Humble request/suggestion for upcoming new models.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Insopor, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Insopor

Insopor Commander

I mentioned this in the roadmap thread, but I'd like to put it here to make sure it doesn't get entirely passed over. No, this one should be pretty simple. I'm not gonna demand for particular models or anything.

Just two things.
    One: legacy models (no, not the faction) I and I'm sure some others would probably find it very useful if the current models for NPC were left in the game. I'm asking that they stay as part of the game as it shows up to players. But if they were still in the game files and could be utilized, I've no doubt some people working on custom scenarios would love to make use of them.

Two: pallet swap/color variations.
    I'm no expert, but I think this should be fairly easy to do. Basically, just make copies of the models and change the colors a bit. Again, this would be super useful for people working on custom scenarios. The androids and the assassins have color/texture variations, I think this would be cool for all models. Maybe a white or grey or black versions of horrors, overseers, spiders. Maybe a purple version of the bipedal whatever-the-heck-it-is Kriel thing that sometimes shows up as a trader but is also an enemy. The more options, the better.

This could allow variants of enemies to be implemented in the future and be easily identifiable. Maybe a weaker version of the iconic horror, or a stronger, slower version of it too. Maybe a lot of color variants for Zirax/Terrans so Polaris, Trader, UCH, Trader, BoF, Colonist, and the various houses of Zirax could be colored appropriately and then be easily identified by looks. Just as an example.

Thoughts?

krosbonez and Vermillion like this.