How to make the solo survival scenario as a custom one ?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by El_Globo, May 24, 2021.

1. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Hi,

Sorry to ask this question, certainly it has been asked before, but I can't find tyhe answer I seek.

I made a full set of ecf custom files, that I have published on my workshop under a custom scenario which is a simple copy/paste of the default akua/omicron scenario.

I don't like this too much, as it only has two starting planets. I'd like to copy the folder of the solo/survival/default starting scenario (with stories&POIs) which offer temperate/arid/snow/swamp starting planets.

But I can't find the folder. In the scenario folder there's a default random folder but it looks like a sort of partial "shortcut" without the subfolders of a valid scenario When I copy/paste it, with my conguration folder, it simply doesn't appear in the scenario menu.

I don't know and I don't want to involve myself on learning how to create from scratch a full scenario with random generating.

So, Is there a way of simply copy/paste the solo survival scenario with the required components to make it available as a custom one ?

Thanks

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Here's a quick and dirty "guide" :

VSb.png

Just choose any name you want for your custom scenario's folder (mine is circled in red), and grab content from where it's indicated. If what I showed you here doesn't work please let me know. I just tested it and it worked.

Apart from this you can check @ravien_ff signature for a link to an example "default" custom scenario, but I never checked it personally.

-------------------------------------------------------
    If you just want to be able to use your custom configs and you changed nothing else (ex. no custom playfields or PDA) then you can simply put your configs in the Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Mods folder and the game will use them and they will not be overwritten with updates.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's an example scenario in my signature you can use as a template.

4. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Thk you both, I'll give a try

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Did you succeed ?

6. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

I didn't tried yet, thk for asking,and for your nice drawing. I'll keep in touch when I try.

EDIT : Yes, it seems to work well (just launched a new game and set the starting parameters).

Mission story loads too.

In console mode I read through the starting log an "error while reading global blueprint header data", but I can't see any effect.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Kassonnade likes this.