Help needed How to properly reset chapter 8 Sigma Fulcrum

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by eggofevil, Apr 1, 2023.

1. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

Hello!
    I''m triyng to reset progress in chapter 8 Sigma Fulcrum, but it looks like some part of progress wasn''t reseted.
    After using
    pda clr ,
    pda rd
    also was trying to use regenerate command for base entity, and wipe all for playfield
    and all this together,
    But when i begin chapter again ang coming to Sigma Fulcrum base, dialogue with station surviour AI looks like in the end of quest, so i cant't accomplis 3 tasks with code, and looks like Yarod doesn't give me some token again, so i can't open some doors, also those to the core room.
    We are playing on own dedicated server
    v 1.9.4 4019
    Game was the Single player survival at the begining, then it was used for multiplayer

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

The problem with this specific chapter Sigma Fulcrum is that you may need to reset the entire playfield to be sure this mission will play-out well if you repeat it, and even this may not help. The commands for resetting missions differ wether you want the possible game updates included or not. Also in your case I would rather try to first reset the POI which is used in the Sigma mission.

Resetting a POI:
    Use this command:
    regenerate [POI ID]
    You get the ID of the POI by toggling debug mode with 'di' in the console, then point on the POI to get its ID. After which enter the command above. All damages are restored, all NPCs get active again, the POI is in a unvisited state. In your case after this, reset the mission without applying updates (see below).

Resetting mission chapters without updates applied (this should be tried first after resetting the POI like explained above):
    First you must get the right chapter number you were playing. Type this command:
    pda lschaps
    and identify your chapter.
    Then, the right command in the console to reactivate a deactivated story chapter at the step you played before is:
    pda brief xxx
    where xxx is the chapter number. This will spawn the last briefing dialogue as for your progress in the chapter and the story is activated again.
    Alternatively, the devs have mentioned this command for starting a chapter directly:
    open console and type in: pda rwdchap xx
    Where xx is the chapter number.

Resetting mission chapters and applying all updates to the game related to them (should be used if you know your save was started before the update and you want to make sure it plays out like the newest update):
    Exit all missions > Open console > type in 'pda rd' to reload PDA.yaml definitions."

Resetting an entire playfield:
    For that you use the console command 'wipe'. This will reset all the playfield in its unvisited state. Be sure to take out everything you own in that playfield before wiping it (ships, bases, containers etc.), all this will be gone when wiping, also you should not be in the playfield when wiping it, go out!
    The command is:
    wipe 'playfied name' all
    This may help correcting some serious bugs, but in most cases a new savegame must be created to overcome certain bug types, especially those related to the storyline. This means the wiping may not work to get storyline missions to play right, and so you must restart a new game and transfering your belongings into it. If you have done the steps above without success, then resetting the playfield is your last chance, otherwise you must start new (this is only true for the Sigma Fulcrum mission, other missions are less complicated to restore).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    eggofevil likes this.
  3. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

@japp_02 Thank you very much!
    Unfortunately nothing changed.
    I've done next steps:
    1) reseted Chapter 8 progress with pda clr 44 (44 id in my version)., and unrewarded it with pda rwdchap -44 ;
    2) regenerated Sigma Fulcrum POI with regenerate XXXX ;
    3) then, just in case, reseted Chapter 7 with pda clr 43, and unrewarded it with pda rwdchap -43, and regenerated GlaD hideout structure;
    4) Then set wipe for two playfields:
    wipe 'Xoak Xi' all
    wipe 'Miin Omicron' all
    and checked status, so wipe info file for both playfields contains "all";
    5) Then i came to another system & restarted the server.
    So, all progress was likely succesfully reseted before the moment in chapter 8 when you need to find 3 codes on different consoles (seems like in this part it wasn't reseted (((

4. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

[​IMG]
    Stacked in this place of chapter

5. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

When using my commands above be careful because the chapter numbers are shifted by 1 number (0 is probably the first, look exactly what the text output of the command says).
    Redo the command
    pda lschaps
    to get the right chapter number for what's in your picture above then run the command
    pda brief x (x is the chapter nr.)
    when standing outside of the POI in your picture, this should spawn the briefing again for that mission part, all previous missions steps would then already be in a state of finished. From there on you should be able to continue without flaws. Tell me if this works; if not, then I'm afraid there is no solution I know to restore this chapter successfully, maybe someone else has better knowledge.

Also I must say that I'm more familiar with restoring missions in Single Player as opposed to make server admin, so what I do in SP may not apply for MP unfortunately.

Another thing: With some of these mission chapters it's really hard to distinguish between a bug and missing the correct play, what I mean is that you could easily miss a hint in a console etc. in order to finish a mission chapter successfully, espeically when it comes to hints like 'use this console in the upper floor...' or 'the password for xxxx is yyyy on the 2nd floor' or alike. You need to be sure, eventually watch a playthrough on YT to see that you do all what's intended, that could be difficult to acertain.

6. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

@japp_02 Thank you again )
    This part is working but not at all.
    No. there is no problems with the number of chapter, so i see that correct chapter was reseted. When using pda brief 44 in my case it spawns begining of correct chapter 8 and all things are good before those parts what on the picture. So this chapter in the beginning was allright, exept that i don't like how i finished with core, that's why I'm trying to reset it, but it doesn't want to reset correctly ) Ofcourse, i can finish it with cheats or something else, but first, i whant to finish it legally. I seems like there is some script inside, which was completed one first time and don't want to restart. So part of chapter is resetting, another not.
    As i said problem begins after conversation with Yarod, then i''m destroying his mmm body, then i'm finding console, where it is telling what everything bad, and we need to neutralize station AI (it's ok), and then i must find 3 different consoles which must show me 3 different codes. But they don't. They shows messages like i already got those codes and these 3 parts of chapter are finished.

7. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

Also some token is missed it is needed to go through door to the core rooms, i think firs time i got it during conversation with Yarod. But i can't get it after reset

8. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I remember when playing these chapters 1-2 years ago, I really struggled and thought for sure the story was bugged, but it turned out it was not. I spent hours and hours to finish a chapter just to realize I missed an entire hidden section of a POI, or there was a LCD in some room which I haven't given any importance...Then or the search in the forums or a watched playthrough in YT opened my eyes...Most of these chapters have puzzles where you need to stop going from A to B and instead think around the corner. And then...there may be bugs too :)

At your point, try hard to finish the mission chapter, if you don't succeed, search first the bug section 'sigma fulcrum', you don't want to lose time doing something impossible if there is a bug. If you find nothing search 'sigma fulcrum' in 'all forum topics' by clicking on 'more' in the search tab, this should find some comments that lead you to the solution, also don't forget to also search the Steam forum.

9. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

Ok, thank you! I''ll try.

10. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

At last I've reseted chapter, then finished these 3 tasks with codes in consoles manualy in PDA screen, then using unholy methods got in to the core room, and the main console was functional! So trying to continue fгrther game legally )

11. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I may be wrong because I must go by memory and I may also confuse it with another chapter, but IIRC, there is a switch in the wall that opens the core protection on the rear side and so you'll have easy access to it.

12. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

There many switches - puzzle. I don't know what will happen if to solve them wrong, may be the explosion. Problem not with them, but with doors, they were opening firs time when i come through this chapter, like I have obtained some token, and they not after reset, like this token was missed and I can''t obtain it again.

13. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

The puzzle in the core room can be solved in several ways,the logos for each lever can be found across the station with the correct color in which they need to be set, if you don't feel like going around the station looking for them you can try your luck by setting them on and off until the code is accepted

First thing is, you need to activate the levers using the lever next to the door and then start setting them until all green lights are on
    If you go too far with a wrong setting, red lights will start flashing, all you need to do is to go back and start again by resetting them all to the initial position, if not, someone will need to scrub your remains from what's left of the room.... :p

14. eggofevil

eggofevil Ensign

Ok, thank you!