for ores and killing wildlife for food and XP. Can travel up steep cliffs even with chainguns added.

It's my go-to first HV.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1231098207

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOLOS and monktk like this.
  11. Louco

Louco Ensign

Never posted any of my Driller because i saw many great ones around...
    But I've always felt like something was missing and that was a place where you can enter and work safely on the ship. So i made this one not only with airtight cockpit but also with airtight "trunk".
    I use to call this one:
    Deep Crawler.
    Test Deep-Crawler_2018-01-05_19-26-40.png

Its a lvl 10 ship. Version 7.x.x

It has 4 Gatling guns, 1 minigun turret, 2 ammo box... Enough offense power to kill any annoyance fast.
    6 Drill Module for fast drilling.
    NewGame_29_2018-01-05_19-19-17.png

1 Generator. Enough for this ship.
    6 fuel tanks
    26 thursters beeing B/F - 8/6 and L/R - 6/6
    8 RCS
    6 hover engines
    3 hover boosters
    This ship is fast, agile and even having a turret it has no problems going inside earth and coming back. Also 8 thrusters helps a lot when you need to go out the hole.
    One negative point: Although it has 6 tanks its not an economic ship on full use it reach 90% of generator power giving you around 150 min of use.

NewGame_29_2018-01-05_19-12-09.png

This ship has a tight place on behind where you can enter to work ;) Also, its air-locked so you can do everything without hurry and protect you from radiation and temperature variations.
    Into this small place youll find everything you need.
    6 harvester box (Guess its enough for a hover of this size)
    1 large cargo box (extra fuel, O2, weapons, anything)
    1 fridge
    4 O2 tanks/1 O2 station
    1 Constructor
    You have access to the ammo boxes and fuel tanks so no need to navigate throw menu to fill or take off any ammo, fuel etc.
    Also, because you can have access to most of things this ship has you can easily change the setup of the trunk. giving more normal box or more fuel etc. Just pay attention that some boxes are helping with the airtight so putting an fuel tank on his place may screw the airtight. As an example the cargo box on the floor.

Test Deep-Crawler_2018-01-05_19-27-20.png

Ressources used:
    Iron Ingot: 496
    Cooper Ingot: 380
    Silicon Ingot: 287

Its not the cheapest Hover but Its still very cheap and offer a lot.

Attached Files:

modemaya64 and GoldDragon like this.
  12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

There's another texture that can be made to look like camo- I think it's on the second page of metal, but tinted and combined with the brown or green speckle it will come out like this:

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960041873

13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

THE WAR-MONGER:
    =================

[​IMG]

I was in need of an Hover Assault Tank which can also fast-mine Meteorits (NOT Deposits!!) and strip down POIs after (re)core-ing it and can have a beating without falling apart.

Here it is:
    • Inspired from the ThunderTank from SuperKilln I build my bigger one with FULL Weapon and Mining amount and a Multi Turret added. That is:
      • 6x Gatling Guns
      • 6x Minigun Turrets
      • 4x Rocket Turrets
      • 4x Plasma Turrets
      • 1x Artillery Turret
      and
      • 6x Drill T2-Laser
      • 1x Multiturret
      All Turrets are leveled and/or side adjusted, meaning they can fire all at once at any target infront!
    • Still good manoeverability (for a hover war tank):
      • Main Thrust: 12m/s²
      • Reverse Thrust: 7m/s²
      • Lateral Thrust: 9m/s²
      • Hover Power: 62m/s²
      • Pitch: 2.21 deg/s²
      • Yaw: 1.99 deg/s²
      All Thrusters are exposed.
    • The usual survival and looting equipment:
      • 4x Ammo boxes
      • 2x Constructors
      • 10x Cargo boxes
      • 2x Harvester boxes
      • 5x Fridges
      • 2x Armor lockers
      • 1x O2 Station
      • 5x Passenger Seats
      • +1 Pilot Backup Seat
    • Heavy frontal armor (multiple layers, even the glass windows are NOT the only protection for the pilot ;)) will make sure the Team will get where it needs to go!
      • Enclosed Cockpit behind 1-3 layers of windows can hold some damage
      • Additional forcefield (airtight) secured back area with own ventilator and redundant Pilot Seat for hull breach backup situations!
      • All explosive devices are kept in the back! (Generators, Fuel tanks)
      This is a Frontal Assault Tank!

Sensor/Signal-Logic/Commands in the Control Menu:
    • Own deactivation signal for Artillery, Plasma and Rocket Turrets (so you can only use the turrets you want!)
    • Multiturret Switch (deactivate after using! It takes a lot of energy!!)
    • Constructors Switch
    • Front-Spotlights Signal
    • Forcefield Switch
    • Thruster & RCS & Hoover & Boosters Switch - shutting down ANY movement power
    • Multiple Door Signals:
      • Doors_Active - Signal to enable automatic Doors - these will be opened through Motion Sensors
      • If this is set, Doors_Open - Signal to let the Doors permanently open - man I hate that permanently door opening and closing clapping sound!!
      • Doors_Active Signal in the Control Menu can be overriden with a Lever near the left Side Door - when you have activated Doors_Open and deactived Doors_Active (meaning the Doors are closed) you can open them permanently with the lever without going into the control menu ;-)

Additional feature:
    • The Front Protection fender can be removed and replaced with 2 Harvester Modules at the existing front mounting points!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273314192

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit 23.01.2018 : Thank you all for being on the front page on Spot #1 this time! :):):)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    monktk, Bigfeet, ldog and 3 others like this.
  14. Whoom

Whoom Lieutenant

Black Widow Spider HV

20180127145426_1.jpg

Meant more for early/mid game exploring and protecting ground harvesting and mining. It comes fully equipped with O2 and 2 constructors. But only has gatling guns and miniguns to avoid any higher-level ore requirements.

This version is combat steel, but it would be pretty easy to convert it to something with just iron and avoid the Sathium requirements too.

I use it because it has an easy time climbing mountains and I haven't been able to make it tip yet!

Version with hardened steel/windows:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1283523274

Version with 0 Sathium requirement:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1284466429

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Ramachandra likes this.
  15. Ivo Shandor

Ivo Shandor Commander

16. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

I finished a high-speed hover tank today. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1292223486&searchtext=

The concept is that it is about dodging fire rather than soaking fire. I tested it against a bunch of POIs after the recent turret overhaul and it made a proper mess of most POIs without really suffering much damage in return.

Visually, it's meant to look... uh... not-empyrion-ey? I find there are a lot of very similar visual themes in the HVs in Empyrion. Lots of rectangular boxes with reoccurring color usages. I wanted the Sylpheed to look visually-distinct. A bit less boxy-human-tank and more advanced-alien-hovercraft.

[​IMG]

Kahrek and Razorwire like this.
  17. Gringo

Gringo Ensign

18. Trig

Trig Captain

Here's a pair of hovercars I've made
    [edit: now includes a 3rd, the mining conversion of 'cuda, Dust Deville]
    'cuda 3170
    and same but with submersible kit, sub'cuda 3170
    Kinda built to resemble a 1970 Plymouth 'cuda convertible, but re-imagined as a far future hover car (3170 year model).
    workshop 'cuda: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1308592232
    workshop sub'cuda: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1308592918

blueprint files attached (incase I have to take it off workshop)

Built from my SV "Intervertible", which was built from "Intermission"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Spirit_OK and ion_storm like this.