Hover Vessels

Discussion in 'Building and Blueprints' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

1. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

In my latest attempt to make the smallest whatever that has a whatever on it, I made this:

Microtank VR-1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1631309483

As small as I could reasonably make it and still put an artillery cannon on it.

[​IMG]

I'm not too sure how well it works in real combat though. It certainly doesn't hold up well when shot by another Microtank's artillery cannon.

2. JDaremo Fireheart

Always loved that design. I made a few similar to it.
    The first five on the left are variations to your M3. Numbers 4 & 5 are Starter versions. I do need to edit those to find out what is requiring Cobalt in them and remove them.
    20170710231348_1.jpg

3. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

I take no credit for the original design, that credit goes to Homefry and Rucky, however I will take credit for the modifications to it. The redesign is 2 blocks wider to accommodate for Cargo, Ammo, and Harvester inventory space and to be able to use retractable weapons on top (retracted so that they do not collide with the ceiling when mining).
    Dragon's Swipe 1.png Dragon's Swipe 2.png Dragon's Swipe 3.png

4. WaspLV

WaspLV Lieutenant

Nice :)
    Need to upgrade my hovers to nice, new logistic system.
    What I don't like in building starter hovers, it's Factory system. You just need level 3/5/7 and you can build fully equipped hover without thinking what to unlock firs, what to sacrifice. Also level 1 hovers mostly useless, because you can't produce Ingots until level 3 (Portable Constructor), they could be more useful if not Factory system.

Probably Multi-turrets/Rocket Turrets.

5. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

I failed to mention in my last post 2 things: 1. that this HV does not suffer from the "Bouncing around in a tunnel/hole" issue that most HV's suffer from. In studying the mechanics of how a HV acts in a tunnel and from other posts of people complaining that it should be fixed, the solution was quite simple as the only 1 other person I found mentioned and that was to put the hover engines in line down the middle of the ship. Problem was solved and I now know when building future HV's how to prevent such behavior from happening again, until such time that Eleon and company fix the "Bounce" issue for HV's; 2. This is a level 20 unlock but I started by making a level 5, level 8, level 10 (2 variants 1 for Mining, 1 for Fire Power (this is where I forked the 2 for 2 types of builds), level 15 (Fire Power variant), and level 20 (2 variants).

6. Fossil

Fossil Ensign

7. Donbingo

Donbingo Captain

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Attached Files:

9. MidareToushirou

MidareToushirou Lieutenant

EGS team has my permission to use this for the game if they'd like. Decided to finally release this Behemoth (although I just slapped some thrusters and RCS on it to make it turn and move, so refine as necessary), It is a nice two story roomy "battle-bus" style HV called the "Abismuth":

a7.jpg a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg

Attached Files:

10. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Packrat HVT-1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1665483505

Hover Vehicle Transport

Needed to solve my hauling problem so I came up with this, but it isn't completely optimized yet because the stats panel still sucks and doesn't tell me how much weight it will carry. Anyone know any console commands to figure it out?

There are 20 hover engines which is 20 * 200kN when they're all switched on for a total lifting force of 407.9tf. The mass of the vehicle is 40t so if I understand the units this should carry about 360t in 1G. This may be overkill for the volume, I haven't figured that out yet.

There's a single 32kSU harvest container (in case you add a multiturret) and a 1kSU ammo container.

Anyway....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot Shark likes this.
  11. cp6891

cp6891 Commander

Looking through this from the first pages, it's cool to see how things have evolved. Anyone else miss some of the old turret models?

jacobellinger likes this.
  12. CrazyZ

CrazyZ Commander

13. jacobellinger

jacobellinger Ensign

you can make it even more stable when in a tunnel by linking the center and outside thrusters to a menu switch so when you go mining the middle ones turn on and the outside ones turn off and when you want to travel the outside ones turn on again by flipping the menu switch.

14. CrazyZ

CrazyZ Commander