How to vol/weight on dedicated server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WildmouseX, May 12, 2019.

1. WildmouseX

WildmouseX Lieutenant

I have uncommented the EnableVolumeWeight and changed it to true in the gameoptions file of the default multiplayer folder. It still is letting players go over volume, even after deleting save files and restarting.

2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Pretty sure this in the game Options. I have it enabled on my server, and I can’t fit 3 warp drives and 999 steel plates into a cargo box there.

3. Fenris

Fenris Commander

Like @IndigoWyrd said, I checked it in my options (it is set to false by default) and it works fine for me. There is one exception I noticed; the container I had marked as the output for one of my constructors was allowed to go way over in terms of volume when I was mass producing concrete blocks for one of my saves. But if the max number of slots is reached the constructor simply stops producing until a slot is cleared up.

This is on single player, though I cant imagine volume and weight being any different.

4. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

If i'm not much mistaken, the Default value for M/V is off, thus deleting the Default line makes no Change.
    Instead, you should have changed that line from false to true.

hth

5. WildmouseX

WildmouseX Lieutenant

I didn't delete the line, I deleted the # that makes it a comment. I missed a space after it though, it works now.

6. SPC Dog

SPC Dog Ensign

So ya reviving this dead thread because I'm now having this issue also. Only thing I changed in the options was the turret underground check. At first I thought it was a one time bug as I was refilling my fuel stocks at a trading center, but when I went back I noticed my refined pentaxid box was technically overflowing with refined pentaxid also. I check my other **** after multiple server reset and the Volume limit seems to be off. I'm post my options **** and see if ya'll notice anything. This is a multiplayer server btw.
    Options:
    ### Game Options for Multiplayer, Survival Mode
    - ValidFor: [ MP, Survival ] # Dataset selector: The first possible set is used. Allowed: 'Survival' or 'Creative' and 'MP' or 'SP' -- missing part = no restriction
    DecayTime: 5 # Time after which player-built structures without core or less than 10 blocks get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
    WipeTime: 720 # Time after which any player-built structures get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
    ProtectTime: 24 # Time during which structures are offline protected [in real time hours]
    ProtectDelay: 1800 # Delay until the offline protection is enabled [in real time sec]
    MaxStructures: 1000 # Max number of structures per playfield (reduce if you have performance problems)
    MaxSpawnedEnemies: 20 # Max number of NPCs that are spawned around a player
    AntiGriefDistancePvE: 10 # Distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built in PvE playfields (0 = disabled). Note: If 'LandClaimZone: Device' is set in playfield.yaml, AntiGriefZones will only exist for structures that have a Landclaim Device.
    AntiGriefDistancePvP: 300 # Distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built in PvP playfields (0 = disabled). Enable to avoid griefing when using offline protection. Note: If 'LandClaimZone: Device' is set in playfield.yaml, AntiGriefZones will only exist for structures that have a Landclaim Device.
    AntiGriefOresDistance: 50 # Distance (in m) around ore deposits where no other faction's base can be built (0 = disabled)
    AntiGriefOresZone: PvE # Playfield type (All, PvP, PvE) where the AntiGriefOresDistance is valid
    EnableTrading: All # Determines what kinds of trading is enabled, e.g. player-to-player or player-to-NPC
    EnableMaxBlockCount: true # Enable or disable the max counting of blocks such as the weapon limit
    EnableVolumeWeight: true # Enable or disable the volume and weight limit
    EnableCPUPoints: true # Enable or disable the CPU points limit
    AutoMinerDepletion: true # Enable or disable whether autominers deplete resource deposits
    GroundedStructureSpawn: false # Enable or disable whether blueprints must be placed on a base or capital vessel when being spawned
    UndergroundBpSpawn: Always # Permission for spawning Blueprints below terrain [Always, PvE, Never]
    TurretUndergroundCheck: false # Enable or disable check that disables turrets when they are placed below the terrain / water level
    ThrustersNeedOpenSpace: false # If true, a thruster needs open space behind it to work. Otherwise, the thruster will be deactivated.
    OriginDefault: Human # The name of the default Origin
    OriginAccessOthers: true # false will not allow any alliances with or join to factions from other Origins
    OriginAutoAlliance: false # Factions are per default allied if they are in the same Origin
    OriginFactionStart: false # Player joining a game will always be in a default faction unique to the Origin. Useful for coop games
    FriendlyFireInPvP: true # false will not damage any allied structure even in PvP. Will still hurt players!
    DespawnEscapePod: true # Per default the escape pod will not despawn any more to allow a player base and sleep till the morning in SP
    RegeneratePOIs: true # Set to true to allow POI regeneration
    FOWTransparency: 0 # Set transparency of 'Fog-of-War': 0 to 100 => opaque to completely transparent (invisible)
    ForcePvP: false # Forces all playfield to be PvP. Useful for coop games
    IsManagedScenario: false # If true, the scenario will be managed for score and other statistics, timers and other related data.
    EnableDecoKnockDown: true # If true, activated the Decoration Destruction mode. Set to flase to disable
    DSLUnloadSecs: 30 # Delay when structures will be unloaded if no player is near it (set to 0 to disable DSL)
    DSLDistancePlanet: 1700 # Distance at which a structure on a planet will be invisible and finally unloaded if no player is near it. Minimum is 600
    DSLDistanceSpace: 3500 # Distance at which a structure in space will be invisible and finally unloaded if no player is near it. Minimum is 1500

### In local Coop, following parameter are ignored since they are taken from Difficulty Settings window ###
    ### Notice: Changing some of the difficulty settings require to start a new game in order to take effect

### - PLAYER -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DiffEscapePodContent: Easy # Determines the content of your equipment when you start a new game [Easy, Medium, Hard]
    DiffPlayerProgression: Normal # Influences the overall player progression speed by earning more or less XP [Faster, Normal, Slower]
    DiffDegradationSpeed: Normal # Influences the speed of degradation when using weapons and tools [Off, Low, Normal, High]
    DiffPlayerBackpackDrop: DropEverything # To allow switching off the dropping of backpacks on death [DropEverything, DropNothing, DropBagOnly]
    DiffSpawnLocal: Always # To allow switching off the Local Spawn Option on death [Always, PvP, PvE, Never ]

### - LIFE STATS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DiffRadiationTemperature: Normal # Influences the impact of temperature and radiation on the player [Off, Low, Normal, High]
    DiffFoodConsumption: Normal # Influences the speed of oxygen consumption [Off, Low, Normal, High]
    DiffOxygenConsumption: Normal # Influences the speed of food consumption [Off, Low, Normal, High]

### - RESOURCES --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DiffAmountOfOre: Normal # Influences the average amount of ore that a deposit contains [Rich, Normal, Poor]
    DiffNumberOfDeposits: Normal # Influences the average number of deposits per planet [Plenty, Normal, Few]

### - ENEMIES ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DiffDroneBaseAttack: Normal # Influences the frequency of the drone base attacks [Off, Low, Normal, High]
    DiffDronePresence: Normal # Influences the overall number of drones that are present on a planet [Off, Low, Normal, High]
    DiffAttackStrength: Normal # Influences the overall difficulty when attacking enemies [Easy, Medium, Hard]

### - CONSTRUCTION -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DiffConstrCraftTime: Normal # Influences the overall craft speed of constructors [Faster, Normal, Slower, Instant]
    DiffBpProdTime: Normal

7. pala0815

pala0815 Ensign

SPC Dog, i've been looking for that forever. Thank you so much! :)