Is it just me or is the average age...

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by hoxer, Oct 12, 2015.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Well reading your post and games you play your not new to forum rules. BTW to me your just another message on a forum board. Don't know you and now I don't really care too. Oh Empyrion it's ok.

2. Icarus

Icarus Ensign

well nice to meet ya folks regardless of circumstance as to what brought us to this particular thread. hope new years was as refreshing as mine was for you all.

anybody got some loose topics or can i suggest some tunes or something? anyone share affinity for music and/or the production of?

3. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

I have been playing Interstellar Rift for a little while now, and the pace of the game is certainly picking up. It can definitely be a little slow and uninteresting if you do not play on a populated server, but I certainly like just building ships. They recently added weapons, so you can at least blow things up now, but even if you're not into the pew pew, building a ship is a game itself.

4. Angvir

Angvir Lieutenant

30 years young :) I love Gaming of all types. Everything from table top to advanced simulation. My wife sort of understands. She realizes that I've been gaming since I could hold a controller (Thanks Dad!) and this is the dog she brought home. Gaming is my passion, and as I've gotten older and matured my interests in games shifted. I used to be all about the FPS games, but now I enjoy the creative and relaxing games... with a little bit of Fallout 4 and Skyrim types thrown in :)

I believe that casual gaming helps the mind stay active. As watching TV is passive consumption and Gaming is active consumption. Using problem solving skills and strategy. I think everyone should have a little bit of that in their life.

piddlefoot and =TCR= Big_Red like this.
  5. eninrebmun

eninrebmun Commander

48 here. Glad to see some older farts have already checked in. Now I feel like a whippersnapper. Of course, my inner Beavis and Butthead will probably never die, so what's a number?

Like most, Ive been through all the game types... the last thing I was really in to was Minecraft. I loved redstoning and automating myself to the point where I didn't even have to play it. ;-) And that's a game for everyone of all ages (like Legos!)... I think Empyrion has almost enough Minecraftyness in it, plus some of my old FPS itches can be scratched.

I really would love to see some sort of "redstone" system in place at some point in the future; you can only get so creative arranging blocks with defined functions.

hoxer likes this.
  6. StarCitizen

StarCitizen Lieutenant

32 here.

7. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

67 here

8. =TCR= Big_Red

Hello there old guy. Lol 63 here.

9. carlos.deleon1

carlos.deleon1 Commander

49, and counting....I hope!

10. Lv1 Magikarp

Lv1 Magikarp Lieutenant

25 here, I got the general feel of the age base from the people that joined my server, seem more mature than what you normally see elsewhere.

It's refreshing.

11. Lunex

Lunex Commander

12. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

47. I grew up with the Odyssey, ColecoVision, and Atari's at everyone's house. I had a neighbor with a c-64, I played chop lifter as long as I could those days. I'll probably be playing something when I kick off.

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  13. Mike Hibbert

Mike Hibbert Ensign

50 here and fondly (NOT) remembering the days when i would boot up Civilization on my Amiga and go have supper waiting for it to load lol

14. Kasero

Kasero Lieutenant

54 here.
    I remember the first computer I used. It was in 1981. It was a PET 2001, 4k RAM iirc...

15. Mike Hibbert

Mike Hibbert Ensign

our computer lab in high school had half a dozen PETs but we had to share the tape drive

16. =TCR= Big_Red

How about a zenith heath kit?
    Trash 80's, CoCo's, C-16, C-64, Amiga 1000,500 etc. Atari, PC 286,386,486 blababa.....

17. Mike Hibbert

Mike Hibbert Ensign

yeah, first one was a sinclair zx 81 kit lol

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  18. marswarrior

marswarrior Ensign

32. Among first games i use to play : king of dragons, fatal fury , Magic sword,Knights of the Round,Dynasty Wars,Warriors of Fate , castle Vania, sunsetriders, r type, gladius, Aero Fighters , 1943,strike gunners
    contra.

Now is mostly strategy heart of iron, wall street raiders, capitalism 2/lab, geopolitical simulator series,europea universalis iv, rome vae victis, crusaders kings, total war series, polaris sector,star citizen, master of orion, sins of solar empire, Galactic Civilizations 3, kenshi, supreme commander series,Ashes of the Singularity , wargame series.
    Building : cities xl,sim city 2000.
    Some racing /sport sim as project cars, aseto corsa, grand turismo , Football manager series[ as soccer for americans]
    Some swords witcher series, mount and blade series, kingdom come deliverance.
    And only some shooters as planet side 2.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  19. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

My age is classified. But last year I was 30.....

...****.

20. Necra

Necra Commander

32 until October. I was born into gaming. My father fixed pinball machines and arcades, Used to take me with him and let me play games while he worked. I tend to drift towards slightly more complex games that have layered challenges and let me lose myself in the immersion. Empyrion fills both those for me. Especially with all the updates so I can find new ways to accomplish things.

Techmonkey likes this.