How to fix a Bugged, Broken, or Glitched Mission (video)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jiroc, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Jiroc

Jiroc Ensign

I had a few missions / quests that were bugged or broken. After a little research, I found several possible solutions to fix them. I created a video explaining in detail. I hope it helps someone:

One of the ways to fix a broken quest is explained below. I explain a few other possible fixes in my video:

I was able to get my broken mission to work by resetting it. To reset a mission in admin mode, type "pda lschaps". That will list all the missions. Take the number next to the mission you want to reset and add it to this command replacing the #: pda clrchap # (so in my case, I needed to reset "Totally Overpowered" which is listed as 9. So I typed "pda clrchap 9", without the quotation marks of course.) Hope this helps someone else. If it still doesn't fix your mission check out my video with a few other things you can try.

japp_02, 4Mcik and xtended2l like this.
  2. 4Mcik

4Mcik Ensign

Hello ,

Thank you for your video , but it didn't help my problem of fixing a broken mission.
    I can't deactivate the mission itself nor did ''pda clrchap'' work.

I will continue to find another alternative to fix this bug.

Your sincerely, 4MCik

3. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Very useful vid, thanks to share it :)
    Instead of the clr command you can also use the 'pda brief x' (x=chapter) command which will put you immediatly to the briefing screen.
    Alas, the pda lschap is now problematic because if there are 100+ missions to display, the screen will not pause so you can read the first ones, unless there is a command to pause the screen which I don't know.